PDA

View Full Version : Juni Rose to arrive 6/7/03

sasvermont
05-20-2003, 09:33 AM
Well, Juni Rose will be picked up by me on June 7th. From what I understand, all four girl kittens are wild and woolly. The breeder said she hasn't seen such goofy, wild kittens in some time. So, I think.......unless there is a major melddown here, I will keep Ti until the kitten comes along. I will see if they are a good fit. If they are, Miley will be fine I hope..... a situation similar to the Gabe/Graemer relationship where they left her alone and just played with each other.

I went to the Vet last night and she urged me to keep Ti a bit longer as he is still a kitten himself. Soooooooooooo....... I still have the ad running and will take names (if anyone calls)...and will still keep the Boston crew at the top of the list!

If you want to see a video of the kitten I will be getting.. go to highgait.com and download the video. It is a riot.

I suspect it will be an active and exciting summer.

SAS

PayItForward
05-20-2003, 09:37 AM
Oh I am so pleased that Ti & Miley & Juni Rose will get a chance to get on as a threesome. :D

Fingers crossed and many prayers, that Juni Rose is the peacemaker we all hope she is. :D

:D :D :D

7th June... We are waiting.

I am going to find the video of her now.

lailamara
05-20-2003, 11:37 AM
Two sets of cat paws and mine crossed. Since you have given them a break from each other....maybe a fresh start !!! Wild and wooly eh..sounds like fun's on the way. My female Maya is the rascal around here. Bodhi just looks at her and her crazy antics and may as well shake his regal head in disbelief. If your female is anything like mine you'll be fine. During the fireworks this weekend she ran to the window to watch and listen. Yikes, even I get jumpy ...but not the brat!! Juni can't come soon enough. I'm off to see the video!!

HayleyRosie
05-20-2003, 12:47 PM
Oh, I can't wait to see pictures. I hope she is a match for Ti and they play together without stressing Miley. Good Luck!

lailamara
05-20-2003, 06:08 PM
I've just spent a delightful 20 minutes looking at all the pictures on the highgate.com site. Some really funny and cute pics of Miley and sweet Grammy. There's even one with my name Laila. Couldn't see the movie , for some reason it wouldn't work only sound no pictures:confused: . Looking at the pictures of the "Kittens of June" I think picture no. 20 looks like a good candidate for a Ti playmate. I'm bookmarking this site cause the pictures are so good. This is a breeder who obviously loves her kitties and spares nothing to give them a good start in life. You chose well SAS.

jenluckenbach
05-20-2003, 06:50 PM
Donna, SAS's kitten is a "replacement" for Graemmer, who the breeder felt badly that he had such week genes. So the breeder does not really benefit from this.

I hope all goes well with the new addition. I'll be staying tuned in for the updates.

moosmom
05-20-2003, 06:59 PM
Jen,

Boy do I feel like @#$%. I deleted my post. I completely forgot about Graemmer. My most humble apologies to Sasvermont. :rolleyes:

kimlovescats
05-20-2003, 07:21 PM
How exciting.... come on JUNE!!!!

sasvermont
05-20-2003, 07:52 PM
I have chosen to go to a breeder for whatever silly reasons I have..... and I have had shelter cats in the past. I prefer to go to a breeder and I know it is a choice.

I have been too good to all creatures in the past, and now as well, to feel badly about making this choice to use a breeder, thus I am not offended. Life is full of choices.

I respect everyone's decision and opinions about shelter pets vs. pets via breeders.

I don't know what else I can say that would explain this better.....

I can't wait to meet Ms. Juni Rose. I better fasten my seatbelt!

SAS

:eek:

lizbud
05-20-2003, 08:07 PM
SAS,

I want to wish you the very best of luck with the three
furkids. How has Miley been acting lately? Do you expect Ti's
behavior to change much when you add Juni Rose to the mix?

sasvermont
05-20-2003, 08:27 PM
Liz, thanks for the good wishes.

I have no idea how it might change Ti. When I spoke with a current and long time Bengal owner over this past weekend, she suggested that Ti is probably lonely. He is just a year and a couple of months old - still kitten like. Maybe he will spend his time chasing the kitten around..... instead of Miley. I know that Graemer and Gabe hit it off and played together....Miley liked being left with me.....I am hoping for the same thing to happen.

It WILL be interesting for sure.

I will need to kitten proof the place again....

:rolleyes:

Pam
05-20-2003, 08:35 PM
SAS I couldn't view the video, but look forward to seeing pictures of Juni Rose when she becomes the newest resident at Camp Vermont. I think the way things are working out it seems you will have all 3 under one roof, at least for a while. Who knows what that mix will do. Do we dare hope that she will work some magic on the dynamic duo that are there now! Fingers crossed for a good transition! Get ready for the sound of things breaking! Remember that? haha! One of Trevor's early accomplishments as a wee widdle boy was to knock a Depressionware candy dish that my mother had given me off a shelf and smash it to smithereens! :D Kittens! Can't have the cuteness without the naughtiness I'm afraid! ;)

PayItForward
05-21-2003, 03:52 AM
Although things were not nearly as bad in our home; owning two cats was very problematic & hard to live with.

