PDA

View Full Version : "I'm out of water!!"

wolf_Q
05-21-2003, 11:31 PM
Does your dog ever let you know when they are out of food/water?

Reggie and Smokey have always started barking when they see us drinking water to let us know.

Previously, Nebo never has. He has a big "no-spill" bowl that probably holds at least a gallon or more.......so he doesn't run out too often (I think it looks like a toilet hehe). Well, tonight, he decided he wanted a drink, and he wanted it NOW! :rolleyes:

My mom and I were sitting on the couch (watching American Idol ;) ) and we hear this loud noise crashing down the stairs....

I got up, and behind my chair was Nebo's big old water bowl! He had chucked it down the stairs! :eek:

Needless to say, I filled it with some nice cold water and he got what he wanted!

wolfsoul
05-21-2003, 11:45 PM
Leather and Timber always have water, but not always food..Timber will ignore her hunger, but Leather will bark and whine :p She's so demanding :rolleyes:

binka_nugget
05-22-2003, 12:22 AM
Kai's never told me but I'm sure it'll come with age :rolleyes:

Cookiebaker
05-22-2003, 06:10 AM
When Malone's water bowl is empty, he will stand and LICK it and lick it and lick it ..... and lick it. I think he thinks water magically appears there. ;) Eventually if we don't notice he'll start picking up the water bowl and playing with it. :rolleyes:

ramanth
05-22-2003, 07:53 AM
:eek: I hope he wasn't aiming for the back of your head! :o :rolleyes: ;)

Silly Nebo.

Andie
05-22-2003, 01:26 PM
Bull threw a slight hissy the other day cuz the puppies knocked the water bowl over. He came at me barking and jumping and biting. Scratched my arm all up.

GSDgurl
05-22-2003, 02:27 PM
LOL....thats funny. Nebo ur so silly~!:p

lovemyshiba
05-22-2003, 09:23 PM
What a silly boy Nebo is!!!!
Abbey and Riley will lick and scratch the dish with their paws, as if the water will appear from them doing that. If that doesn't work, Abbey usually brings the bowl over to me, or knocks it over and makes noise so we know she needs it.
Kito barks at it. He barks at anything he can't get himself, and thinks that will help. Just tonight, he was barking at the cabinet under the sink, because that's where I keep the cup to fill up their dish--he doesn't really bark, just makes these noises--I have no idea how to explain them!!

Kfamr
05-22-2003, 09:24 PM
Simba sits on the rug infront of the kitchen faucent when he's hungry or thirsty and whines..... Nala just drinks out of the toilette :rolleyes:

Aspen and Misty
05-22-2003, 09:27 PM
Nova normally doesn't run out of water because her bowl is so HUGE and she has 2 of them.

But when she does she licks her bowl, Like Malone. She will sit there and lick it as if to say with each lick maybe water will apear next time! LOL

Ash