PDA

View Full Version : Thursday the third time around....

mugsy
05-21-2003, 07:42 AM
Since it's Wednesday, I thought maybe we could get our drink orders in early this week so Richard has a heads up as to how much stuff to have on hand! ;) :p

My order this week is a supersize blue margarita on the rocks with salt.

moosmom
05-21-2003, 08:44 AM
I'll take a Absolut Vodka martini, straight up with a "dash" of vermouth and alot of olives please! Make it a double!

Chinadoll
05-21-2003, 09:18 AM
Now that exams are over, graduation done, and financing almost complete on the condo I want to buy **please cross fingers**, I can put a drink order in also ;)
Strawberry Margarita, no salt...and I like mugsy's idea...supersize it :D

catland
05-21-2003, 10:14 AM
I'd like a Root-Beer Float - and not the kind that you get from A&W;)

Don't forget the massage therapist - either that, or lets rent a hot-tub.:D

zippy-kat
05-21-2003, 10:23 AM
I'll have a cup of Godiva's Hot Cocoa--supersize it too, please!

Also, can I have a side of dog-food/boiled egg/applesauce mash for Jay Cheeter, the foster blue-jay?

I Love Brian, Forever <3
05-21-2003, 10:45 AM
I'll have anything that's 45%+ alcohol, through a straw ... and lots of it.
Oh --- don't forget the Budweiser.

zippy-kat
05-21-2003, 12:02 PM
Is it too early to ask the "dear richard" question?

I gotta problem.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-21-2003, 12:23 PM
Have we frightened Richard off? Did anyone else notice he wasn't here yesterday and I haven't seen hide nor hair of him today! Are we being too demanding?:D

Nomilynn
05-21-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by I Love Brian, Forever <3
I'll have anything that's 45%+ alcohol, through a straw ... and lots of it.
Oh --- don't forget the Budweiser.

Aren't you the same person as JGuitaristR? Don't be trying to get Richard into trouble with underage drinking requests!!! ;) :D

I'll take a bellini and a hot tub with a massage therapist! :eek: :cool: :D

catland
05-21-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
Have we frightened Richard off? Did anyone else notice he wasn't here yesterday and I haven't seen hide nor hair of him today! Are we being too demanding?:D

He made a visit to the General section this am. Seems he's battling some very clever, spiteful birds and is probably exhausted by the whole event.

I'm sure He's picking up supplies at the liquor store right now to prepare for tomorrow.:)

I Love Brian, Forever <3
05-21-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
Aren't you the same person as JGuitaristR? Don't be trying to get Richard into trouble with underage drinking requests!!! ;) :D

I'll take a bellini and a hot tub with a massage therapist! :eek: :cool: :D

LOL, Shhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

RICHARD
05-21-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
Is it too early to ask the "dear richard" question?

I gotta problem.

i have taken two IDGAF days......
(I Don't Give A Fudge days)

some time off from typing.....i have some kind of pulled muscle in my shoulder......

anywhose....

would the Zipmeister like to have some advice???

(my only concession to "thursdays"- advice 24/7....)

the bar will be open tomorrow...

some questions i have........Annika vs Vijay's mouth???
what is that all about.....i think background has a bit to do with it.

here's one that's baffled me....
If the Modesto police KNEW Laci Peterson's body was at the
bottom of the ocean, and the tide was too tough, why didn't they call the Navy or someone with a submersible??

catland,

any animal that battles me has the edge....put your money on the birds....:confused:

Kfamr
05-21-2003, 01:42 PM
I think drinking is horrible :(
But i'll have a smirnoff ice, just don't tell anyone, we can pretend i'm 21....right?:D :o

zippy-kat
05-21-2003, 01:48 PM
Ok, I don't know who all knows about Mr. Jay Cheeter. If you need more info, you can read about him here. (http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?threadid=26770)

There isn't a wildlife rescue organization for our area. There is, however, a lady who takes in wild birds (and, as we later found out, snakes, and all other types of animals). We also found out that her place isn't fit to be living in (again, see the above link for more info).

Unfortunately, Mr. Jay Cheeter is not fit to be reintro'd into the wild (too tame -- possibly imprinted).

After finding out the birdy lady's living conditions/animal population, Dad pretty much decided we were keeping Mr. Jay Cheeter. Today, I find out that it's a federal offense under the Migratory Bird sumpin'-sumpin' law. The fish and game dept.'s contact is the lady described above. The next in-state "drop-off" is about a 6 hr drive. We are closer to TX (live less than 10 min from the border) but someone told me I can't take him across the stateline...it's considered smuggling? (Dunno how credible that source is.)

