PDA

View Full Version : do you make your pet dance?

wolfsoul
05-18-2003, 06:32 PM
Do you ever pick up your dog's legs and make them dance? Or hold your other pets up and make them dance?

I do that to the rat all the time lol. I hold them up and pretend that they are singing and I'll jiggle them around lol. Icarus just gives me a pathetic stare, like "help me." and Frisco kisses my hand when I do it lol.

If I hold up timber, she will get mad at me, and mouth my hands :rolleyes:

And Leather gets mad at me too lol. She will start "talking" to me.

GoldenRetrLuver
05-18-2003, 06:47 PM
LOL, thats kool! Daisy taught herself how to dance:rolleyes: One day i was just dancing to a song, and she comes up, starts barking and going threw my legs! So, i just went with it! Somtimes, she will jump up and try to dance, "like a human"!:) :D

primabella
05-18-2003, 09:27 PM
Mick doesn't really like people touching his front legs. Once I was walking him and this little girl just grabbe dhis legs and said "Let's dance!" and Mick was pulling away and she kept draggin ghiom toward her. Just when I was gonna tell her to stop her mother called her. :rolleyes:

My mom and I like to joke aroud with him though. He'll be walking around and we'll just pick up his back legs and he'll be walking on the front ones. It's cute :D But we don't keep them up for too long. He's kinda clumsy ;)

iceyshiver21
05-18-2003, 10:17 PM
Thats ANIMAL ABUSE!!! That is so cruel I could laugh! My poor dogs love to dance! :D :D I feel so bad that I taugh them to do that because everytime they hear "I love rock and roll" they go nuts

Cincy'sMom
05-19-2003, 07:54 PM
My dogs love to dance!!! Sadie took a class in Freestyle, which is basically chroegraphed obdience and tricks to music. We are working on a routine to Barry Mannilow's "Jump, Shout, Boogie" and she may even compete in Michigan this summer! Cincy sat in on a few classes too, so she has some moves, although we have not picked a song for her yet. She doe some of the tricks she learn in her therapy work though. We have still been refreshing the basics with Spot, but I bet he learns some dance moves before too long too!

tikeyas_mom
05-21-2003, 01:49 PM
hee hee I do, my hamsters hate it lol. Tikeya loves it ;)

tomkatzid
05-22-2003, 01:31 AM
Ashee doesn't like to dance. Nina HATES it. She hates it if we dance or sing. She barks and gets all mad at us.

puppygrrl4eva7
05-24-2003, 03:17 PM
i sometimes pick up ringos paws and have him dance with me, it's helped him gain some balance too because now he can stand up on his hind legs by himself when he wants to anyway, but only for about 30 seconds lol
:D

cocker_luva
07-24-2003, 10:38 AM
i'll pick up jesse and hold one of her paws out like we're ballroom dancing. :rolleyes:

Uabassoon
07-24-2003, 10:52 AM
I dance with Tibby sometimes she doesn't seem to mind it. Corkscrew I've never even bothered to try it with, I know he'd be mad at me.

binka_nugget
07-25-2003, 12:47 AM
I don't dance with kai by picking up his two front paws. I'm too weak to support his weight for too long lmao. I tried teaching him some dance moves so we could start musical freestyle soon...he stared at me in a way of saying "What the heck are you on?" I danced away to La bamba while he layed there on his side and stared at me...:rolleyes:

cocker_luva
07-26-2003, 10:35 AM
silly kai :rolleyes: :D

07-26-2003, 11:32 AM
LOL!! Sometimes, on a silly day (:rolleyes: :p :rolleyes: ), I even did this with Inka! Oh my, she certainly did NOT appreciate this ;) ;) :)

Uabassoon
07-26-2003, 11:39 AM
I danced away to La bamba while he layed there on his side and stared at me...

La Bamba is my favorite karaokee song! Maybe you can Kai can work out a routine and I can sing :D My friend has her own karaokee machine and 4 cats, oh boy I love singing to them and dancing when them. I like to sing that Elvis song "I can't help falling in love with you" But change the words to I can't help falling in love with Simon (one of her cats). He always looks at me funny and I stand in front of the cat tree with the microphone singing like a loon.

RedHedd
07-26-2003, 12:02 PM
I dance with my cats. The Sunday night Oldies program on the radio is my favorite. I pick them up in my arms and hold them ballroom style. Goldie was my best dance partner. She would even let me do "dips" with her. :D I tried this with Mishi for the first time last Sunday - he was confused by the moves, but then he started purring. He's a bit heavy to hold for the longer songs, but it's fun and he reminds me of my RB Goldie.

Mitzi on the other hand hates being picked up, so no dancing for her -- at least not yet. heh heh heh. She'll find out her meowmie loves to dance. :D