PDA

View Full Version : How do you think this book would sell

mugsy
05-18-2003, 09:13 PM
Hey all, I helped a friend of mine type up the book that she wrote and it's being published and the goal is to get it out before Christmas. It's about a Jewish Polish family torn apart by the Holocaust. It's short, but very powerful. Does that sound like a book that you guys would be interested in reading?

KYS
05-18-2003, 09:29 PM
Not shure if I would read it, only because
I hate sad stories.
But Yes, it sounds like it would be a very
interesting story, and would probably end up being made into a tear jerker movie.

I hope you are in the credits in her book. :)
And congratulations to you and your friend for having
the book published.

Soledad
05-18-2003, 09:40 PM
I guess it would have to have some sort of angle to it. I've read so many Holocaust stories and seen so many related movies, that I find the subject a bit overdone if there isn't some new dimension to it.

I haven't seen it yet, but apparently the movie The Pianist is a really amazing take on the Holocaust.

mugsy
05-18-2003, 09:49 PM
It's like a personal account. It alternates between the lives of the mother and daughter and has one part of what happens to the father. I also think the there are an awful lot of things done on the Holocaust (although I think it's kind of tough to over do such a horrific part of history), but this one is somehow different. I felt like I was a part of what was happening in their lives as I typed it. And it was a darn good thing I was typing it at school while my student teacher was there or I would have been a mess! lol

iceyshiver21
05-18-2003, 09:51 PM
YES!! Sounds like alot of the books I read!!

Karen
05-18-2003, 09:51 PM
Who's publishing it? Distribution has a lot to do with how a book sells ...

I'd read it - but I read lotsa stuff!

primabella
05-18-2003, 09:55 PM
Well we're watching the "Hitler" move on TV now. The Holocaust has always been something that has interested me so yes, I would probably read it if I could.

mugsy
05-18-2003, 09:57 PM
It's being published by a publishing house in Bloomington, IN. It's just a little thing, but it packs a powerful punch.

Kfamr
05-18-2003, 10:12 PM
I'm sure it would be a great book for teachers to use and read while teaching about the Holocaust. I personally loved learning about the holocaust, we went to the Holocaust Mesuem down here in St Pete too. It was sad but very interesting

iceyshiver21
05-18-2003, 10:15 PM
we had a holocast survior come in and tell us the horrible stories through her eyes when she was 6. One out of the only two that survived from her town. The other died of old age a few years back.

Kfamr
05-18-2003, 10:22 PM
Yeah we got to talk to a survivor at the mesuem....
Also, we all drew pictures to paint on a tile to go into the musuem.... Only one person could do the tile but we all made drawings, we voted on the drawings and mine won... so i got to paint the tile with my drawing which is now in the mesuem :) The tile sorta looked like this, but much more detailed and colorful lol

Crikit
05-18-2003, 10:40 PM
Well for me it all depends on the writing if it's well written and it draws me in then yeah I would read it...that is if it get published in Canada. Some books don't get picked up for Canadian rights and can't be sold here. As for would people buy it? Well yeah people would buy it if it interested them, and there's bound to be some people out there who would want to buy it.

RubyMutt
05-18-2003, 11:51 PM
I know I'd be extemely interested in reading it! Some of my favorite books are based on the Holocaust. Will it be for sale on the west coast??

marysmerrycats
05-18-2003, 11:52 PM
yes I would read it, sounds interesting.

mugsy
05-19-2003, 01:52 AM
I can check to see if it will be for sale on the west coast. I guess she gets a webpage, so it may be available there. If not and it doesn't get there I've got connections!! lol I'll bet she'd send you a copy. I don't know what the sale price will be yet.

IttyBittyKitty
05-19-2003, 06:08 AM
I am totally fascinated by that era of history ... my grandmother and her young brother were separated from the rest of the family who were taken from Poland to Germany. They walked from Poland to Germany and were re-united after the war. My grandmother, along the way, was attacked and raped by the Nazis but never lost her kind nature and strong Christian faith.

My Grandfather served in the German army, go figure, I haven't been able to work that one out yet. One of my aunts is writing a tell-all book about the whole story that is meant to destroy the entire family in its revelations. For a family that has been already blasted apart by petty differences, it will have to be a pretty shocking book!!

I hope your book will be available in Australia! If not, over the 'net!

primabella
05-19-2003, 09:19 AM
KayAnn - That's a really nice tile. Very deserving to win. Good job :D

I love that quote "we all bleed red". Apprently an Iraqui kid said it during the war or something. It's 4 words long but says so much.