PDA

View Full Version : I get to meet a PT member!!

Catsnclay
05-18-2003, 11:41 PM
About a month ago K & L posted some pictures of my clay pieces to all of you. Barbara saw them, was interested and inquired about them. She also mentioned that she was comming to the USA and Arizona. She said that she would contact me when she got here. Well, I just got a e-mail from her and they are in Scottsdale, which is very close to where I live. I gave her my phone number and later she called............we are going to get together on Tuesday afternoon :) I can't wait!!

She sounds like a really nice person (:D ) and we will have a lot to talk about. Fluffy, Lucky & Yoshi are always up to meeting new and interesting people. Now if we can convince K & L to join us....................

BTW I just learned that her birthday was a few days ago, Shhhhh..... if someone out there that knows Barbara, and knows what her favorite kind of cake is, we just might surprise her with a belated birthday cake. Anyone??????

zippy-kat
05-18-2003, 11:46 PM
Ohhh how cool! Hope you guys all have fun!

krazyaboutkatz
05-18-2003, 11:52 PM
That's great news. I hope you have a lot of fun. :D

wolf_Q
05-18-2003, 11:57 PM
Awwwwww lucky you!! :D I hope you guys have fun! Do either of you have a digital camera? We'd love to see pics!

When is it *my* turn to meet a pet talk member? *pouts* :(

zippy-kat
05-19-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
When is it *my* turn to meet a pet talk member? *pouts* :(

DITTO!!!! lol

Karen
05-19-2003, 06:38 AM
I know she likes Uncle Mac's Banana bread - she's made that a couple times that she mentioned ... it's not quite cake, but it does have that Pet Talk connection ... see the Recipe Thread ... here (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16188&perpage=15&pagenumber=15)

jenluckenbach
05-19-2003, 07:24 AM
How cool!:cool: :cool:
I want to come to Arizona TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ;) :D

K & L
05-19-2003, 10:31 AM
I want to meet people also. I told Marysmerry cats (who lives in Tucson) to let us know if she's ever in Phoenix! I think it would be fun to be able to connect faces with posts, and to share stories! If anyone is ever in AZ, be sure to look us up!

Randi
05-19-2003, 10:45 AM
Catsnclay, you can't go wrong with that birthday cake! :D

Have fun and check in here when you can! Pics would be great!! ;)

Edwina's Secretary
05-19-2003, 11:31 AM
How lucky you are to meet up with Barbara! Have fun!

Logan
05-19-2003, 12:16 PM
Very few of us will ever have the opportunity to meet our friends in the US and Canada, let alone one of our international friends!!! I'm so excited for you all!!! Please take some pictures to share with us.

I've had the pleasure of meeting three Pet Talk friends, in person, including Souraya (Doggies are the Best), Sandra (Tatsxxx11) and Karen (the Mayor, Karen). I'd love to meet more of you one day!!!! :)

marysmerrycats
05-19-2003, 01:03 PM
K&L
and catsnclay, I will come to Phoenix sometime this year,so we can meet!! and Jen, come to AZ!

:) :) :)

bluekat
05-19-2003, 01:22 PM
Hope you and Barbar have lots of fun! She'll love her cake!

K & L
05-19-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by marysmerrycats
K&L
and catsnclay, I will come to Phoenix sometime this year,so we can meet!! and Jen, come to AZ!

Oh Good!!! We'll have to plan a get together when you do!!! You can go with us to feed the feral colonies, it will be fun!

marysmerrycats
05-19-2003, 02:32 PM
go with us to feed the feral colonies, it will be fun!
omg, really? now I can't wait, even more!
I am in the middle of planning my moms 70th bday, and a ca family reunion, and to meet amber lee and kak,and maybe a couple others, so let me get that planned over this following week, then we can plan when to meet. it will be no big deal to go to phoenix, but I still want to get this done first ok? I don't have to wait til sept. I can go anytime, even in a couple weeks, so, let me know when YOU 2 can do this, my schedule is open.

oh, to meet other pt'ers...and do the the feral cat thing, how exciting!

K & L
05-19-2003, 02:39 PM
We're available most any time. We feed everyday so anytime that will work for you we can arrange around it. We'll have to get Catsnclay's input on their schedule. This will be fun. I'm looking forward to it. We'll take you to the park and you can meet the cats, see the peacocks, chickens, rabbits etc. We feed at dusk so will this work for you? We can meet earlier...but feeding needs to be a dusk when the ferals start coming out and the other animals are going in for the night!

Russian Blue
05-19-2003, 03:03 PM
Your so lucky to get a chance to meet Barbara! I'm so jealous!! Wish her belated birthday wishes from me and Nakita!!

;)

jenluckenbach
05-19-2003, 03:10 PM
K&L

Actually, Tuscan is one of the few places that I have visited. And I would LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!to see it again.

Cataholic
05-19-2003, 03:12 PM
I think Barbara would love German Sweet Chocolate Cake, I know I sure do!!!

AND, my sister is moving to Scottsdale in about 6 weeks:( But then I can come visit her and see PT people!!!

marysmerrycats
05-19-2003, 04:36 PM
well I never heard about Barbara coming to az til now...?

Miss Meow
05-19-2003, 05:40 PM
Hope you both have a great time! And remember, pics, pics, pics :)

marysmerrycats
05-19-2003, 09:32 PM
so, Jen, can you come to Az?:)

Catsnclay
05-20-2003, 01:15 PM
Whoa.........is this what happens when you don't get on your computer for a day??! :)

Well, today is the "big" day......running around like a mad woman cleaning the house for Barbara. You know I gotta get those paw prints off of everything!! :)

Both of those cakes sound yummy........and being a desert person....:D

Yes, we will take plenty of pictures.

And for all thoses out there, an "open" invite to Phoenix anytime!! BUT........beware it gets really, really hot in the summer here. (average temp in the summer 105 - 110 degrees) and our "summer" is from May to September. :cool: :rolleyes: :eek:

marysmerrycats
05-20-2003, 04:14 PM
I wish I had known barbara was coming ot az earlier....
catcnclay, dusk is fine with me! talk to you later, I will pm you about it.

K & L
05-20-2003, 09:07 PM
I wish I had known barbara was coming ot az earlier....
catcnclay, dusk is fine with me! talk to you later, I will pm you about it.

Let's plan on a couple hours meet at least. You can come over, meet our cats, we can have dinner here or out somewhere (our treat) and then we can go to the park to feed! I'm really looking forward to this.

marysmerrycats
05-20-2003, 09:44 PM
I'm really looking forward to this.

so am I , very much!:D :) :cool:
and if you can ever come to Tucson, let me know... I don't know of any feral cats to feed, but we can plan something fun!