So now what?

I know that some wildlife rehabilitators keep animals (that are unfit for reintroduction) for "educational purposes." I could do that... Mom's got a classroom I can borrow. Anyone know what you have to do to become a wildlife rehabilitator?

Soledad
05-21-2003, 03:42 PM
I'll take a vanilla stoli.

Edwina's Secretary
05-21-2003, 03:47 PM
I'll have a frozen margarita -- extra heavy salt on the rim please!

Uabassoon
05-21-2003, 04:03 PM
I'll take a vanilla bacardi and coke :)

Logan
05-21-2003, 04:06 PM
Tonya!!! good grief.....what are you to do??? Seems to me that you need to keep this bird and do what you can. If you need me to call a local wildlife rescue for some instructions, I'll be glad to do that! I dont' want you getting arrested over doing the right thing!!!! What a mess!! Here you are trying to do right and all this political mess is in the way. I don't blame you one bit for not wanting to leave him with the "bird lady".....goodness, she has snakes in her bathtub and has given up her bed???

I wish I were closer so I could help you.

Logan
05-21-2003, 04:08 PM
Richard, I'm going to take a "surprise drink" tomorrow, leaving it totally up to you. Here's a few don'ts though:

No brown liquor
No Budweiser (love Bud Light)
No coconut
No red wine, preferably

Other than that, you're on your own!!! :) I'll be happy, no matter what!!!

Cincy'sMom
05-21-2003, 04:14 PM
We have the Periodic Table of Mixology in the women's restroom at work. One of the Drinks on it is called a Tajuina (Sp?) Taxi. That's what I want ( I actually stopped and bought the one ingredient I didn't have on the way home from work today....)

Miss Meow
05-21-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Chinadoll
Now that exams are over, graduation done, and financing almost complete on the condo I want to buy **please cross fingers**, I can put a drink order in also ;)

Hey, I am celebrating as it looks like we've bought a house! Pics to come on the weekend. So make that a jug of strawberry margaritas and glasses all round :D

Crossed fingers for you Chinadoll, it's so nerve wracking ...

Go Annika, Vijay is a chauvanistic waste of oxygen.

Zippy, good luck with Mr Jay :)

Soledad
05-21-2003, 04:32 PM
Congratulations, Nicole!! Your own house, so exciting. Pictures soon, eh?

Randi
05-21-2003, 04:56 PM
For a change, I'll have sort of milk shake - no, I'm feeling OK. LOL!

It's gonna be a bit of a challenge perhaps? I had it in a hotel (mornings) called Riu Merengue. I asked the ingredients, but as my spanish is not perfect, I'm not sure I got it all. :o Two things in it was bananas and milk. - (the bananas used, we may not be able to get here. :(

Can you sort that one out??

babolaypo65
05-21-2003, 05:11 PM
chinadoll: Typing is difficult with my fingers crossed, but they are for you! good luck.

Richard: I think I'll let you surprise me with a drink too, but like Logan, I have a few ground rules:
no rum
no scotch
and
no rum

maybe something fun with an umbrella?

Originally posted by Chinadoll

RICHARD
05-21-2003, 05:13 PM

Unfortunately, Mr. Jay Cheeter is not fit to be reintro'd into the wild (too tame -- possibly imprinted).

The next in-state "drop-off" is about a 6 hr drive. We are closer to TX (live less than 10 min from the border) but someone told me I can't take him across the stateline...it's considered smuggling? (Dunno how credible that source is.)

So now what?

I know that some wildlife rehabilitators keep animals (that are unfit for reintroduction) for "educational purposes." I could do that... Mom's got a classroom I can borrow. Anyone know what you have to do to become a wildlife rehabilitator?

zippy,

is there a local animal control office around your area?

the may have contacts with a state organization you can contact,
since it is a protected species they have different set of rules and do know 'wild life mothers' in the area.

i'd be concerned if you decided to keep MR. Cheeter-was he in the los angeles area over the weekend???? my car is a mess-
sometimes even the best intentions are punished quite severely in the eyes of the law :( you might try to find out the exact laws in your area otherwise you might need a lawyer should there be a problem

(heh heh heh, he said, "lawyer":eek: )

in case there is some kind of reason where you feel that it's not practical to keep a bird. (cats, dogs, ceiling fans.....)

