PDA

View Full Version : Why do you register twice - or even more?

Randi
05-21-2003, 04:17 PM
I'm aware that some have had problems with their registration (old account) on PT - but for others, is it really neccesary to register more than once?

Make up your mind about your username - and stick to it!!

That's only my two cents.

Pam
05-21-2003, 04:20 PM
Amen Randi! ;)

Uabassoon
05-21-2003, 04:24 PM
I agree, it's so confusing when people have 2 or 3 usernames. I don't really understand the reason for it either.

bluekat
05-21-2003, 04:25 PM
My thoughts exactly! I don't think its necessary to register twice, or more either.

zippy-kat
05-21-2003, 04:35 PM
I'm all for PetTalk charging a small, one time fee for membership. I've talked about this with friends (some for and some against) but it would keep people from doing the multiple username-game.

It's one thing when you've been gone for awhile and return w/ a new user name. It's another when you're a current, posting member and decide to have 5 or 6 screen names.

Thanks, Randi. Glad to know to others are annoyed as well. ;)

PS. For what it's worth...
I'd be all for a reasonable yearly fee if we were allowed x-amount of space for picture storage, etc.

primabella
05-21-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
I'm all for PetTalk charging a small, one time fee for membership. I've talked about this with friends (some for and some against) but it would keep people from doing the multiple username-game.

It's one thing when you've been gone for awhile and return w/ a new user name. It's another when you're a current, posting member and decide to have 5 or 6 screen names.

Thanks, Randi. Glad to know to others are annoyed as well. ;)

PS. For what it's worth...
I'd be all for a reasonable yearly fee if we were allowed x-amount of space for picture storage, etc.

Nooo then I wouldn't be able to join! :( My dad wouldn't let me pay for a messageboard. he hates thta I'm on them in the first place. (Maybe that would make some people happy but not me :p)

binka_nugget
05-21-2003, 06:07 PM
Well...this is my second account. My first one was "kai". then I changed it to this one because I wanted to use my usual online name just to keep things simple. I don't use both..I'm sticking to this one now...but I think charging would limit some of us. I'm thinking maybe use Ip#'s ...or something?

Aspen and Misty
05-21-2003, 06:09 PM
I also hate it when people have 6 diffrent names and you can't tell. I've had otehr ones before but I've had Aspen and Misty forever now and wouldn't ever change it unless I was having trouble doing some things with it or on it.

Ash