PDA

View Full Version : Fisters' Journey - Picking up Bad Habits!

jonza
05-20-2003, 12:31 PM
Fisters' Journey - Picking up bad habits

Oh no, here we go again!
Miaw miaw miaw, pause, miaw miaw miaw, pause, MIAW!

Every time that Fister returns to us after one of his ordeals at “The House of Cages”, he becomes slightly more domesticated, slightly more appreciative of us, and slightly more CHEEKY! Once, when he came back after a bad experience at “The Incompetent Vet” cat pension, he simply shouted and howled at us for several days, but it rapidly wore off and he soon reverted to his usual quiet, placid self. When he returned from his big operation and a lot of trauma with the cone, he became extremely dependent on us, followed us around for days, hiding under the bed covers with us, and making it quite clear that he couldn’t do without us. This time, we sent him to an expensive luxurious pension, and he seems to have handled it very well. His coat is in lovely condition, he has lost no weight, and it took him no time at all to re-adapt to his favourite home. The lady at the pension even managed to get him back in his box without doping him, but that, it turned out, was not a good idea. :(

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid62/p1813d53ed1b9b16e43f42a74a9fea682/fc1c7ce3.jpg
Be careful when near these!

Presumably frustrated at being able to hear us again, but still being locked in his box, he went amuck on the long journey back in the car, and ripped his famous claws till they bled trying to escape and somehow lost a few whiskers as well. He may have been mixing with “a slightly higher class of cat” but he has definitely picked up some BAD HABITS! :cool:

I’ve always enjoyed talking to cats, and have had many pleasant chats with Fister, but now we are reaping what we have sown. He has become an incessant chatterer, from the moment he wakes until lights out at midnight. He has a comment on practically everything nowadays, and certainly has perfected the art of answering back. We will be sitting quietly working at our computers when - MIAW! Up we get to see what the problem is. There he sits in the middle of the floor, perhaps a bit bored. I WANT A CUDDLE! OK, OK, he gets his cuddle. Back to work. Five minutes later - MIAW! What now? He’s sitting comfortably in his favourite chair, wanting what? Another cuddle of course! A bit later he miaws again. Where is he now? In the bathroom, studying his favourite drain. What does he want? Pour some water over the floor for me please! The funny thing is that he rarely miaws for food, he just stands next to his plate looking angelic and waiting until our hearts melt. He will also run around just in front of us and then lead us out into the kitchen like a guide dog. The message is clear!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid62/p46b9bfd35b530c51ed72d3c3910858ba/fc1c7ce0.jpg
Will you please feed me NOW!

He has also upped the ante again concerning the pecking order in our bed. Most of you will have read the story of his “Battle of the Bed (http://207.44.135.130/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10186&highlight=battle) ”, but this had been put on hold lately, and he seemed to have accepted his place. But just recently, he decided that he had to regain some of his lost territory, and launched a determined attack on Randis’ pillow. (Always his favourite). After a week of manoeuvring, and with Randi putting up brave, determined opposition, the attack was finally repulsed, so now it’s back to the Tortillini between our pillows as before. Much more practical for us, and there is nothing better for me than falling asleep to the sound of contented purring in my ear. Better (and healthier) than any sleeping pill, that’s for sure. :)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid62/p31a0273225f618ed1d0acc335c3700f3/fc1c7cdb.jpg
Of course this is my pillow!

Another obvious advance is his treatment of me when we lie together in the evenings. He has always loved lying across my stomach, and often used to walk delicately across my chest when moving from one side to the other. How times have changed! Nowadays he seems to regard me as a suitable place to go walkabout on, and wanders backwards and forwards across me constantly. And he’s not so delicate anymore! He seems to regard my body about like a cheetah must regard an ant hill or a boulder, just something that happens to be in the way. 7 1/2 kilos of cat stomping around on me can be quite painful, but he gets very miffed and complains if I have the temerity to point that out to him. :mad:

His interest in his old back yard home has also increased considerably. Probably due to his stay among a lot of other cats, and the fact that spring is coming. He still has this habit of suddenly wanting to go out, especially on a Friday or Saturday night, and of course preferably after about 9 o’clock! Randi has been thoughtless enough to let him out twice recently under these circumstances. Once he turned up again at 2.30 in the morning, and the other time at 6.30 in the morning! Not good for our peace of mind, as there are lots of dogs and other potential dangers for him out there. :(

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid62/pdd1852dc1b5fe7a8988d9ea833da6d79/fc1c7cd8.jpg
What’s your problem, this is MY box!

If he’s not allowed to go out, he will sometimes vent his frustration on a big old cardboard box we still have standing in our living room for his entertainment. One day we put two or three extra boxes on top of it, and he spent a large portion of the night frantically trying to get into HIS box, ending up with big boxes lying around all over the place. After that, he will usually take a couple of fast laps of mad galloping around the apartment, then deliver several loud vocal complaints before relaxing and returning to his favourite spot between our pillows.

