PDA

View Full Version : Big Emergency Will Be But To Sleep Soon!!!

hey_hey_sup
05-19-2003, 05:45 PM
The dog shelter down here is in urgent need of food!!! They are scraping to the bottom of the barrels and ar having to put to sleep more animals since they do not have any dog food!!! Any food is greatly accepted! If you are interested in getting some dog food together to help these animals then please post on here!

Note: There are over 30 animals in this shelter!

hey_hey_sup
05-19-2003, 06:01 PM
This is no joke cant anyone help I want to come up with at least enought to get 100 lbs of dog food. Also money donations are acceptable too! I am one of the people that helps witht he shelter so if you have any questions then please just post them!

tatsxxx11
05-19-2003, 06:13 PM
You didn't give the name of the shelter or where it is!! And your location isn't given under your name. Let us know so people can help!

hey_hey_sup
05-19-2003, 06:58 PM
The location is in Ohio...Just e-mail me if you are going to donate and then I will give you all of the rest of the info you need:)

Cincy'sMom
05-19-2003, 07:39 PM
I guess I don't understand if you want to help these animals why your can't post what shelter it is here. I also live in Ohio and would be interesting in donating, but I think you will get the most responses if you just post the info...or if you don't want to email or PM it to me, and I'll do it.

Aspen and Misty
05-19-2003, 08:19 PM
We would be more then willing to donate. We have a ton of pupy food sitting around and canned dog food thats just sitting in our closet.Just a suggestions, Maybe the Shelter shoudl start tranfering there dogs to other shelters or finding foster homes. Me and my father would love to foster a dog. Or they could even transport some dogs downs here to PA, our shelter is never full and has dogs there who have been there for over 5 months. I know when shelters around here get to many dogs they send them to other shelters, not put them down.

Well anyway :rolleyes: give me the info and I woudl lvoe to send food.

Ash

Karen
05-19-2003, 09:12 PM
You NEED to be specific, or people cannot help. Shelter name, city and a phone number would be helpful.

hey_hey_sup
05-20-2003, 07:28 PM
Umm ok, the name of the shelter is Ohio County Animal Shelter. It is not in ohio(the state) but ohio the county in indiana.We also need kitty litter. (812) 438-9220 That is the phone #. Also there is a lot of other humane societies around here that need volunteers and major donations! One of them had to shut down 3 times last month It is just so hard because there is not enough volunteers and too many pets!...If you would like you can just post here if u want my addy and then u can send it to me and I will take it all over there at one time.

lizbud
05-20-2003, 07:47 PM
Is this the Shelter you are talking about?

http://www.sisaveapet.com/shelter_ohio_county.htm

Why can't we donate directly to the shelter? Thank you for
telling everyone about this small shelter.It does sound pretty
desparate there. Thank you for caring.

hey_hey_sup
05-20-2003, 08:03 PM
ya u can donate directly to the shelter to but i was just saying that you could sned it to me if you want cause im taking some up there too!
And ya that is the shelter....Oh by the way I have been working on getting all of those dogs in rescues!!

Uabassoon
05-20-2003, 09:03 PM
I looked at the website that lizbud supplied and here is the mailing address for the shelter.

Ohio County Animal Shelter
1414 Fairgrounds Rd
Rising Sun, IN 47040

hey_hey_sup
05-20-2003, 10:05 PM
Thank you guys sooo much this year all year long i am going to be helping the shelters around here out with volunteering(yay i get to clean up dog poo J/K)fundraising and getting donations...

lute
05-21-2003, 10:19 AM
hey_hey_sup ,
i wish i could help. i live inly about 3 hours away.yer on the other side of the state.poor doggies:(
it good that we have all the people here that give money to the shelter. even though you are far away.:D
maybe the reason they are hurting is the adoption fee for cats is $3 and dogs are $10.

hey_hey_sup
05-24-2003, 08:54 PM
Please post here if you donated and if u did then put how many lbs u donted and i will try and get something special together for you!

Aspen and Misty
05-24-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by lute
maybe the reason they are hurting is the adoption fee for cats is $3 and dogs are $10.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Our shelter charges I think 40 for cats and 100 or so for dogs, of course this is an adoption fee.

Ash

lizbud
05-27-2003, 03:53 PM
I also wondered about the minimal adoption fee amounts,
so I e-mailed the Shelter. Here's the explanation for the low
fees.

"Hello. Thank you for your concern. The fees are set by the County that owns the shelter. We (shelter employees and volunteers) have no say in the fees. Our shelter is very small....only 10 dog runs, 9 cat cages, and 3 wire crates which we use for cats and puppies. Actually our dog adoption fees only used to be $5.00 but the previous dog warden was able to talk them into raising it.
Again thank you for your concern. "

Britni Walker
Ohio County Animal Shelter
www.ohiocounty.petfinder.org
(812) 438-9220
[email protected]

This county Shelter is right on the Indiana/Ohio border. A very rural area.

Johny
05-28-2003, 06:09 PM
They should neuter or spay these dogs,this is the humane way to decrease overpopulation of cats and dogs.In my country there are shelters too,and almost all of them are overloaded.
You should speak about neutering and spaying of dogs and cats

hey_hey_sup
05-29-2003, 02:48 AM
Ya i know this is a bad rate but all i can do right now is donate do food and stuff...On top of that the shelter is crowded....
There are more than 10 dogs and way more than 9 cats in that shelter...I e-mailed them and asked the e-mail i could get in contact with for the county....They have not replied yet...