PDA

View Full Version : Is your cat greeting you?

Kirsten
05-22-2003, 10:19 AM
Is your cat greeting you when you're coming home? And what's its greeting ceremony?

Luna would wait behind the door, then expects me to walk over to the bed where she wants me to sit down so she can jump on my lap. She immediately starts purring while I'm cuddling her, and she's rubbing her face against my hands and face... it's really sweet. This might last a few minutes, but sometimes it takes a little longer or she would even fall asleep eventually (while mommy ignores things like being hungry or busy LOL).

Kirsten

ramanth
05-22-2003, 10:21 AM
If Zam is at the door when I get home it's because she wants to zip out. :rolleyes: ;) :D

Then I have to chase her down and put her back inside.

K & L
05-22-2003, 10:33 AM
I have one cat that does this everytime I walk in the door! Surprisingly it is the latest feral rescue, Bo. As soon as she hears me open the door, she comes running. She doesn't hardly leave my side when I'm home. At night she's sleeping in the crook of my arm and won't move. If I move, she pulls me with her paws and purrs. She's the best thing that's happened to us (besides Bentley)!

Edwina's Secretary
05-22-2003, 10:48 AM
When either of us comes home Edwina is waiting inside the door (except on Mondays when she is often still asleep -- too much weekend!) Sometimes she will be sitting on my lap and when she hears the garage door open she jumps down and runs to the door to greet her poppa!

Very cute is when she doesn't get to the door in time....Our upstairs is open to the stairway with wrought iron railing. She will stick her head through the railing and look down the stairs to see what is happening!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid40/p4f2b9c987d24bdc6dcdf17b14a07bc17/fcfcd222.jpg

ScantyNebula
05-22-2003, 10:56 AM
Toby gets very excited ..I don't get to greet him first since my fiance gets home before I do .. he tells me that Toby runs down the stairs and purrs like mad waiting for him to pick him up :D One time he said that Toby dug his claws in his jeans and crawled up his legs into his arms LOL silly cat! He's usually very excited when I get home too! He follows me around everywhere and sits in my lap for a while :D I love going home!

Lerah021399
05-22-2003, 11:02 AM
Ali only sometimes come down to see us. I haven't really noticed a pattern in when she shows up and when she doesn't. She just comes when she feels like it I guess. She usually comes down, walks in front of us and jumps up on the arm of the couch looking at us as if to say "Pet me!"

Jack on the other hand is pretty consistant with his greetings. In fact he's usually meowing at us through the front window before we even get in the door. Once we're inside, we greet him w/ a hello and he meows back at us and puts his front paws on our leg and stretches.

rosethecopycat
05-22-2003, 11:20 AM
Snowy deposits his favorite toy by the door when he's ready for his Mama to come home. It's sort of like a summons.

Then when Mama does come home he's very casual, acting like: Oh, you're home? I wasn't waiting on you or anything...

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-22-2003, 12:38 PM
Tubby is always waiting for me at the door. Terry says that about 4:00 pm Tubby finally moves off the couch. He probably goes to get something to eat, uses the potty, then plants himself in front of the door until I get home. :D

Sometimes Peanut is waiting for me. That all depends on whether Terry is home or not. If Terry is home, Peanut is usually on his lap while he's on the computer. However, when she hears the door open and hears that it's me, she always comes running down the stairs to greet me and rubs her chin on the half-wall that is right next to the door.

Then Terry comes down the stairs to greet me, so I get the whole family up when I come home. :D Of course the first thing I have to do when I get home is make supper, so the only reason everyone is so happy to see me is because they no food is on the way. ;) :D

slick
05-22-2003, 12:48 PM
When I come home after working all day they both greet me at the door, then follow me into the bathroom......then follow me into the bedroom......then follow me into the kitchen.....waiting for dinner.

If I'm home on the weekend and pop out for an hour or two, then they don't usually greet me because they are in the middle of their power nap.

HayleyRosie
05-22-2003, 12:56 PM
Hayley and Mandy both greet us with lots and lots of purring. My husband and I both get home the same time so we take turns picking them up. I really look forward to that time of day.

julijul
05-22-2003, 02:52 PM
My roommates swear Jonah and Finn have telepathy! I keep them in my bedroom when I'm not home (that way there's no chance of them accidently getting outside or getting into things in the rest of the house). Apparently, a few minutes before I get home, they start meowing like crazy. And it's BEFORE I pull up into the driveway!!

Finn is usually so excited to get out of my room that he just rushes past me! But Jonah (who is *much* more of a Momma's boy!) winds between my legs and flops over for a belly rub! And Jonah demands to be let into the bathroom if I have to use it upon coming home!! :rolleyes:

NoahsMommy
05-22-2003, 03:03 PM
I have to share how each cat greets us when we get home...they are just too funny. :)

Micah: Most likely spends his whole day AGAINST the front door, waiting for my return. (He's a mommy's boy)

Basie: Comes running towards me when I come home. If I'm already home, he's usually sleeping in my lap or nearby. If David comes home and I'm there, Micah will jump off me and run to the door, Basie will take off for the bedroom. Isn't that funny? When he realizes its "daddy", he'll come back.

Noah: Stretches leisurely as he jumps down from the cat tree or from behind the toilet. :D

Noel: Will usually stay where she is, until she can greet us on her own. Guess she doesn't like to compete. ;)

Olivia: Is a cross between Noah and Noel. She spends all her time in our bedroom in the cat window bed or on our bed.

Miss Meow
05-22-2003, 05:09 PM
Jasmine has supersonic hearing and can hear my car from down the street. By the time we pull up, she's sitting in the front window with big wide eyes (but when we come in the door she pretends that she wasn't that excited). Through the frosted glass next to the door, we can always see the dark bat's ears of King Mini because he's a total mummy's boy like Micah! Tabasco and Pickles are either waiting at the door to either greet us or escape, or they're in the perch on the cat tree, waiting for us to come to them because they know it's TUMMY TICKLE TIME! :)

jenluckenbach
05-22-2003, 07:09 PM
It is always hard for me to vote on these types of questions because I have so many different personalities, but I have more greeters than non-greeters.

Felicia's Mom
05-22-2003, 09:46 PM
Felicia is always at the door to meet me.

Beau is there to greet me, but he is behind Felicia (toward the center of the living room).

carole
05-22-2003, 10:05 PM
Well my two greet me much the same way really, i am home often, but when i do go out, they come with tails high and that look of happy to c you mum in their eyes , rubbies is followed by loud purring always, its the best part going away is being greeted by my ash and lexie when i come home.