PDA

View Full Version : Worries abotu the Starling baby

Aspen and Misty
05-21-2003, 04:32 PM
Sorry to bore you all with this again :rolleyes:

I've been sitting outside for almost an hour now and the parents do go into the nest to feed there baby (baby's) but they don't seem to be feeding them. They enter with A worm and leave with A worm. They have not once come out with out a worm. My sister said she noticed this yesterday that is why I've been watching so closly. What is the reson for this odd behavior? Is it a cause for concern??? Or do all starlings do this?

Worried,
Ash

CathyBogart
05-21-2003, 07:29 PM
I'd not worry about it. The parent birds most likely know what they're doing. Maybe they don't want to feed the babies while they're being watched. ^_-

AmericanSaddlebredLover
05-21-2003, 07:42 PM
i have no idea

Aspen and Misty
05-21-2003, 08:59 PM
Yea, I havn't touched them or gone near there nest latly. I'm hopeing that after 3 years of being bad parents they finalyl will shape up and become good parents.

Thanx a bunch,
Ash

Twisterdog
05-21-2003, 11:30 PM
In the fall, after the babies are grown and the parents are done with the nest for the season, why don't you just put a board over the opening, or whatever you need to do so that they can't use this spot again next year?

They can find somewhere else to nest, they do it all the time. And then you won't have to watch them and go through this next spring.