We’ve certainly come a long way since we first met this nervous, timid little fellow! :D :D :D

john

catland
05-20-2003, 12:38 PM
John - you are such a great story-teller. It's always so much fun to learn about Fister's latest adventures.:)

Cinder & Smoke
05-20-2003, 12:58 PM
Nuffin *STRANGE* here...

aftur all - he's ... a KAT! :cool:

:rolleyes: :D

Kirsten
05-20-2003, 03:30 PM
Ahhh, that was a great read - and nice photos! :) Fister must be sooooo special! :)

Kirsten

momoffuzzyfaces
05-20-2003, 05:23 PM
Ah, Fister of course you are more chatty after your adventures. You want to share all your adventures with your mawmee and daddy and tell all about the other cats you met. Plus you want to make sure they are still there for you and not sneaking off somewhere. I love that your box says 'do not drop' which is as it should say when it contains precious cargo - you! Your paw looks like a lions foot in the picture. Talk about close up! Please keep us informed on you next adventure!:D

krazyaboutkatz
05-21-2003, 12:33 AM
Once again a wonderful story with great pics about an interesting cat. :D

Edwina's Secretary
05-21-2003, 08:57 AM
Absence makes the heart grow fonder......

It sounds like that adage truly applies to Fister!

What a lucky boy he is and how lucky you guys are to enjoy the evolution of a cat!

Cataholic
05-21-2003, 09:21 AM
Fister, you are such a delight to read about! If only I could get a subscription to your many, many tails, I would read it cover to cover, and then some. So tame, yet still so wild. You are the reason I fall in love with cats daily.

Great story-telling, John!

PayItForward
05-21-2003, 10:23 AM
Randi has been thoughtless enough to let him out twice recently under these circumstances. Once he turned up again at 2.30 in the morning, and the other time at 6.30 in the morning!

What about a 4 way cat flap. You could lock it at night, to keep him in. Or if he's already outside, set it to IN ONLY. It would be more peaceful.

Great story with cute pictures. :)

ChrisH
05-21-2003, 11:21 AM
Another great Fister story and pictures. Thanks John!:) :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-21-2003, 12:21 PM
Fister, you are such a delight!

It's been too long since we've had a good Fister story. Thanks John! :D

It's so adorable how he needs constant reassuring after you get back. It's almost as if he's saying "Ok, you guys, I let myself be sucked into this life of luxury and now I don't even want to think of going back to life on the street, so please tell me again that this is my furrever home...for now and for always....and I won't ever have to live out there again."

After a week of manoeuvring, and with Randi putting up brave, determined opposition, the attack was finally repulsed, so now it’s back to the Tortillini between our pillows as before.
Awww...poor Fister. Randi, how can you be so mean and deny poor Fister your entire pillow? ;) :D ;) :D It's so funny how Fister is still the tough guy on the outside- as evidenced by the first photo of his claws - but has that hidden teddy bear demeanor - as evidenced by the third photo of him on John's pillow.

Fister, you'e the best! :D

jonza
05-22-2003, 05:31 AM
Oh no T & P's Mom! That's not my pillow, he's not interested in that, I sleep on a miniature mountain of pillows. It's RANDIS pillow that is always the bone of contention. Here he's looking after it while I have a morning lie-in.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid63/pdf888e9f2eef9d9307c1276f42ac9138/fc1990f3.jpg

… and by the way PayItForward, we live on the first floor (second in the US), so he has to come up the back stairs and in through the kitchen, so cat flaps are out unfortunately.

john

Kona & Oreo's mom
05-22-2003, 09:45 AM
That is a fantastic picture! I love to read your stories. Fister is a sweetheart.

ramanth
05-22-2003, 10:52 AM
hee hee hee! Oh how we love our kittties so. :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-22-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by jonza
It's RANDIS pillow that is always the bone of contention.

Aaaahhh...so Fister is taking advantage of the fact that Randi is not in bed at the time of the pic. ;) :D What a smarty to get the pillow while he can. :D

And that last pic is so cute. Randi's men napping. :D

jonza
05-22-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
So tame, yet still so wild. You are the reason I fall in love with cats daily.

Thank you Cataholic, exactly how I feel too!

john

kimlovescats
05-22-2003, 12:43 PM
Oh Fister, you are quite the lovable guy!!! You better start keep better "hours" though big guy!!! We love ya!;)

ramanth
05-23-2003, 01:14 PM
This comic reminded me of Fister's Tale..... :D

http://muttscomics.com/art/images/daily/050603.gif

;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-23-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
This comic reminded me of Fister's Tale..... :D

Exactly!!! :D :D :D

Randi
05-23-2003, 03:36 PM
LOL! You hit the nail right on the head, Ramanth! :D

Here's an example
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid63/p1300ae721f3e3d47d88adcda1cb2d56d/fc198a0d.jpg