PDA

View Full Version : I gotta stop this!!!

Rocky'smomma
05-17-2003, 03:32 PM
I just got back from petfinder.com online, and can't help myself...I wish I could take care of a few more kitties, or just at least a couple more, but hubby says no more kitties...well, I did tell him, when the kid are older, I plan on getting more..not sure on how many, but I just want another one so bad!!..I can't help but get all teary eyed going to that site...I have to quit going there knowing I am not going to be getting another anytime soon...

see little Nimbus here..I want to bring him home..Fort Smith is just an hour away from me...
http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?ac...preview=1&row=0

moosmom
05-17-2003, 07:35 PM
Kathy,

I know how you feel. I look in Petfinder.com all the time. But I know that I can't take in anymore cats. Why torture yourself??

jenluckenbach
05-17-2003, 08:22 PM
I too look at petfinder, I also look in the classified (even though they infuriate me most of the times) I just can't help myself.

carole
05-17-2003, 09:22 PM
I am the same, i torture myself, even look at the ones in America, as if i could adopt one from there, but i just can't help myself, hmm sigh.

carole
05-17-2003, 09:23 PM
infact i cant resist it i am off to look at petfinder.com, and torture myself some more sigh

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-17-2003, 10:01 PM
AAAAAHHHHH! You got ME doing it too! Look who I just found...

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=1586076&adTarget=468doggeneral&SessionID=3ec6f7df12ac615a-app2&display=&preview=1&row=0

marysmerrycats
05-18-2003, 01:51 AM
that must be what they call cat fever... I just want more cats, and to help more. but these last 2, I think have cured me... I mean, it bothers me SO much about the situation of these poor animals, but I just can't look at them or think of them anymore, or at least try not to.
there's no way to help them all. its just so sad. people are so cheap, they won't get their pets fixed. but you can bet they can yard sale every weekend or drink the money away:mad: :( :(

moosmom
05-18-2003, 08:38 AM
Mary,

people are so cheap, they won't get their pets fixed. but you can bet they can yard sale every weekend or drink the money away

Stupid...Don't forget STUPID!!! ;) :)

marysmerrycats
05-18-2003, 10:04 AM
stupid yes, but I think it is even more that they are just inhumane bastards!!

I see their pic in the dictionary under bastards, under stupid, under inhumane, under selfish!!!

PayItForward
05-18-2003, 11:20 AM
It is tempting to adopting another pet, this is why I will not visit any more shelters.

(I still think about Sooty, seen at local no kill cat shelter, when we adopted Milo. Though if he has trouble being homed or if he is returned the warden had promised to ring me.)

But a lot of these pets at shelters/internet will be adopted by great people and have wonderful lives.

I am not going to look for further pets (Unless fate delivers one to us).

I am happy that we have the money, time and love for the three beautiful kitties, we currently own.

marysmerrycats
05-18-2003, 02:12 PM
well I got Callie and cassie from the humane society(kill shelter)
and I am so glad I did...callie is so cute, and sweet , and Cassie is just my little pal, she is the funniest thing! I can't imagine life with out her!

Rocky'smomma
05-19-2003, 07:56 AM
I am just glad to see I am not the only one who feels this way....Thanks for the replies yall