pack up you troubles in your old kit bag and make it a day.
i guess you could stop about three hours into your drive and
have a picnic, find some business you can do while headed in that direction -make it a day.

i'm sorry that i do not have more info or good advice for you.
besides the jay problem i am going thru, my brother keeps a
mourniing dove that gives me the willies....it sounds like it keeps saying 'richard'....spooky!

randi,
what kind of alcohol is in your request???

slick
05-21-2003, 05:17 PM
Well, since I did not get my Caesar last week, I expect two this week. And Richard, I love the olives.......and the celery stick! I hear the border lineups are not as bad first thing in the morning so maybe you could send mine up first?? And for a snack, I'll take a dozen escargot smothered in garlic! Hey I sleep alone.....

Thanks Richards. As always, forever grateful....

Randi
05-21-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
randi, what kind of alcohol is in your request???
Uhh, if any, it's bound to have been light rum. :D - course the drink was all snow white. ;)

iceyshiver21
05-21-2003, 05:24 PM
Hmm....Ya know I think the news about Thursdays is spreading....

momoffuzzyfaces
05-21-2003, 05:28 PM
My cats loved their catnip tea so want to order it again for tomorrow. So that will be 3 catnip teas. I'll want a cherry vanilla coke and an order of nachoes - mild please - hold the onions. Please super size everything since it has to last a whole week.:D

Miss Meow
05-21-2003, 06:02 PM
Thanks, Soledad! We have building inspections and boring stuff tomorrow so I'll take the digicam and wow you all with the pink curtains and kitchen ... not!

Maybe with all the clientele, Richard could make a drink of the week so we can pre-order? :)

mugsy
05-21-2003, 06:16 PM
A new house??? How exciting. Now, when it comes to moving day...I'll be out of town! lol j/k. Congrats

Amy, do tell, what is that drink you want?

kohala
05-21-2003, 09:41 PM
Must run all over and cost a lot!! New house? HOORAY!!! Can't wait to see pics!! Best of luck on the finals, CD!!!!! Glad I'm not there anymore :D !!

OK - Richard - could I have a real Mudslide please - not one of those ready made (gag) things!!!
Or else a White Russian!!
Can you tell I like "milkshake-y" drinks? LOL

Cincy'sMom
05-21-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by mugsy

Amy, do tell, what is that drink you want?

2 oz. tequila
1 oz blue curaco
1 oz tropical fruit schnapps
Pour over crushed ice in a Collins glass

Fill with lemon-lime soda.

It is a sweet drink, but very good!

The next recipe thread...mixed drinks :)

wolfsoul
05-21-2003, 11:28 PM
But coolers are yummy :p

Chinadoll
05-22-2003, 12:51 AM
Thanks Nicole and babolaypo for the well wishes. It was so stressful putting the financing together, we're just about done, thank goodness. Congrats on the house Nicole! Hope inspections go well.

yummy...I can almost taste those strawberry margaritas :)

Cheshirekatt
05-22-2003, 01:37 AM
Is it too late to order a bloody mary extra spicy with a dash of wasabi?

marysmerrycats
05-22-2003, 01:43 AM
hmm the strawberry margarita sounded good, so did what Mugsy ordered... I will have one of each! so did we decide on a name? thursdays?

babolaypo65
05-22-2003, 09:08 AM
mmmm wasabi! now THERE's a perfect drink.
HAPPY THURSDAY everyone!!!

Originally posted by Cheshirekatt
Is it too late to order a bloody mary extra spicy with a dash of wasabi?

lbaker
05-22-2003, 09:08 AM
It's before lunch here so make mine an Irish Coffee, heavy on the Kahlua and forget that green junk. Logan, I'm with you once again with the ground rules, should there be a "drink of the day" special at some point down the line: no dark liquor, no red wine. If it ever warms up around here I look forward to a white wine spritzer served by the pool by some hunky cabana boy :eek:
Laurie :o

zippy-kat
05-22-2003, 09:42 AM
I'm with Laurie and I'll have the cabana boy!
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/spezial/Fool/alc.gif

(Hey! How come my smilie won't work as a smiley?)

Edwina's Secretary
05-22-2003, 09:54 AM
Zippy,

A couple of time I have tried to use IMG on a Dog House thread and it has not worked. I have drawn the conclusion that you can't put fancy stuff on this thread....

