PDA

View Full Version : I'm waiting for a rescue as we speak

lbaker
05-22-2003, 06:39 PM
this "acquantince" has called my daughter-in-law with a horrible selfish problem, she has LOT'S of problems... but, she happens to have a dog that hasn't been out of her apt. in THREE MONTHS :mad: i just found out about it..:mad: :mad: so Jenny is going over to "help" but I said just bring the dog over to stay here for awhile.. *here i go again* but she (the dog) is a young labbie mix and I don't know what to do from here. I just hope my guys will be patient with her.. DANG, oh HELL, we don't need this but then neither does this poor dog.. oh, what to do from here :confused: :mad: :(

jenluckenbach
05-22-2003, 06:50 PM
I have all the confidence in the world that you will know "what to do from here". Just be happy you found out about the situation and are able to help. Best of luck.

lbaker
05-22-2003, 07:00 PM
oh Jen, thank you. I'm still waiting for this poor baby dog to show up. I'm so angry at this person for waiting. so maybe now i can let her outside with my dogs in a large fenced-in yard with some loving buddies. You know Badger will be kind.. and we will try to make things better.. oh dang :(
Laurie

micki76
05-22-2003, 07:15 PM
Yeah!! Laurie you're awesome! Give her/him lots of love and kisses and don't foget your own furkids will need extra attention! :D :D :D

Let 'em outside to play and get to know each other.

This dog hasn't even been outside to potty????

lbaker
05-22-2003, 07:49 PM
she's HERE! She is wonderfull. Poor baby was so excited to see other dogs and go outside in my yard :cool: My guys are OK with her (well, CollarFlower is maybe a bit jealous) but i think it's OK for now. She really isn't a Lab, maybe some of her, but a short haired yellow something. Jenny is outside with them all and she (Pepper?) dog, is very happy and she will sleep with me tonight if I have my way. My guys won't mind too very much I don't think. :rolleyes: What else could I do??
Laurie

jenluckenbach
05-23-2003, 04:49 AM
How nice. I am glad all is going well.

Logan
05-23-2003, 07:46 AM
Good for you, Laurie!! And good luck!!!! :) She sounds like a precious girl!

lbaker
05-23-2003, 08:09 AM
she seemed to sleep well... some bad dreams but that's OK. Was not too sure about being "allowed" to go outside this morning on - ewww - DIRT & GRASS but my guys are being soooo good with her. She wants so badly to be "one of the guys" it breaks my heart but she's a very sweet little thing. I'm leaving early today and will stop at the store to buy some extra treats. I think she has a bit of greyhound or something in her mixed with the blonde labbie parts. Now to try to deal with that person that may or may not want her back :mad: :rolleyes:
Laurie

Rachel
05-23-2003, 08:18 AM
What exactly do you mean when you say she hadn't been out of the apartment in three months? Surely she had to be taken out to do her business. Is it that she hadn't been able to run and play and exercise her muscles?

In any event, Laurie. You are a jewel for caring. I wish we lived next door to you so I could share some of the responsibilities of this kind of task with you. Good luck to you. Hopefully you will be able to resolve the problems of this dog if not the person. Please keep us informed.

tatsxxx11
05-23-2003, 08:30 AM
Rachel's right Laurie! We'd all be thrilled if we could partake in the doggie sitting duties! She sounds like such a sweet girl:) I'd be absolutely beyond livid if it's confirmed that this dog never went out to potty!!!!! WHAT are people thinking? It sounds like your kids are doing their part, taking her by the paw and teaching her how to be a doggie!:) YOU, Badger and CollarFlower are rescue angels! Thank you, thank you, thank you for intervening. Oh, she must be in absolute heaven with you! Hoping her "owner" will consider surrendering her! She deserves a much better life than she's been living!

Christiansmommy
05-23-2003, 08:31 AM
That is so great that you have taken her in for a bit. And that she is able to socialize with your doggies. Good for you!! You have probably already added a little life and love into that poor dog. Keep us updated!!

Robyn

lbaker
05-23-2003, 08:46 AM
I was being literal in that she was not out of the apartment AT ALL for months. Not even to do her business. THAT is animal cruelty 10 times in my book. The woman that "owned" her would clean up the messes and feed her but even though the woman was having health & other problems there was no excuse for not asking for help for this dog. If she wants to go to hell in a handbasket fine - leave the dog out of it. (sorry, it's a bit much trying to keep my temper)

ramanth
05-23-2003, 09:00 AM
:eek: :( :mad:
That poor pup. I'm happy you have her now and that your boys are getting along with her.

I take it she has accidents in the house since she is pretty much trained to go whereever?! :eek:

Kona & Oreo's mom
05-23-2003, 09:35 AM
I am so thankful to you for getting involoved and taking in this poor sweety! Good luck with her transition, and I hope that the "owner" is willing to do the right thing and not take her back.

Rachel
05-31-2003, 04:08 PM
Laurie, Just curious as to what is going on with Pepper. Please check in when you can.

lbaker
06-02-2003, 07:32 AM
Rachel, bless your heart for thinking of us. Pepper has found a wonderful forever home with the brother and sister-in-law of my neighbor. I'll still get to see her when they come to visit next door. Her previous "owner" is getting some much overdo help herself. Again, thank you all for your support. I think Pepper is finally learning how to be a dog (thanks a great deal to my wonderful dog babies).
Laurie

Rachel
06-02-2003, 08:41 AM
Thank you for relaying that wonderful news. Pepper's situation (although not the worst we've heard about) broke my heart.
Thank you so much for intervening and finding a resolution to this situation. Good Pep's former person is getting the help she needed as well.

Dakota's Mommy
06-02-2003, 09:56 AM
Wow, what a terrible situation! Thanks so much for helping this poor little helpless puppy! I'm so glad to hear things look like they'll turn out much better in the end!

lovemyshiba
06-02-2003, 03:01 PM
Thanks so much for helping sweet Pepper out, and finding her a loving home. I'm glad to hear that she is able to be a dog now, and that yours helped her:)