PDA

View Full Version : dog food

puppygrrl4eva7
05-19-2003, 08:56 PM
what kind of dog food does your dog eat? I don't think Ringo likes his Iams b cuz when I take him out 2 potty he starts eating the cat food and it just seems like he doesn't like it. Ithink it mite b time 4 a change.:D

Cincy'sMom
05-19-2003, 09:29 PM
There have been several threads here about various food. This is one of the most recent...Dry Food (http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?threadid=24623&highlight=Dry+Dog+Food) If you do a search I'm sure you can find some more of them!

GoldenRetrLuver
05-19-2003, 09:30 PM
Daisy and Molly eat Nutro, Large Breed Adult (in the blue bag) they seem to like it!:)

wolf_Q
05-19-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
Daisy and Molly eat Nutro, Large Breed Adult (in the blue bag) they seem to like it!:)

Just started Nebo on the same stuff...he seems to like it so far. :)

binka_nugget
05-20-2003, 01:13 AM
Kai's been through a few foods. His breeder gave him eukanuba maintanence w/a very small amount of kibbles and bits. When I realized that mainanence was an adult formula, I immediately went to buy eukanuba small breed formula. My mom and I were debating over small breed or medium...we decided medium. So..he went to eukanuba puppy medium breed...now he's having mainly the eukanuba..but ocassionally gets some raw food that I bought..to see if he liked it. And also, I try to add something once in a while. He's a picky eater, so I tend to put carrots that have been in the blender...some wet dog food..kibbles and bits...even a bit of gravy once in a while. I also just bought him a trial size of wellness super5mix...he likes it..but isn't crazy about it. Once he's done eukanuba, he'll be fed only the raw diet.

lv4dogs
05-20-2003, 09:19 AM
2 of my dogs eat nutro natural large breed in the blue bag & the other eats nutro natural large breed senior in the red bag & they all love it!

JGuitaristR
05-20-2003, 10:28 AM
Iams dry food and Pedigree canned food, chicken only.

Zero
05-20-2003, 10:51 AM
my dog eats kibbles and bits.

slleipnir
05-20-2003, 02:25 PM
Mine eat "Alpo" or something like that lol..

mpoier
05-20-2003, 05:31 PM
My dog likes Eukanuba large breed with some Alpo mixed in, can you say "picky"? LOL

AngelZoo
05-20-2003, 09:03 PM
In my opinion, these are some of the best foods out there! I will not feed or buy Iam's/Eukanuba products because of the horrible chemical animal testing they do, and their iam's food are not all that great, you pay way to much for both foods, and there are many other foods better out there then both.

Foods:
Artemis
Azmira
Canidae
Chicken Soup for the Dog Lovers Soul
Evolve
Breeders Choice Health Food
Holistic Blend
Natural Balance
Natures Variety
Pinnacle
Royal Canin
Sensible Choice
Solid Gold
Show Bound
TimberWolf Organics
Wellness
Wysong

The Cat Factory
05-20-2003, 09:52 PM
My dog eates Dog Chow...he's very picky and doesn't really like high quality foods, except Authority. I'll probably switch him to that as soon as his bag of food runs out...

AngelZoo
05-21-2003, 09:23 AM
The Cat Factory: Isn't that just a pain??
My last foster, not only was he picky, but also had food allergies. To what, I'm not totally sure. I tried other foods in various formula's but they never went over well.

But the only one that didn't make him throw up was Old Roy Lamb and Rice, isn't that just a kick in the pants? :) ;)

wolfsoul
05-21-2003, 10:04 AM
L\Timber eats home-cooked meals. Leather eats Pets 1st senior/weight control formula.

mpoier
05-21-2003, 10:08 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by AngelZoo
I will not feed or buy Iam's/Eukanuba products because of the horrible chemical animal testing they do

I have never heard of them doing horrible testing/treatment to animals, do you have a website/info on this so I can read this? If this is the case, I'm going to switch foods for sure.

Thanks,
M

AngelZoo
05-21-2003, 10:35 AM
mpoier: Here you go.

http://www.iamskills.com/index.shtml

http://www.pandgkills.com/IAMS/

http://www.peta.org/feat/iams/

mpoier
05-21-2003, 11:17 AM
Thank you!

GSDgurl
05-21-2003, 01:51 PM
Alex n' Asia use to eat Dog Chow but we a currently switching it to Pro Plan Large Breed...they love it~!:)

halter91
05-22-2003, 07:11 AM
I feed Maximus Sceince Diet. I used to Mix it with canned Alpo but he wouldn't eat it in the morning, he wanted Alpo mixed all the time. :D

cloverfdx
05-22-2003, 09:40 AM
our small dogs eat cooked beef, chicken minch with vegie's n rice/ or pasta, and my dog (supermarket brand) dry dog food

clover eats anything but her diet is a farrels or box 2x4 biscuit in the morning and tinned pedigree food in the evening, or a kong filled with purina proplan adult / or puppy food in the morning instead of the biscuit because the biscuits seem to be wearing her teeth down:(

all get good'Os (moist meaty rings) for training and treats and pedigree denta bone, raw hide's , marrow bone's etc

and i have just cooked up some chicken liver to try clover on for obedience training (more obedience bribury):D

Dogz
06-06-2003, 10:48 PM
Well, our vet really reccomends Science Diet. I feed Prince Science Diet Puppy, and I feed Digger, Chubby, and Otis, Science Diet Adult.

binka_nugget
06-07-2003, 12:23 AM
well...kai's been on a the barf diet for almost a week now..I thought I'd post here since it's a food's thread. He's doing very well on it. I think I just might stick to this diet. I've taught him to stay in his crate while eating so bacteria around the house isn't an issue. He's had beef, chicken, buffalo, some sardines (for omega 3 or..is it 9? oils...), a few eggs, some liver, raw chicken bones and some veggies...boy..he loves his diet.

Tonya
06-07-2003, 12:44 AM
Roxy and Dusty eat Costco Lamb and Rice. Ron and Raven eat Costco kitty food. Teddy eats Nutro for puppies. The dogs get people leftovers (if it's something ok for dogs). Roxy and Dusty also get apples as a treat once a day.

tikeyas_mom
06-08-2003, 05:15 PM
Iams is the only kind Tikeya will eat.

WWFanz
06-10-2003, 03:20 PM
My dogs will eat any food you put infront of them. But we have to get the low fat kind because my one dog is overweight, because he used to get tablescraps before his brother came around.