Corinna
05-22-2003, 10:03 AM
Just an ice tea with lemon no sugar (diabetes) . As for the bird problem here in Montana ALL wild game are property of the state, you can be fined big time even for road kills. I would advise contacting the wild life fish and game for your state. They have there own recovery people.

catland
05-22-2003, 10:15 AM
WELCOME TO THURSDAY'S

now where is my drink:cool:

slick
05-22-2003, 11:03 AM
Mmmmmm - getting pretty parched up here..... And Richard, could you please put in some extra hot sauce in my Caesar please? Thanks.

Hmmmmm - extra spicy Caesar and hot garlicky escargot. Look out colon, here it comes......

RICHARD
05-22-2003, 11:30 AM
done....

drinks are up....

hi to the new folks, congrats for the new purchase people and the drink of the week sounds good, the people who can't or do not like the DOD can order separately.

i am installing a pool out back for the warm days of summer, but
i refuse to hire a cabana boy.....that's too foo-foo

and anyways,
it would turn into a theme kind of place, like Hooters...the guys would wear speedos and the name would be something like
'Cashews' or 'Almonds' some kind of nuts theme..

lol......

drink up!

catland
05-22-2003, 11:52 AM

i refuse to hire a cabana boy.....and anyways, ... ...the guys would wear speedos

and the problem with this is???:eek:

zippy-kat
05-22-2003, 11:54 AM
I contacted the State Game/Fish -- they sent the birdy lady. :mad: :(

On the upside, he's not too tame to re-release and I get to keep him until for another week or two. Foster mom! :D

On the downside he'll have to go to the bird lady at that time. She does have three other jays and they'll all be placed in a flight cage in her backyard.

AND... I might getta be foster mom to a jackrabbit! :D

Woohoo! I would like an electric lemonaide, please.

Cabana boy is out? Do I still get the aforementioned massage therapist?

RICHARD
05-22-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by catland
and the problem with this is???:eek:

sexual harrassment and tips....

for some reason i see people trying to slip a tip into the cabana boy's speedo and the health department may have a say as to the poor guy having to dig around for the aforementioned tip
in his shorts..that's the reason i hate cold change....
let's take this to the shareholders....

zippy,

congrats and remember, Your Tax Dollars at Work!

RICHARD
05-22-2003, 01:02 PM
the DOD is

Raspberry Zinger

1 oz. Chambord, 1 oz. Vodka, Splash of Grenadine & Orange Juice

Shake with ice, Strain into a chilled cocktail glass

slick,

would you mind if i sneak an escargot off you plate?

never had one and am feeling daring today.

lbaker
05-22-2003, 01:13 PM
mmmmmmmmmm, now that it's afternoon I'll give the DOD a try. Unfortunately it's cold, grey and nasty here and this drink sounds more like a summer cooler but what the hey, I'm feeling daring too. Richard, are you going to bring it over wearing a speedo? Are you feeling THAT daring :eek: :eek:

emily_the_spoiled
05-22-2003, 01:23 PM
Even though it is cloudy and overcast AGAIN, I think I'll order a DOD.

BTW Richard ... what colour is your Speedo (so we can make sure the rest of the bartender garb matches)? :cool: :cool:

slick
05-22-2003, 02:00 PM

slick,

would you mind if i sneak an escargot off your plate?

never had one and am feeling daring today.

Anytime Richard....provided I can sneak something into your Speedo. They are usually served up "swimming" in garlic butter and served with crusty roll on the side to soak up excess butter. Not your dieters delight but OHHH so good.

Nomilynn
05-22-2003, 02:11 PM
mmmm.. I'll try a DOD.. that sounds good!

and anyways,
it would turn into a theme kind of place, like Hooters...the guys would wear speedos and the name would be something like
'Cashews' or 'Almonds' some kind of nuts theme..

And.. I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but.. cashews? Almonds? Don't you think "Walnuts" would be more fitting???? :eek: ;) :D

RICHARD
05-22-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
mmmm.. I'll try a DOD.. that sounds good!

And.. I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but.. cashews? Almonds? Don't you think "Walnuts" would be more fitting???? :eek: ;) :D

speedos are not my style!!;)
and i thought about the walnuts and cringed....

dod.....done!

