PDA

View Full Version : ACK...stupid mouse!

wolf_Q
05-18-2003, 02:45 PM
My computer mouse is driving me nuts! For the past few days it keeps sticking...it doesn't "roll smoothly" if that makes sense..it's incredibly frustrating! I'm trying to cut out pics on adobe and it's taking me like 5 min per photo, pathetic!

Anybody know how to help this? I took out the ball and kinda blew it out, is there a way to better clean it? Or maybe the poor thing is just shot.....ehh...I don't want to have to buy another mouse...:(

slleipnir
05-18-2003, 04:46 PM
Clean the crud off the rollers inside where the ball goes (like scrap it off either your fingernail), or better yet, get a laser mouse...they are SOO amazing. I hated have the ball mice and it always does that, but the lazer ones don't have one so it makes life easier.

PayItForward
05-18-2003, 04:51 PM
I have a laser mouse too. My partner bought it for my birthday last yeart (amongst other presents);)

GSDgurl
05-18-2003, 07:31 PM
Mine use to do that too...until my Dad cleaned the ball off n' everything else around it. It also helps if you get a new mouse pad.....thats what i had to do :D

carole
05-18-2003, 07:37 PM
Get a new mouse, thats the answer, i too had one like that drove me nuts, i now have an optical one only 35 dollars and it works like a dream, no ball to ever clean yay.:)

anna_66
05-18-2003, 10:13 PM
ours has been doing the exact same thing:mad: It gets really frustrating! Maybe we'll have to get one of those laser mouses everyone is talking about:D

Cookiebaker
05-19-2003, 05:50 AM
We recently got a wireless optical mouse...and it's GREAT!! I highly recommend it. The only thing is that with rechargeable batteries, it lasts 3-5 days before going dead. I would suspect it was my batteries, but these same batteries keep my dig. camera going for 2 weeks. With standard batteries it will last 3-4 months. It's too much of a pain to always swap rechargeables.

But besides that, it's wonderful. No mouse cord to get tangled, no roller ball to get gunked up with dog fur :rolleyes: I just love it!!