PDA

View Full Version : Pooches on the silver screen

bnormal
05-17-2003, 09:12 AM
My wife and I are fairly obsessive when it comes to Dobermans. In fact, we will watch certain movies just because of their Doberman scenes. Here are our favorites:

Father of the bride, Part 1 & 2, excellent Doberman scenes
Americas Sweethearts, a few funny Doberman scenes
Blind date, a few funny Doberman scenes

What movies feature your favorite breed of pooch?

BTW, hollywood usually gets it wrong when it comes to certain dog breeds, especially the Doberman Pinscher...

:D :D :D

primabella
05-17-2003, 09:21 AM
I'll have to agree with you on that bnormal. They do usually get it wrong. I loved that scene in Fatrher of the Bride, II especially when they were sleeping on the bed. So cute :D

I'm pretty partial to those movies that feature cute little Collies or a cute Shephard mix. But I'll also enjoy seeing a Golden or Dobie or even that Chi in Legally Blond. :D

bnormal
05-17-2003, 09:26 AM
Pbella, that pooch in Legally Blond was cool!

The scene you mentioned in Father of the bride II is so close to the truth! Except our Dobes never growl at anyone!

I bet my wife and I have seen that movie at least a dozen times because of the Dobe scenes.

RubyMutt
05-17-2003, 09:46 AM
'Father of the Bride' is one of my all time favorite movies. I'm a Steve Martin fanatic! :D I love the dobie scene at the pool in the first movie. Soooo funny!

'As Good as it Gets' is another one of my favorite movies w/ a lot of dog scenes. I love that movie, and that little pooch is so cute!

'Best in Show' is really funny too. There's a lot of dogs in that, but I like the weimaraner and its two owners... they cracked me up
:D

bnormal
05-17-2003, 09:48 AM
RubyMutt, the pool scene is a classic!

lute
05-17-2003, 10:21 AM
i watch movies with any breed of dog in it exept air bud. i'm not a big fan of golen retrivers.....sorry all golden fans.

another movie with a dobie scene is Raising Arizona.

bnormal
05-17-2003, 10:22 AM
lute, I haven't seen Raising Arizona in a long time and i didn't remember the dobe scene...can you tell me what the scene with the dobie was about?

binka_nugget
05-17-2003, 11:45 AM
I watch ANY movie with dogs in it..including animated ones LOL. I loved snow dogs they had a BC in there! Lol...

Cheshirekatt
05-17-2003, 12:23 PM
I loved the American Bulldog in Homeward Bound. And I just loved Hootch in Turner and Hootch. Petey from Our Gang was a pitty so of course I love him as well as the Buster Brown dog. And I know it's not a real movie, but I loved Zero in Nightmare Before Christmas.

binka_nugget
05-17-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Cheshirekatt
And I just loved Hootch in Turner and Hootch.
OOO i forgot about turner and hootch! Tom Hanks is one of my all time favourite actors!

primabella
05-17-2003, 12:31 PM
Oh man, I forgot about Best in Show! That's a great movie :D:D

I also loved Homeward Bound. That movie started my thing for wanting a dog :) I also love animated movies like Oliver and Company, Lady and the Tramp and 101 dalmations. Good ol' classic :cool:

wolfsoul
05-17-2003, 03:43 PM
I have to watch any movie with a dog in it :D

Like Snow dogs, Turner and Hooch, 101 and 102 dalmatians, even the Patriot when they had the great danes :) I really want to see the movie Dog Park. I keep forgetting to get it though..

Kfamr
05-17-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Cheshirekatt
I loved the American Bulldog in Homeward Bound. And I just loved Hootch in Turner and Hootch. Petey from Our Gang was a pitty so of course I love him as well as the Buster Brown dog. And I know it's not a real movie, but I loved Zero in Nightmare Before Christmas.

Same here :D

I also like the dog in "Next Friday" ... i forgot if he's in Friday or not but both movies are hilarious :D :D

wolfsoul
05-17-2003, 04:57 PM
bnormal..Have you seen Resident Evil? Apparently there are some robotic dobermans or something lol..but they are part of the stereotype that haunt poor dobies..

Uabassoon
05-17-2003, 05:07 PM
Did anyone notice that in the movie Cats and Dogs that the baby Dobermans were actually Min Pins?

wolfsoul
05-17-2003, 05:11 PM
I noticed that! lol

And in the Book Call of the Wild, the dog was actually an old english sheepdog St. Bernard cross, yet in the two movies after he was a german shepherd dog and a husky wolf cross :rolleyes:

bnormal
05-18-2003, 07:25 AM
wolfsoul, I don't think I've seen Resident Evil. I'll have to check that out...

Uabassoon, I haven't seen Cats and Dogs either...did they try to make it appear that the min pins were full sized dobes? too funny

primabella
05-18-2003, 08:28 AM
bnormal - I came across this graphic and thought I'd post it for you :D:D lol

http://www.animations.dabsol.co.uk/dogs/eddobr4.gif

Cincy'sMom
05-18-2003, 09:02 AM
I love dog movies...Best in Show was one of my favorites. I also like all the Disney movies animated or not with animals...101 Dalmations, Lady and the Tramp, etc. etc. etc. Cats and Dogs was really funny and I also really like the dog in The Truth About Cats and Dogs.

I can not remember the Dobes in Father of the Bride at all. My sister and I got the movie for my dad for Christmas the year we both got engaged....I'll have to ask to borrow it andlook for them!

cloverfdx
05-18-2003, 09:11 AM
:eek: the anatolian shepherd in cats n dogs was BEAUTIFULL, i adore them

and the bloodhound in best in show:)

bnormal
05-18-2003, 12:30 PM
primabella, thanks so much...that is too cool!

Cincy'sMom, rent Father of the bride part 1 and 2...you'll get a kick out of them

Cincy'sMom
05-18-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by bnormal
primabella, thanks so much...that is too cool!

Cincy'sMom, rent Father of the bride part 1 and 2...you'll get a kick out of them

I've seen them both a few times, and they are great..I just don't re...oh wait!!! When they go the in-laws and Steve Martine is looking forthe bathroom? Is that where the dobes are? It is strating to come back to me....