Cataholic
05-22-2003, 02:24 PM
Shame on all of you~

Now, I will take two DOD...to ease my frazzled nerves

catland
05-22-2003, 02:29 PM
I'll be daring and have a DOD. :D

We actually have nice weather here today, supposed to get up to 80 F tomorrow (best day of the year so far) - then in true Pac NW fashion, its supposed to cool down and rain over the weekend:confused:

RICHARD
05-22-2003, 03:38 PM
cat and cat,
single and double...
done.

please send rain-- it was 90+ here in el lay yesterday!!!

Cincy'sMom
05-22-2003, 03:43 PM
I think I'm going to need to add a DOD to my order :)

slick
05-22-2003, 03:53 PM
Richard: I received my order and I do thank you. The escargot was bit on the chilly side but that's what microwaves are for. The Caesar is exactly what I ordered, including the olives. BTW, I was at my local market and discovered these big green olives stuffed with a garlic clove instead of pimento. MMM good. You've come through again Richard. What would Thursday's be without you. Sigh.......

RICHARD
05-22-2003, 04:03 PM
Cincy,

done!

slick,

i'll remember next time heat your esgargot!...:eek:

i think we need a hostess, a bouncer,
cabana boy...

the massage guy has been hired.......go to the cabana...

Cincy'sMom
05-22-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by slick
BTW, I was at my local market and discovered these big green olives stuffed with a garlic clove instead of pimento. MMM good.

We have those here too...aren't they wonderful?!?

I also like the olives stuffed with Blue Cheese...

slick
05-22-2003, 04:14 PM
Olives stuffed with blue cheese :eek: :eek: Stop it! I've already had lunch and this is making me very hungry...... I love blue cheese and anything else that smells like stinky feet! I think I need to make another visit to the recipe thread....

Why don't we start a cocktail thread? Recipes for different cabana cocktails....

Oh massage guy........now that my tummy's full, I could use a good back rub.......do you wear speedos??

momoffuzzyfaces
05-22-2003, 04:18 PM
RICHARD! You are only 18 away from the big 1000.
The offer of burgers and shakes is still open but I absolutly refuse to wear a speedo!!!! That's a sight no one would want to see and would get us closed down by the cyber police for sure. Besides, I'm just not equiped for it. Can I have another cherry vanilla coke? I've been busy fussing at neighbors all day.:D

Cheshirekatt
05-22-2003, 04:20 PM
The green olives stuffed with jalapeno are really good, too. They are great to garnish the bloody mary's with! Yummmmm. But the garlic stuffed olives are my favorite. *can't wait until she can eat solid food* :D

slick
05-22-2003, 04:22 PM
RICHARD! You are only 18 away from the big 1000.

Wow I never noticed. I think Dick's Place should celebrate. We'll all send him a drink for the big occasion.

mugsy
05-22-2003, 04:30 PM
YUM!!! DOD....I'll have one of those. Chambord is one of my favorites. Love the bottle too.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-22-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by slick
Wow I never noticed. I think Dick's Place should celebrate. We'll all send him a drink for the big occasion.
I used to be a fry cook once upon a time and have offered to man (or woman) the grill for a party. Richard has promised to loan me the keys to the Pub so the party will be on!!!! as soon as he's hit the 1000 mark or a wee bit closer to it.:D

RICHARD
05-22-2003, 04:50 PM
slick, moff, ck, and mugs,

done......

btw,

i want to meet the person that stuffs the blue cheese into those
olives.....or the jalapenos......

don't touch your eyes afterwards!!! lol

iceyshiver21
05-22-2003, 05:04 PM
17 Richard!! Oh my...I think we all better save room for what we eat when we celabrate for Richard's Party....

Could I get a hot chocolate....its kinda chilly here and its been a long horrible day with my cousin in the hospital.

RICHARD
05-22-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by iceyshiver21
17 Richard!! Oh my...I think we all better save room for what we eat when we celabrate for Richard's Party....

Could I get a hot chocolate....its kinda chilly here and its been a long horrible day with my cousin in the hospital.