Milo was an instant and highly loved peacemaker. ;)

May Juni Rose be equally good, for your household.

PS. I love the video, that is excately how Milly & Milo play but they roll over each other more. LOL

BastetsMum
05-21-2003, 06:32 AM
Sounds like Bastet Sas, she is so much happier being a one person aby. It must be a female aby trait. I thought of getting a new addition to my kitty family but the breeder said it might not be best for Bastet's sanity.So I decided against it. I would rather her happy than miserable.

BTW I made the choice to use a breeder because I simply love Abysinnians and I would like to keep the breed going.

Randi
05-21-2003, 08:47 AM
SAS, I waited until today and thought I could see the video clip on the other machine, but no. :(

It's so exiting, I know you can hardly wait. :eek: Hope they'll all get along better with Juni Rose arriving! :)

Please keep us updated.

PayItForward
05-21-2003, 09:55 AM
Mary....

Please be respectful of other peoples' opinions.

saying things like........

. but I could never look at a cat at the shelter then say oh sorry , you can be put down so I can have a special, breeder cat!

...Is both inaccurate and argumentative.

It is a personal decision whether to adopt from a breeder or shelter. No one should be criticised for chosing either option.

Lets stick to the old adage. If you can't say anything nice..... :D
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

SAS....
I'm still waiting. Isn't it the 7th of June, yet.

sasvermont
05-21-2003, 10:12 AM
I think you (everyone) needs to have the correct software to view the clip. I cannot view it on my computer at work because I do not have a sound card....but I can at home.

You may want to download the correct software and maybe that will help...maybe not. In any case, the video is a riot. I will have my work cut out for me.

My hope is that Ti and Juni will roll all over the place, playing and keeping each other company. Miley will be my buddy, as was before......

I have been thinking of ways of re-introducing Miley and Ti and they all seem to revolve around a large container, with one cat inside it....safe from the other.....just can't decided which cat should be inside.....I guess I will hold off until Juni arrives.

I just cannot wait.

I bet she is going to be a real fire cracker to say the least! She will have her work cut out for her. Between Ms. picklepuss Miley and Mr. Monster Ti.....she will be exhausted.....but kittens have unlimited amount of energy.

Wish me luck!

Of course there will be pictures etc.

SAS;)

PayItForward
05-21-2003, 10:17 AM
Yeah, Pictures.

So what is the plan. Are you going to introduce Juni Rose to Ti first ?

HayleyRosie
05-21-2003, 10:42 AM
You have a picture of Juni Rose in your signature. I love it! I can't wait to see more pictures.

sasvermont
05-21-2003, 10:56 AM
Well, I suspect I will introduce Ti to the kitten first......he will be thrilled, assuming the kitten will engage him in play. From the looks of the movie clip, that won't be a problem. My only real concern is that Ti will out weigh the kitten. Maybe I will let the claws on the kitten grow long.....and give it a gun and ammo JUST INCASE Ti gets a bit rough.

I am going to play it by ear.

Miley will probably not be happy with a kitten.....but at least the kitten is not huge like Ti.

Wish me luck!

Russian Blue
05-21-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by sasvermont
Well, Juni Rose will be picked up by me on June 7th. From what I understand, all four girl kittens are wild and woolly.

I suspect it will be an active and exciting summer.

SAS

Wow, June 7th is Nakita's birthday!! It's a great day all around!

;)

I think you will have an excellent summer. I'm really excited for you and the new addition! Enjoy!!

:D

ChrisH
05-21-2003, 11:11 AM
SAS, just want to wish you the very best of luck with the new kitten Juni - just been looking at the video, it`s great!:)
Prayers, best wishes and all fingers and paws crossed that Juni`s arrival will turn out great for all, the three kitties and you.:)

Chris

(won`t be long now!!:D )

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-21-2003, 11:19 AM
I have the Windows Media Viewer and the video is adorable! Randi, you have an Apple computer don't you? Apple's normally use Quicktime as a video viewer, but I'm sure you can download the WMV from the link and see the video. It's well worth the download wait time. :D

It is a longer video, so even with my DSL it took about a minute to load, so if anyone with dial-up is trying to view this, it will really take quite some time - so be patient. Also, you can do other things on the computer while it downloads.

