PDA

View Full Version : Last Week AT Work

DoggiesAreTheBest
05-21-2003, 07:55 AM
Well, my contract will be over next Thursday and I will be in AL full time until our AZ move late July. I am looking forward to being home more and spending time with Drake and Andrew.

I have also signed up to volunteer 5 hours a day at the local No Kill Shelter in town. One of my duties, which I am looking forward to, is Pet Therapy and Pet Education. I will be taking pups to the Nursing home to visit and to summer camps in the area for the childs to play with and learn about Spaying and Nuetering as well as animal cruelty etc...

Logan
05-21-2003, 08:02 AM
Good grief! Time has flown by, Souraya!! I know you will be delighted to be with your family, but I will miss you, just knowing you are gone! And you'll still be here! :) Your work with the shelter will be so rewarding for you and the dogs and the people who will benefit from having them around. Thank you for all you do.

Logan :)

ramanth
05-21-2003, 10:55 AM
I'm so happy for you Souraya! Enjoy your time helping out those pups from the shelter. I just know you will make many smiles with your own. :)

moosmom
05-21-2003, 07:50 PM
Souraya,

Pet therapy is wonderful! I did it with my cats MooShoo and Faberge. It was so rewarding to see the elderly patient's faces light up and listen to stories about their pets. Good luck!!

Miss Meow
05-21-2003, 08:40 PM
Sounds fantastic! And good luck with the move :)

AmberLee
05-22-2003, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
Sounds fantastic! And good luck with the move :)

I agree with this sentiment completely. Good luck!

Cataholic
05-22-2003, 02:22 PM
DITTO!!!

lizbud
05-22-2003, 09:01 PM
Souraya,

The volunteer work with animals sounds fantastic.Good luck
to you. You're not moving till August, right? Hope to hear some
stories with your volunteer work. That's something that I know
I would love to do also.:D