PDA

View Full Version : Possible New Addition to Our Family

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-06-2001, 06:09 AM
After I got off work yesterday, I went to the Humane Society shelter where I volunteer a couple of hours a week. Animal control had brought in three GSDs on Sunday and so they are up for adoption today. Well, these dogs are so beautiful and sweet. Their owner just had a baby and said that she didn't want the dogs to hurt the baby. Makes no sence to me since she said they are very friendly, which indeed they are.

Anyhow, I fell in love yesterday. The 2 year old female GSD stole my heart! We have been wanting a female GSD for quite a while, but were waiting till Drake got a bit older and less hyper so that I can handle 2 dogs (Andrew will be stationed in Alabama for a year for flight training and I will not be going with him).

As you already know, we have been seeing a trainer to help with our problem with Drake and his jealousy of other dogs we play with. I was on the phone for 3 hours last night with our trainer. He said he thought it was a good idea for Drake to have a sister and was giving us pointers to help if they don't get along.

i made arrangements with the shelter to pick Lili up today at 3:30. The deal is that I will foster her for a few days to see how they get along. If all works well (God, I hope they do), on Saturday, I will go and fill out the papers and adopt her!

Andrew and I are both so excited. I hope Drake will be OK with this. If they do not get along, I will have to take Lili back to the shelter :(

I am sure you will be hearing me cry out for help in the next couple of days! So be ready!

Gio
09-06-2001, 06:12 AM
I'm so excited for you and I will be keeping my fingers crossed.

Dixieland Dancer
09-06-2001, 07:49 AM
We will be praying for you to have a successful union between Drake and Lilli! Tell Drake it will be to his advantage to have a playmate around all the time. Best of Luck! :)

Snowy's Mommy
09-06-2001, 09:45 AM
Souraya,

I am sure Drake will get along with your new sweetie!

It may take a bit of time, but they can be playmates.

I am wishing you, Andrew and furbabies Good Luck!!

Jordan

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-06-2001, 09:54 AM
Thanks, everyone. It is 10:55 right now and I am counting down the minutes till it is 2:30 and I can go home and get Lilli some stuff and go pick her up. I know a watched kettle never boils, but I am having a hard time keeping my eyes off the clock!

The excitement is killing me!

AdoreMyDogs
09-06-2001, 11:26 AM
Oh my gosh...my dream breed...GSD's!!! What a wonderful thing to read. Enjoy your new Lili and please remember to snap photos. My prayers for a happy addition.

09-06-2001, 11:35 AM
I hope it works out for you! I know exactly how excited you are! I am keeping all fingers, toes and paws crossed for you and Lilli and Drake!!! :D!

jackiesdaisy1935
09-06-2001, 03:09 PM
Oh Souraya I am so excited for you, I can't wait to hear how they get along. We will all keep our paws and fingers crossed that they love each other. Oh I hope this works out :)
Jackie

zippy-kat
09-06-2001, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Souraya:
<STRONG>I know a watched kettle never boils, but I am having a hard time keeping my eyes off the clock!

The excitement is killing me!</STRONG>

The time at work past SO SLOWLY!!! Now I know I was having sympathy pains!! LOL :D

Good luck!!

Daisy's Mom
09-06-2001, 06:53 PM
What great news! I hope everything works out great. I love Lilli's name. Let us know how everything goes!

delidog
09-06-2001, 09:46 PM
this is wonderful news!!!!!!!! i hope the adoption works out!!!!!gsds' usually work well with other dogs!!!! we have all of our paws crossed for you and we will say a happy adoption prayer tonight for you....that would be to st.francis of assisi...deli dog ;)

*LabLoverKEB*
09-06-2001, 10:58 PM
I'm so happy for you! You are sooo lucky! I'm sure all will work out with Lilli and Drake! We will keep all fingers, toes, tails, paws, and fins crossed for you! Good Luck!

Logan
09-07-2001, 07:02 AM
I have my "Lilly" and you will now have your "Lilli". I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, hope that you find your Lilli to be as loving and wonderful as mine is. Let us know as soon as you do! :)

aly
09-07-2001, 03:43 PM
I'm drooling here! A female GSD! Ohhh I want one SO BAD! I wish you ALL the luck in the world. I pray it will work out for you and Drake. If it doesn't, know you tried your hardest and its not your fault. I am sure it will work out just great though! I am SO excited for you! I'm going to check other topics now to see if you posted anything about your sweet Lili.