SAS! I'm so excited that June time is getting closer and closer! If Juni is the kitten on top in this video, Ti better watch out! ;) :D He is so big, and these kittens are so small that the weight thing would be an issue, except these kittens are sooo fast! The kitten could attack Ti, have her way with him and be gone before he even knew what hit him! :D :D

Yes, it will definitely be an interesting summer for SAS. And Ti and Miley also. I'm glad you've decided to keep Ti unti Juni arrives. I really think that she will keep him so busy that he won't have time to even look at Miley. ;) :) :D

Randi
05-21-2003, 11:47 AM
Thanks! I do have Windows Media Player, have seen other clips before, but perhaps it's because I don't have a sound card. :eek:
We tried today on the Mac (G4, system 9) there's both Quick Time, Real Player and Windows Media Player - but still no luck. :(

Well, I get to see it somehow soon! :D

Vermontcat
05-21-2003, 03:14 PM
Sas, I am so excited for you to get Juni Rose! Good luck and I hope the introductions go well!:D
I wish I could come up and see the cats but I will be travelling out of state that weekend and probably won't have any free time until the middle of June.:(
Do you want me to still look around for a new home for Ti down my way or would you rather wait and see how he does with Juni?
I checked out the website and I loved the kitten video and the great photos of Miley and Graemer that were there too.:)

One more thing about shelter cats vs breeder cats, I think it would be hard to find an Aby cat in the shelters around here,
the only shelter Aby cat I have heard of is the one that Noah's Mommy adopted in California!

Edwina's Secretary
05-21-2003, 03:35 PM
Watched the video....those could be kangaroos with those wicked back legs....TiTi may have his work cut out for him!

So exciting!

wolf_Q
05-21-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Russian Blue
Wow, June 7th is Nakita's birthday!! It's a great day all around!

Hey, it's *my* birthday too! :D

Congrats SAS, I hope the new addition fits in well, and maybe things will work out with Ti afterall!

p.s. Mary, I'm not trying to be rude, but I think YOU should mind your own business.....I don't think its appropriate to be posting something like that in this thread. This thread is to celebrate SAS's new kitten, not to condemn those who choose to get their pets from breeders...post it in another thread, please.

wolf_Q
05-22-2003, 12:54 AM
Never said there was anything inaccurate about it. And yes, I *did* read your posts. And I never said I didn't like your opinion, or that your opinion was wrong.

I, personally, just find the way you posted it quite rude. My opinion.

wolf_Q
05-22-2003, 01:04 AM
:rolleyes:

marysmerrycats
05-22-2003, 01:11 AM
Sas, wolfQ and payitforward....

ok, you know, you're right. this is a thread to celebrate the new kitten... I do still feel that way about the breeders, but I should not have posted it here. sas, I am happy for you, after the terrible loss, I hope this kitty works out for you, really.

wolfQ and payitforward, like I said, I still feel the same way, but I am sorry we argued. I am going to delete my posts, and I don't know if you want to or not, whatever...

marysmerrycats
05-22-2003, 01:37 AM
sas
I am happy for you, and wish you all the best with Juni Rose!
I was very sad for you last year when you had such terrible losses of your sweet cats, and now this is a happy occasion for you sorry I didn't mean to spoil it., good luck with the new kitten. I hope the other cats in your house like her.

popcornbird
05-22-2003, 01:59 AM
I wish you the best of luck with your new kitty and hope everything goes smoothly when she comes home. :) Good luch!

PayItForward
05-22-2003, 05:34 AM
good luck with the new kitten. I hope the other cats in your house like her.
I totally agree.

Hopeing Juni Rose is up for a challenge.

PS. Mary I have PM'd you. :)

Vio&Juni
05-22-2003, 07:02 AM
Sas, I am so happy for you!!! I hope Juni Rose will keep busy Ti.

I am waiting now for the video to download.

Randy_K
05-22-2003, 07:31 PM
Funny thing about Abys. Most of them are the most gregarious and friendly cats you'll ever meet. They even quickly accept another cat into the household.

Then there is the one who thinks he or she is (or should be) the only cat on the planet. Squid would bite people who smelled of other cats and was *really* possessive of his humans. While riding in the car he would hiss at dogs in adjacent cars - yes, he rode in the car somewhat like a dog looking out the side windows (front paws on the arm rest) or cat loafed in the rear window.

Mango fits in the first group. He's a happy little cat who just loves everybody (except perhaps dogs) and has never had a cross moment in his life.

marysmerrycats
05-22-2003, 07:43 PM
popcornbird
your new sig pic is beautiful! I love the pic AND the words!

slick
05-23-2003, 05:38 PM
Wow I can't believe I missed this thread. Must be spending too much time in the Dog House.

I just loved the video......and can't wait to see more pics. Is is June yet??

Cataholic
06-06-2003, 08:50 PM
Is it tomorrow yet? I cannot wait for this new baby kitty.....and for the love I know she is going to spread at Camp Vermont!