PDA

View Full Version : just wondering is it bad if you sometimes forget one of .........

Whitetigerz07
05-18-2003, 10:50 PM
hey ylal i was just hinkin about my pets and i was remembering all my pets that have died and i remembered that i forgert about them sometimes when i have my other animals do you think its bad to forget your old pets sometimes i mena dont get me wrong i loved them to death *no pun intended* they were "my" kitties not my moms or my grandmothers but mine but do you think its bad becasue i do sometimes feel that ive replaced them in a way and i dont like to feel that way but it happeneds do any of yall have that happen to you ?? :confused:

IttyBittyKitty
05-19-2003, 05:43 AM
Welcome to PT! Don't feel bad that you don't think about your Rainbow Bridge pets everyday - I am sure they are happy now, and that you gave them a good life. Whilst it is good to remember the pets that you lost, it is important to focus on the ones that remain and give them as much love and cuddles as you can :)

PayItForward
05-19-2003, 10:42 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk :D

There is nothing wrong with moving on with your life, grief does lessen with time.

We have to love and care for people & pets who are still in this world first, then we can use our remaining time & energy thinking of those who have left us.

In fact your post started me thinking of the animals, my family have owned and lost over the years, see the below list.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In memory of our family RB pets

Lindy (Belinda)
Calico Kitty, PTS at 16 years due to kidney/liver failure.

Amber
Mutt dog, PTS at 8 years due to cancer.

Bonnie
My bun-bun, Fell asleep as I stroked her, died of old age.

Lucky
G-Pig, Died of old age.

Several hamsters (owned by siblings)
Died of various things, mainly old age.

Many fitches & canaries & quail (owned by Father)
died of various things, mainly old age.

RIP dear pets.
I'll see you again on Rainbow Bridge, it will be a wonderful & crowded reunion
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whitetigerz07
05-19-2003, 03:20 PM
yea i have had alot to leave here is a list of mine

Tigger- rusty short haired wennie dog
died of sumthin inside

Velvet- black long hair cat
died for illness shall not tell details

Scamper-siamesse
old age

Skittles-well grey black stripes with white
she fell of a roof

and some others thar i cant remember very well

PayItForward
05-19-2003, 04:04 PM
RIP Tigger, Velvet, Scamper, Skittles and others. May you be reunited with Whitetigerz07 in due time on the rainbow bridge.

Do you currently have any pets ?

carole
05-19-2003, 09:26 PM
Its funny u should mention this, because i was feeling real guilty the other day coz since i have had Lexie, i dont think about Sooti as much, but i know that was the grieving process i had to go through, and when he died, i never thought of anything else every day, i cried, and although it was healthy for me to get my grief out , it was not healthy for me to think of nothing else, it seemed nothing else mattered anymore, i was finding myself getting so down, now once Lexie arrived it all went away, the pain i mean, does not mean i have forgotten my lil boy, and i never will, just means i have moved on for the better.

Whitetigerz07
05-20-2003, 03:49 PM
yes i have animals righ tnow i have umm gizmo, patina, fuzz, sister, brother, bluebell, loudmouth, yellow kitty, boots, betty, and pup (pup is the dog )

rbrowne222
05-23-2003, 09:55 PM
Tiger, bless your heart. Every animal I've ever owned is so totally special in its own way...but I can't say I remember the exact way some of them came into my life or the way they left it. But Tiger, you're young...please remember this...the important thing to remember about your animals is (this is HUGE...listen up) the lessons you have learned from them, the love that you got from them, and the sweetness they brought into your life.