PDA

View Full Version : Funny but true

Rhiannon
05-16-2003, 07:19 PM
A few years ago I had a cat named Sasha. Sasha was the queen of the house, so no other cats then. Sasha hated children and dogs. Well, actually, Sasha hated just about everyone except me. She was the Akita of cats. All other living things were beneath contempt.

One of the rules of the house was that when my dog came in from outside, she had to lie on a mat by the door until her feet were dry. She usually stayed put as asked, but if she thought she could get away with it, Kiche would sneak off the mat by belly crawling a few inches at a time.

One day, I caught her doing this and said, while pointing, "Get back there."

Dejected, Kiche would skulk back over to the mat and lie back down with a deep, over-exaggerated sigh.

I went to the bedroom, and could just see through the livingroom to the mat and I noticed Kiche had crawled a couple of feet off the mat again. I told her to go back. She did. Then she snuck off the mat again. So I marched back into the living room and pointed to the door, yelling, "GET BACK THERE!"

Just as Kiche was getting up to go back to the mat, Sasha, who had been quietly observing this interaction the whole time, came running out from her observation post, ran right up to Kiche, and smacked her on the head. Then sat down as calm as you please and with an authoritarian attitude stared the poor dog down as Kiche trudged back to the mat and lay down.

Kiche didn't move again until I called her.

And to think, there are people who insist animals have no emotions or intentional thought processes beyond insticts! I think Sasha is one of many non-humans who would beg to differ.

slick
05-16-2003, 07:24 PM
Oh poor Kiche. Getting beat up by Sasha. Cats really can have tudes can't they? BTW if I haven't said it before, welcome to Pet Talk. Do you still have Sasha?? Any pictures to post?

PayItForward
05-17-2003, 03:45 AM
LOL. I wish we could say a photo.

jenluckenbach
05-17-2003, 04:53 AM
Welcome to pet talk. I LOVED !!!! that dstory. Just LOL when Sasha smacked the poo pup. I could just "see" it. Thanks for sharing.:D

Uabassoon
05-17-2003, 04:59 AM
There must be something about the name Sasha, my roommates cat is named Sasha and she LOVES to slap Tibby (my kitten) when she is doing something wrong.

Rhiannon
05-17-2003, 10:50 AM
Yeah, Sasha loved to hit. She once slapped an ex-boyfriend of mine so hard, she left a paw-print!

Sadly though, I have neither Sasha or Kiche. They both died within 6 months of each other from Lymphosarcoma. Kiche was only six and Sasha was 12.

Another funny Sasha moment:

When I would sit on the floor to watch tv, I'd usually hug my knees to my chest and pull my T-shirt over my legs creating a kind of hammock between my chin and knees. Sasha used to love to sleep there.

One day, I had a 4 month old Chihuahua taking up that space. She was so tiny, Sasha didn't see her, so she came over to hop up into her "spot". She stood up, placing her front paws on my knees, ready to jump in and noticed the puppy.

I barely got the words, "Don't you dare-" out when Sasha quickly slaps the poor pup upside the head 3 times and then she took off running. *lol* She KNEW she had just done wrong, so she took off running so I wouldn't spank her.

I have the next two days off, so I will have to finish transerring my photographs from my old computer to my new one so I can share them with everyone.

bluekat
05-17-2003, 01:23 PM
LOL, those poor puppies! I can't wait to see pics!

kimlovescats
05-17-2003, 01:26 PM
Precious story! Thanks for sharing and making me smile.... and welcome to Pet Talk!:)

IttyBittyKitty
05-19-2003, 05:24 AM
Sasha sounds like she had real 'tude! She knew who ruled the house, so to speak! Welcome to PT, we can't wait to see the pics :):)