EXTRA WHIPPED CREAM FOR YOU!
done.

and prayers for your cousin.

mugsy
05-22-2003, 05:49 PM
Hey Richard....how's the shoulder???

marysmerrycats
05-22-2003, 08:58 PM
:eek: :eek: sounds like some of the posts are getting rather... shall I say, not so family friendly in nature? hehe, you guys are funny!( I thought for sure there would be reprimands over some posts.. but no, not that I wanted there to be, just thought there would be)

so, what drink does the house reccommend?

iceyshiver21
05-22-2003, 09:19 PM
I do belive the DOD is Raspberry Zinger...

zippy-kat
05-22-2003, 10:01 PM
I just found blue jay #2! :eek:

I'll have a double, please. lol

wolf_Q
05-23-2003, 12:55 AM
No alcohol for me.......how about some yummy Apple Beer in the glass bottles! :D

lbaker
05-23-2003, 06:54 AM
BLUE JAY #2:eek: Tonya, what are they doing, putting out "flyers" to say "COME HERE, WE GET SMUSHED EGGY YOLKS WITH YUMMIES!!" I just need coffee this a.m. What with strange stray dogs showing up and visions of RICHARD in a speedo and Phred in his Fireman suit in my dreams (singing Y M C A well, need I say more?:rolleyes:

slick
05-23-2003, 11:14 AM
Hey Richard:

Thought I would share this with you. Last night I went home from work and pulled out the remaining large green olives stuffed with garlic. I pulled out the garlic and stuffed them with blue cheese and it was awsome!! And it went really well in my nightcap Caesar..:D :D

Can't wait until next Thursday.

zippy-kat
05-23-2003, 12:04 PM
How about Friday happy hour?
:eek: :eek: :eek: My first Grad School Class is this afternoon!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Laurie -- LOL

RICHARD
05-23-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by marysmerrycats
:eek: :eek: sounds like some of the posts are getting rather... shall I say, not so family friendly in nature?

ah, the double entendre!!!

slick,

lol,
no i can't go today, i'm stuffing olives.......

lbaker,
we'll hire a dream interpreter/palm-tarot reader....
:)

wolf,
apple beer............hadn't heard that one in years!

zippy,
are you sure it's gravity and not an errant blast from the hose that's putting those kids outta the nest? (kidding);)

ice,
love it......you know the drink of the day-and don't drink!
see what alcohol does to you??:eek:

momoffuzzyfaces
05-23-2003, 12:27 PM
RICHARD IS ONLY 5 AWAY FROM 1000!
LET'S START THE PARTY!!!! I START WARMING UP THE GRILL!:D

slick
05-23-2003, 12:38 PM
OK. I'll starting making my famous smoked oyster roll as an appetizer. Maybe I'll drop by the mall and pick up speedo as a present....

momoffuzzyfaces
05-23-2003, 12:42 PM
I've started a new thread for the party. It's come as you are!:D

iceyshiver21
05-23-2003, 12:48 PM
I think we all need to get togather and make a drink "Speacial" drink for Richard from us....this should be interesting...

zippy-kat
05-23-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by iceyshiver21
I think we all need to get togather and make a drink "Speacial" drink for Richard from us....this should be interesting...

;) :D ditto....

now... what do we name the drink?

RICHARD
05-23-2003, 04:06 PM
;) :D ditto....

now... what do we name the drink?

that's the ticket!!!!!

any contribution for the drink of the week/day will be personalized!

Nomilynn
05-23-2003, 05:24 PM
I don't know what it would be called, but my bf made a drink for me once that had raspberry smirnoff with tropical fruit juice and Sprite.. it was GOOOOOOOOD :)

Cheshirekatt
05-23-2003, 05:29 PM
I have no idea if this is a real drink or not, but I really like Godiva chololate liquor with coke. I call it a Lady Godiva. :)

Miss Meow
05-23-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
BLUE JAY #2:eek: Tonya, what are they doing, putting out "flyers" to say "COME HERE, WE GET SMUSHED EGGY YOLKS WITH YUMMIES!!" I just need coffee this a.m. What with strange stray dogs showing up and visions of RICHARD in a speedo and Phred in his Fireman suit in my dreams (singing Y M C A well, need I say more?:rolleyes:

Whoa, hello, men in tackle grabbers AND firesuits - I'm hollering for a cab to get me to this party :D

marysmerrycats
05-24-2003, 12:23 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by marysmerrycats
sounds like some of the posts are getting rather... shall I say, not so family friendly in nature?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted by Richard....
"ah, the double entendre!!! "

well you have to admit, there WERE some, then there weren't

:cool:

zippy-kat
05-27-2003, 09:34 AM
Let's have an Early Thursday... why?

Because I have Blue Jays #3 & 4 in my garage (they're meanies!) but they're in there until the storm subsides.

