PDA

View Full Version : Questions on Litter & Treats

AngelZoo
05-22-2003, 07:45 PM
I posted this on the cat board, but I also wanted to hear from the small a nimal crowd as we use the same or similar products.

Got some new supplies today.

I got this litter made of fine grain corn cob (it really IS dust free) and it's clumping, called Clump n' Flush. Anyone tried it before? I hope it works good on smells cause I want to use it for the cats and the ferret.

Next up... has anyone fed their ferrets BilJac cat treats? They look pretty good (for commercial treats that is) the first 3 ingredients are actually meat. And they are quiet moist, come in a big cube form, my cats and ferret LOVE them.

wolfsoul
05-22-2003, 08:28 PM
I've used corn cob on the rats, but I didn't like it :( It started to mold after only a couple days, and it really smelled bad :o So I wound up having to clean the cages every day....(And with four cages, that's no fun at all :eek: )

I also didn't like the clumoping litter, but I'm sure it has a different affect on cats than rats ;)

lv4dogs
05-23-2003, 10:57 AM
Anglezoo, are you on the ferret store forum? I saw the same /'s asked there this am? I am chaotic chaos on there & it is an awesome site! Anyways, I have used corncob litter for my rats I did not like it so I've never used it on ferrets, I use either wood stove pellets or woody pet & love them both! If it is clumping litter than I would NOT use it on frrets, too many blockage/urinary problems can occur.
bil jac treats, I feed them to my dogs I've never looked at the ingredients for the cat ones but if there is a lot of animal protein it should be fine. I try to feed my ferrets mostly hard treats as it's better for their teeth.

AngelZoo
05-23-2003, 01:56 PM
lv4dogs: Yes I am the same AngelZoo over there :) It's an ok forum, some of the people just get um.. grumpie :D ;)
The wood stove type pellets don't work well on my ferret or cats
:(

It's only really bad if it's clumping CLAY, at any rate even things like wood stove pellets well swell up from holding so much moister, hence it becomes the same as 'named' clumping litters. It's dangerous because of the swealing or bloating, not because it's "clumping" exactly.

Keiji's main meal is dry kibble, so he gets lots of crunches, plus I clean his teeth :) I give him treats so rarely they are an extra special treat, such as the nawsoms, perfect texture for ferrets!