PDA

View Full Version : Question for all.

I Love Brian, Forever <3
05-21-2003, 11:08 AM
This question is not meant, in anyway, to anger anyone by any means.
If you love animals, then why do you eat them? They used to have a life, like you and I have now. And now they are slaughtered for our survival. These living things are not referred to as 'cow' and 'pig,' but 'beef, steak' and 'pork, sausage, bacon.'
I'm just wondering how anyone can eat something that cute --- and knowing it's an animal. To me, that's just disgusting, to put that into my mouth.
What are all of your opinions on this?
Thanks!

iceyshiver21
05-21-2003, 11:57 AM
This question has brought on many heated debates....maybe instead of starting a new one I will find the last one we had.

wolf_Q
05-21-2003, 12:00 PM
Yes, its been discussed enough times. If you're not a vegitarian you're a horrible person. Ok, I get it...I don't think we need another argument.... :rolleyes:

iceyshiver21
05-21-2003, 12:02 PM
Check this out instead-

One (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24860&highlight=eat+meat)

I Love Brian, Forever <3
05-21-2003, 12:05 PM
No, I never said anyone was a 'horrible person,' I was simply asking everyone's opinion on the subject. :rolleyes:

Kfamr
05-21-2003, 01:46 PM
For one it's a life cycle. For another if we didn't there would be an over population of cows or something just like if any predator is taken out of the ecosystem. Another, we want to. We can still love animals and eat them, maybe to some it's a part of their diets. No one says you have to eat them, so why does it matter why others do or don't?

And to me - Give me a nice steak!

I Love Brian, Forever <3
05-21-2003, 01:51 PM
Yeah, I should've known that I can't ask someone's OPINION without someone getting angry or all offensive. Just forget I asked.:rolleyes:

Kfamr
05-21-2003, 01:53 PM
I don't see anyone getting angry, i just gave you my opinion.

I Love Brian, Forever <3
05-21-2003, 01:54 PM
Okay. :D

oodlesofpoodles
05-21-2003, 02:12 PM
What every one needs to remember is that one thing may be right for one person isn't right for another. It doesnt make it right or wrong. I care for animals, I love to ride horses, some say this is wrong making a horse a slave for my enjoyment. Who's right and who's wrong. Neither, its an opinion. Its the same with any topic. Whether you are a vegian or not, it doesnt matter. I eat meat, but I dont criterize someone who doesnt. so feel they should not criterize me either. I dont like to see testing done on animals either but if testing something on a lab rat makes a cure for something like cancer and could cure my brother who is dying. I say go for it. Am I wrong. No, am I right, No. Its how I feel, I think that when we post these threads we should keep in mind that this is a pet talk message board. I really dont think that this thread fits into pet talk. But thats my opinion.

primabella
05-21-2003, 03:48 PM
I really dont think that this thread fits into pet talk. But thats my opinion.

It might be a Pet Talk board, but the Dog House section is for topics like these.

For one it's a life cycle. For another if we didn't there would be an over population of cows or something just like if any predator is taken out of the ecosystem. Another, we want to. We can still love animals and eat them, maybe to some it's a part of their diets. No one says you have to eat them, so why does it matter why others do or don't?

Totally agree.

You can say if you love animals so much then why do you eat steak? Well, those people in Korea may love dogs but also eat them. I am not even sure what point I'm trying to make just bringing something up. :rolleyes: (Not that I agree with what they are doing) I just think that it is okay to be a vegetarian and okay to not be a vegetarian. I just don't like it when some people lecture you because you do eat meat.

Uabassoon
05-21-2003, 04:41 PM
Yeah, I should've known that I can't ask someone's OPINION without someone getting angry or all offensive. Just forget I asked

No one is getting angry, and you can ask for opinions. But this is a topic that has been a little overdone lately, which is why the link was provided for you. If you really want to know everyones opinions you can find them there.

RICHARD
05-21-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by I Love Brian, Forever <3

I'm just wondering how anyone can eat something that cute --- and knowing it's an animal. To me, that's just disgusting, to put that into my mouth.

do sharks and bears have the same 'eye' towards cuteness
that we do???

check it out,
if you have any problems with eating cute animals,
do what i do, make sure the animals are ugly.

;)

catland
05-21-2003, 06:02 PM
I have a confession to make - last month, when I was on vacation, I had a soup that had ...... well, it was an animal that is a pet to some pettalkers - and it tasted just like chicken.

wolf_Q
05-21-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
If you love animals, then why do you eat them? They used to have a life, like you and I have now. And now they are slaughtered for our survival. These living things are not referred to as 'cow' and 'pig,' but 'beef, steak' and 'pork, sausage, bacon.'

By this statement, it seems you are implying that anyone who eats meat can't love animals.

By this statement, it seems you are implying that anyone who eats animals doesn't have a heart for something that is cute and that anyone that eats meat in disgusting.

You may not have intended it that way, but with the way you worded it, we can only read it as an attack to *normal* meat eating humans and not a way to ask someone's opinion.

I completely agree. The way it was worded, it DID make it sound like she thinks anyone who eats meat is a "horrible person."

Crikit
05-21-2003, 06:40 PM
I love animals but I also love meat. It was the way I was raised, we have meat with almost every meal. It's part of the food chain, if we didn't eat the meat the world would be over run with cows, pigs, chickens and things...okay so that argument is kind of lame but hey.

I also look at eating meat as helping the economy. Growing up in Alberta there are a lot of farms and ranchers, who make their money from people buying the beef or the pork or the poultry that they raise. If people didn't buy what they had to sell, they couldn't survive, and considering that the cattle industry provides 30billion dollars a year to the Alberta economy, there seems to be a lot of people who agree with me.

I Love Brian, Forever <3
05-21-2003, 07:30 PM
Okay, people! I GET IT. I sincerely apologize and did not realize that this had been excessively discussed in the past.

That is why I started this thread off, "This question is not meant, in anyway, to anger anyone by any means." --- I did NOT mean to offend anyone, or imply that anyone is a "horrible person." I was simply asking your opinions, as I had stated mine. A couple of you brought up some good points as to why you do eat meat. I hold nothing against ANY of you many meat eaters.

RICHARD
05-21-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by catland
I have a confession to make - last month, when I was on vacation, I had a soup that had ...... well, it was an animal that is a pet to some pettalkers - and it tasted just like chicken.

the only thing that i can think that is a pet and goes in soup is a
pet peeve........i usually have pet peeve soup when i have to eat my words..

tasted just like chicken!;)

Kfamr
05-21-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by I Love Brian, Forever <3
Okay, people! I GET IT. I sincerely apologize and did not realize that this had been excessively discussed in the past.

You asked for everyone's opinions so you want those who haven't given them to shut up?:confused:

marysmerrycats
05-22-2003, 09:10 PM
kfamr just want to tell you I like your sig pic!