Poor dears were near drowned when we found them. :(

Cheshirekatt
05-27-2003, 10:03 AM
Early Thursday sounds good to me! I get my splint off today! Whoooo-hoooo! Which means for the first time in 6 weeks I get to eat solid food. :D

mugsy
05-27-2003, 10:57 AM
Let me put it this way. Thursday is the day after our awards night (BORING), it is the last day of school for the kids, and it is also field day (where the entire school is outside playing games and running around like banchees). Need I say more?:D :rolleyes:

RICHARD
05-27-2003, 12:16 PM
Let's have an Early Thursday... why?

Because I have Blue Jays #3 & 4 in my garage (they're meanies!) but they're in there until the storm subsides.

Poor dears were near drowned when we found them. :(

when you get 9 blue jays you may want to go to toronto....

their baseball team needs help!;)

drowned, huh???

told you not to knock them out of the tree with the hose.....

zippy-kat
05-27-2003, 01:05 PM
:( Ok, now I need a shot of prozac. Mr. Jay Cheeter left for the wildlife rehab.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid63/pdda02e6bfce4f4082b06b1e4c485b79b/fc1370b5.jpg
He wasn't very pretty and he had a helluva set of lungs, but I liked him.

It's best that he stays wild.
It's best that he stays wild.
It's best....
I'm not buyin' it. :(

lbaker
05-27-2003, 01:16 PM
Tonya, that picture is SOOO cute. What a neat little guy. It IS best he stay wild you know, but I understand how easy it is to grow attached to these little foundlings. Are #'s 2, 3 & 4 eventually going there as well? I bet K-Cee is pleased about the whole thing. This drinks on me........... bartender, make it a double please. Maybe Richard would like to take care of the extra jays you have. They seem to be CRAZY about him. Somehow he seems to attract crazy things. Or maybe he just makes things crazy ;)
Laurie

RICHARD
05-27-2003, 01:48 PM
This drinks on me........... bartender, make it a double please. Maybe Richard would like to take care of the extra jays you have. They seem to be CRAZY about him. Somehow he seems to attract crazy things. Or maybe he just makes things crazy ;)
Laurie

tuesday tonic......

done.

laurie,

funniest thing! i took one of the IQ tests in another thread and the results came back..

this weekend i heard that a 70 score reads as being 'challenged'.

it's me. i have no excuses!:rolleyes:

babolaypo65
05-27-2003, 03:07 PM
Didn't forest gump have a 78?;)

RICHARD
05-27-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by babolaypo65
Didn't forest gump have a 78?;)

my mama told me, "life is like an I.Q. test,
you never know what you are gonna score..."

9 points above Forrest, and i'm complaining...;)

momoffuzzyfaces
05-27-2003, 04:40 PM
My internet provider has been up and down all day; mostly down, and my arthritis is on the rampage, I vote for an early Thursday too. Make mine a strong tea on the rocks with lemon. Oh, and please make it a double!!!

RICHARD
05-27-2003, 04:56 PM
My internet provider has been up and down all day; mostly down, and my arthritis is on the rampage, I vote for an early Thursday too. Make mine a strong tea on the rocks with lemon. Oh, and please make it a double!!!

done.

i hope Arthur Itis leaves your house, SOON!

slick
05-27-2003, 04:59 PM
Well, I for one, can wait until Thursday. Thursday's are special and if you have more than one Thursday in a week then it's not special any more.

bartender, another round please.
:D :D :D

mugsy
05-27-2003, 05:24 PM
That's true slick, but, I for one, am totally looking forward to THIS Thursday (or to be more precise, 2:35 pm this Thursday!! lol)

RICHARD
05-27-2003, 05:32 PM
done....

2:35??

don't watch that clock!

zippy-kat
05-28-2003, 01:47 AM
Tonya, that picture is SOOO cute. What a neat little guy. It IS best he stay wild you know, but I understand how easy it is to grow attached to these little foundlings. Are #'s 2, 3 & 4 eventually going there as well? I bet K-Cee is pleased about the whole thing. This drinks on me...........
Laurie

Thanks, Laurie! :)

Numbers 2, 3, & 4 were released after our storm. They were all-too ready to get back to mom/dad bird. And we were all-too ready for them to go back... the big meanies! (they bite! :eek: )

RICHARD
05-28-2003, 11:26 AM

Numbers 2, 3, & 4 were released after our storm. They were all-too ready to get back to mom/dad bird. And we were all-too ready for them to go back... the big meanies! (they bite! :eek: )

not to mention they poop all over the car!!!