PDA

View Full Version : Home made toys

binka_nugget
05-16-2003, 06:50 PM
We've gotten kai so many toys for him...kongs...balls....frisbees..more balls...tug rope...stuff animals.... but his favourite is....the pop bottle :rolleyes: Odd boy
His other favourite is a balloon...although he tends to pop it within a minute...the only thing bad about the pop bottle is the sound it makes against hard floor. Do any of you guys have "home-made" toys?

Cisco's Mom
05-16-2003, 08:43 PM
No, I can't really think of anything that Cisco plays with other than his toys and his kibble. My cat(RB) used to love to play with the rings that you pull of the gallon milk jug to open it.:)

Crikit
05-16-2003, 10:51 PM
I have a couple that were given away at agility trials for entering and one that a friend made as a prize for a house league that I'm in. The one that my friend made is a tug toy made out of a couple of pieces of fleece that she braided together.

puppygrrl4eva7
05-19-2003, 09:09 PM
well I've tied 2 gether a couple socks and Ringo seems to enjoy chewing those:rolleyes: :)

Zero
05-21-2003, 10:50 AM
Yeah tie a few old socks together, He'll like that, I did it for Buck. Another homemade type of toy we have, I cant believe how much he loves it, Its a part of a Deer antler my brother got from College(The one thats a Exotic pet trainer)He loves it, I guess its the taste?:confused:

GoldenRetrLuver
05-21-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by puppygrrl4eva7
well I've tied 2 gether a couple socks and Ringo seems to enjoy chewing those:rolleyes: :)

I did that for Daisy too, she loves playing tug- o -war with it!:rolleyes: :)

Layka3000
05-23-2003, 12:19 AM
If you take a sock and put 1 or 2 treats and swing it aroung in your hand your dog will probably go nuts you should see mine, we dont even have to spend money anymore al though, the sox get toren up pretty dang fast.:) That was just an idea. Try it and tell me if it worked with your dog.!~

wolf_Q
05-23-2003, 12:42 AM
If you let your dog play with things such as old shoes/socks, they won't know the difference between which ones they *can* chew on, and which ones they *can't* chew on. So just make sure if you do that, you keep your new socks out of reach. ;)

wolfsoul
05-24-2003, 02:34 AM
Leather looooves socks!! :D She also used to get old shoes heehee..She knows the difference though, between what we give her and what we don't --- she's a smarty pants, she knows ;)

Timber gets huge ropes that my uncle gets for his construction work :D

pichu
05-24-2003, 10:56 AM
My new puppy, Jake, will chew just about anything I give him. He was abandoned so I don't think he had much. His favorite is a pair of old flip-flops (all the better when i'm actually wearing them!) and a pair of old pants with a draw string. I also did the sock trick, and he seemed to like it well too.

Tonya
06-02-2003, 01:27 AM
My cats have a thing for straws. They always steal them from our drinks. Every once in a while I'll move the couch and find 50 straws under there.

CamCamPup33
06-17-2003, 07:07 PM
If you take a sock and put 1 or 2 treats and swing it aroung in your hand your dog will probably go nuts you should see mine, we dont even have to spend money anymore al though, the sox get toren up pretty dang fast. That was just an idea. Try it and tell me if it worked with your dog.!~

i did that today and she got it away from me and then she torn in to shreads and out went all the treat peices!! :eek: on my carpet!! thats okay cu i had my doggie vacum cleaner.. its new called: Cami! :p

Kfamr
06-17-2003, 07:24 PM
Simba and Nalla have sock tug o war toys. Simba loves to play with paper bags lol

Foam
06-25-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Layka3000
If you take a sock and put 1 or 2 treats and swing it aroung in your hand your dog will probably go nuts you should see mine, we dont even have to spend money anymore al though, the sox get toren up pretty dang fast.:) That was just an idea. Try it and tell me if it worked with your dog.!~

I did that and Darlin went NUTS! I would tease her, and not let her have it for a while. I'm so mean :rolleyes:.
But when I finally threw it, she stuck her head in the sock and culdn't get it out!!!! It was the funnies thing I have ever seen! LoL! Too bad I didn't have the camera ;)

Airedalekisses
07-18-2003, 01:40 PM
old basketball in a pair of pantyhose-like a tether ball-used to run around the yard with the beasties running after the ball.

pitc9
07-31-2003, 08:09 AM
My dog at my parents house (GSD Mix) LOVES empty 1 gallon milk jugs. She'll chew on it till she bends the handle up enough to get her bottom jaw through the handle and will walk around the yard with it on her nose!!

lovemyshiba
07-31-2003, 08:17 AM
Kito loves to play with empty soda bottles, Abbey loves to play "hide mommy's shoes"--she never chews on them, just moves them around for me, and Riley likes sticks.

Who knew all this when I was out spending all of my money at Petco???????????

puppygrrl4eva7
08-03-2003, 11:32 PM
Ringo also will get hold of paper towels or any paper product and tear it to shreads if Itake my eyes off him for one minute:rolleyes:

primabella
08-06-2003, 11:11 AM
Mick has gotten into this thing where he wants to chew with empty water bottles. I also let him chew and play with a toilet paper roll (no TP on it). I watched him though and when he started ripping it apart, I threw it out.

Give a dog a toy that walks and talks and sings and he'll ignore it for an empty water bottle. :rolleyes: :D