PDA

View Full Version : IF you could have all the cats you wanted...

The Poetic Cat
05-18-2003, 03:03 PM
How many would you have?

jenluckenbach
05-18-2003, 04:16 PM
I voter MILIIONS !:D hee hee

Of course, I would never have millions but this is why I voted that way:
when I was dating my husband to be, I often tole him that I wanted MILLIONS of cats! I was never allowed to have one in the house as I was growing up and I felt more than a little slighted by this. SO I made sure that he knew in no uncertain terms, that I wanted CATS !! :D

And as everyone knows, I am working on it.;)

bluekat
05-18-2003, 06:58 PM
Millions, if it is humanly possible to take care of them all, lol! Otherwise, 20, or 30? I wish.

carole
05-18-2003, 07:26 PM
I would be happy with 4, 2 boys and 2 girls, i would like a brother and sister from the same litter who are great friends, maybe oneday who knows, for now i am content with ash and lexie.:)

ScantyNebula
05-18-2003, 09:17 PM
I think 5 or 6 would be suitable for our lifestyle .. it would just be too much to handle with more than that!

krazyaboutkatz
05-18-2003, 11:12 PM
I voted for something under 10. If I lived in a large house and didn't have to worry about money, then I think that I could easily take care of at least 6 cats. I don't think that I'd want more than this because then I wouldn't be able to give all of them the attention and love they deserve. Right now I have 3 males but if I had 6 cats then I'd probably have 4 males and 2 females or 5 males and 1 female.:D

PayItForward
05-19-2003, 02:19 AM
I voted for less than 10.

I would not want more than 5 or 6. If we had a bigger house and I was back in work.

But PaysForIt will say 3 is our set limit.

Mmmmm. Well he can be persuaded (if we had the space & cash) ;)

IttyBittyKitty
05-19-2003, 05:47 AM
...Is to have my very own a HUGE no-kill shelter for kitties! So I voted for "millions" because a) that's what I'd need to finance it and b) LOTSA KITTIES!

I'll just have to settle for being a Foster Meowmie when I own my own place. I am dreaming the more realistic dream of converting a back verandah or open car port in the yard to a little cat outside area :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-19-2003, 07:49 AM
I voted Millions, but let me explain.........

If I had UNLIMITED TIME, SPACE and MONEY (ie enough to support a Million cats), I would be able to afford to run a no-kill shelter.....imagine this.............

Nice large grounds with safe outdoor and indoor enclosures for stray dogs and cats.... a little craft shop and tea garden...........a safe retirement home for work horses, greyhounds etc....for me to run

And close by (but far enough to be out of earshot) some nice woods, springs etc for my hubby to run a 4X4 and trail-riding camp!

Oh well - at least we can dream. (At the moment we are both working flat-out and full-time in IT jobs which we LOATH!)

The Cat Factory
05-19-2003, 06:05 PM
I voted for more then 10 since I already have 13 :)

Cincy'sMom
05-19-2003, 06:21 PM
I would like 1 or 2, but since I have allergies, it is none for us :(

cheetahgirl
05-20-2003, 12:53 PM
Well I don't have a cat I do like them. I would only have 1 at the most though. If I could have all the birds I wanted, or all the goats I wanted, well, that would be millions though. lol

I would love to have a big cat like a cheetah though. Cheetahs are SO cool. :D

HayleyRosie
05-21-2003, 11:28 AM
I voted for under 10. I have 2 cats right now and I could not be any happier. It's not out of the question that I get a third but right now I am really happy with two.

batgirl1980
05-21-2003, 03:55 PM
I also voted for millions..
I love cats, and although I'll never have that many, I've always told my husband *and he agrees*, that if we ever came into a lot of money, we'd buy some acres, build a HUGE cat and dog shelter (separate areas) that allows them to run and be free, and safe.. and if someone wanted to adopt, GREAT, if not, GREAT too!

They'd never be in cages, and we'd have a vet staff...etc etc.. and of course, we'd live right next door so we could always go play with them!

As for how many would I like to own personally???? Well when I get a house... I'm getting more than the 3 I have.. maybe 6.. 7? I don't know.. as many as want to come stay with me I suppose!
(and if I have the room, as many as jen!!)

The Poetic Cat
05-21-2003, 05:42 PM
I would want millions too, if I could...Yes, I would make a giant shelter for all homeless cats, where they could sleep and eat and have plenty of room to play...

Acres of free green grass, and trees, and hiding places to play in. With lots of sunshine for them to lay in, toys everywhere...

Fresh clean water, great catfood...

But then again, all of this is assuming I'm a trillionaire and I don't go bankrupt by the time I finsish this all. ;)