PDA

View Full Version : Weird......

bluekat
05-18-2003, 06:16 PM
Hi all,
I'm upstairs on the computer, and I just went downstairs. I see Blueberry staring out of my kitchen window, sitting there, not moving. He always turns around if he hears someone walk by, but I went by, calling his name, and he didn't even notice. Well, he didn't seem to notice. He just sat there, staring out the window. So I got something to eat, and the whole time, he just sat there, not moving. I went to pet him, and he just turned his head to look at me, and went back to staring out the window. I look out, nothing interesting, there's nothing there.
I wonder why he's doing this:confused:
Has any of your cats done this before?

IttyBittyKitty
05-18-2003, 09:10 PM
I haven't seen Pixel do it yet, but my Mum's cats do it all the time - they just go off into their own little worlds and it would virtually take a nuclear war (or a vacuum cleaner) to bring them back out of their trance!

ScantyNebula
05-18-2003, 09:15 PM
thats nothing .. Toby does the strangest thing i ever saw .. he goes into the bathroom, sits down and stares at the floor. He goes in there for hours at a time just staring .. and there's nothing there! He even starts patting at stuff .. we call it the invisible mice :D And he always sits in the same spot. I don't know what it is either ... its very odd

kimlovescats
05-18-2003, 09:54 PM
Maybe they "see dead mousies"!!! hehehe:D :eek:

bluekat
05-19-2003, 12:32 PM
Yesterday, he sat there for hours staring out! Maybe he sees something only cats can see?:eek: :rolleyes: lol

marysmerrycats
05-19-2003, 12:54 PM
yep, he saw something you didn't! I'm surprised he even looked at you when you pet him, instead of moving away and keep staring. cats are very intent when they are looking at something! they don't move, its part of their stalking thing! ever see them do that s l o w purposeful walk toward something?

marysmerrycats
05-19-2003, 12:56 PM
lol kim!!

my cats , sometimes will stare or stretch up on a wall and meow! I have NO idea why! they know things we don't! I'm waiting for them to tell me to get out of the house quick! one of these days, since they obviously sense/see things I don't! LOL:eek: :eek:

RICHARD
05-19-2003, 02:26 PM
the thing that absolutely weirds me out is the half open-sleeping stare....you know, their eyes are at half mast and as you walk by they follow you..

i have come to grips with the staring into the void.......my cat finds me boring!:)

Denyce
05-19-2003, 02:55 PM
Sort of along the same vein...but not...I have had some odd experiences.

I have noticed numerous times at night just as I am starting to fall back asleep that I feel a cat jump up on the bed. It is such a distinct feeling. I look up right away to see who is coming to snuggle and all of our cats are sound asleep in other parts of the room or are already snuggled in with either my husband or I. Other times I will wake up feeling like a cat is snuggled behind my back pressed up against me but when I reach around there isn't anything there. I know I sound nutty but I wonder if one of my girls that has passed over to the RB comes back to snuggle with me at night sometimes.

:o

Denyce

PayItForward
05-19-2003, 03:01 PM
I wonder if one of my girls that has passed over to the RB comes back to snuggle with me at night sometimes.

Gosh, I hope so. That would be so sweet.

Edwina's Secretary
05-19-2003, 03:23 PM
Lately Edwina has taken, in the evening, to sitting on the stool as in the photo below. First, I am forever in search of her because she is hard to find behind the "mother-in-law's plant." She sits there for hours....staring out into the darkness...her tail swishing from side to side. Out side the window is a bush! I have taken a flashlight to try and figure out WHAT is she looking at so intently???? I see nothing....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid31/pa5870800a72cbee0f882d5db42985a95/fd4a65ba.jpg

Randi
05-19-2003, 03:57 PM
Sara, the picture is just like seeing Fister. I too wonder what is going on in his little head, but the tail tells me that he IS seeing something. Well the critters outside seem to be able to make themselves invisible - at least to humans! :rolleyes:

K & L
05-19-2003, 04:25 PM
Compulsive behavior may then occur in situations where the pet is minimally aroused. Compulsive behaviors are often derived from normal behavior patterns but appear to be abnormal because they are excessive, exceedingly intense, or performed out of context. Although some compulsive disorders are repetitive and may therefore be referred to as stereotypic (wool sucking, pacing, tail chasing), other compulsive disorders such as freezing or staring are not truly repetitive.

batgirl1980
05-19-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
Maybe they "see dead mousies"!!! hehehe:D :eek:

LMAO!!! Too funny!

marysmerrycats
05-25-2003, 01:59 AM
the thing that absolutely weirds me out is the half open-sleeping stare....you know, their eyes are at half mast and as you walk by they follow you.. oh, Louise does that! it is creepy!:eek: almost like she's thinking, yeah just go to sleep already, would ya?!

I know I sound nutty but I wonder if one of my girls that has passed over to the RB comes back to snuggle with me at night sometimes. you don't sound nutty at all, before I moved to this house, I was alone in the den in the old house, and I "heard" or felt, I don't know, a thump just like my RB cat Cookie, jumping on the desk. no other cat was there, and I was not thinking of her at the time, so I know it wasn't my imagination...weird!

She sits there for hours....staring out into the darkness...her tail swishing from side to side. Out side the window is a bush! I have taken a flashlight to try and figure out WHAT is she looking at so intently???? I see nothing....

well that is one of two things... either you are not seeing with a cats eye, they focus on the tiniest thing, an ant, maybe the way a leaf is blowing in the slightest breeze.. or... they do it to freak us out!! cats communicate in a way we don't understand...for all we know they have telepathy and it's a universal cat thing... "ok time to look out the window or the wall, or the floor, and stare at nothing, freak out the humans! ":eek: :D I mean after all, we do laugh at them sometimes, they are getting even perhaps?:confused: :D

She sits there for hours....staring out into the darkness...her tail swishing from side to side.

this part sounds like part of a book, you would make a good writer!