PDA

View Full Version : *~ Brooks n' Dunn Review *~

CountryWolf07
05-16-2003, 01:05 PM
Howdy! :) I've got a lot to say so, here I go!:

We (me, my mom, and her best friend) left home at 3:30 to get at the Blossom Music Center, got there around 4:30 - decided to walk around the place, since it was full of fun things - I wanted to get a t-shirt before the show, so I got a Rascal Flatts t-shirt, it's pretty cool! Love the colors/design of it! It was warm outside, blue skies at the time..Around 5:15, we went to find our seats, and we were in the left center, almost the MIDDLE.. I gotta admit, I liked my seats! Dummy me, a guy came on the stage, who was Cledus, but I did NOT know it was him, because I was so far away you know? I was like "Who IS that?! Oh wait.. nevermind!" :)
Now, Jeff Bates came on the stage, he did pretty well.. he sang: Country Enough, My Inlaws are Outlaws, Lovin' Like That, Rainbow Man, and The Love Song. He told us a little about himself, how he was adopted, and how he got into music, about his kids.. that was nice..
Cledus came back on the stage, and introduced Aaron Lines, he teased us that Aaron was VERY shy about coming on the stage, so we laughed about that and then he came on. I liked Aaron's style and performance, very cool. He sang: Living Out Loud, Knock on Wood, You Can't Hide Beautiful, Turn It Up, and Love Changes Everything. I liked it.. I'm definitely going to get his CD whenever I can - I'm pretty sure that is out!
Now the weather is cloudy.. and getting darker.. (it was supposed to rain last night.. ) and there are *A LOT* of people out on the lawn!! Anyway.. while Aaron was singing his last song, I HAD to go to the restroom, I wasn't happy about that, LOL! Brad Paisley was coming up NEXT.. so I HURRIED.. I did not want to miss him.. man, next time I go to a concert, I am not DRINKING anything!! I've learned my lesson..
Now, back to Cledus, he introduced us to Brad Paisley, of course, we were SO loud when he came out! I was excited, I REALLY like Brad's stuff - he sang: Mud on the Tires, Wrapped Around, Two Feet of Topsoil, We Danced, Me Neither, He Didn't Have to Be, Sharp Dressed Man, Little Moments like That, Celebrity, I'm Gonna Miss Her( The Fishin' Song) - I got to say this - I *loved loved loved* Celebrity! That was such a fun song to sing to, and he showed the video of the song, and it was hilarious, we were laughing and singing. I think I took one picture of Brad, but I was skittish about taking pictures before Rascal Flatts came on - cameras were not allowed, so.. I hope THAT picture turns out LOL! The Fishin' Song, ahhh, that was fun too.. we took over the song and Brad just let us sing it! :) I just got to say Brad is AWESOME in concert - oh, did I mention.. he's GOOD looking?!? Hehe..
So we took a little break, about 15-20 minutes before Rascal Flatts came on - We talked to some people behind us about how people complained about how others would stand and dance instead of sitting down.. I just talked about Garth with my mom's best friend, and her boyfriend saw Garth (Oh I got jealous, you bet.. ) She told me that he couldn't tell where Garth was, and Garth was entering the stage from under, like on a piano.. I was giggling, and I told her that Garth throws the BEST concerts, and I kept thinking, I hope he comes back, etc. etc. I told her that if he comes back, I'm going to every of his concert(s) in OHIO! Haha.. I'll just cross my fingers for that!
NOW! Cledus comes on! He sings "270-something", What a hilarious song! We were laughing the ENTIRE time! I had a good time with that one..
Now, he finishes the song and again, 15 minutes break, Cledus comes out and INTRODUCES RASCAL FLATTS!!
WHOO HOOO! I get all PUMPED up! He introduces RASCAL FLATTS! Ahh, it was FINALLY GOOD to hear them live - wow, they really BLEW me away with every song they did.. I took probably 5-6 pictures of them.. the songs they sang: Too Good is True, This Everyday Love, I Melt, Love You Out Loud, Mayberry, While You Loved Me, Prayin' for Daylight, I'm Movin' On, These Days, and Free Ride (I think...I could be wrong, but it was like some rock music mixed with country).. so, I called my online friend, Anna from New Hampshire to let her hear "This Everyday Love".. I wanted to be nice and just call her, and give her some of "Rascal Flatts Live" experience - she has never seen them in concert before so I wanted to give her some of that! ;) I hope she got to hear it - I could NOT hear her on the phone so I just held it up and prayed she could hear it.. :) My mom called my brothers to let them hear I Melt and Love You Out Loud.. I decided to surprise my brothers again with my cell phone and called them and let them listen to I'm Movin' On.. They enjoyed that.. so, they were done, they walked off the stage, and I'm like "WOW.. they blew me away big time!" I am SO glad I got to see them, I really enjoyed it, and I hope to see them again someday whenever they come around again!
Now it starts to rain, yes, RAIN! I felt bad for the lawn people, but luckily for them they had umbrellas and rain gears..
Since it was a circus show - there were guys who did magic tricks - two guys did some fire tricks, that was neat - they put the sticks that had fire on them IN their mouths.. and this guy balanced a ladder on his chin/mouth, that was pretty cool! :)
The lights dims and everything is dark, then the ENTIRE stage lights up and BROOKS n' DUNN is on stage!
Now it's STORMING, lightning and thunder and rain.. at one point, Kix told the people back on the lawn to thank them for staying and that they can't believe that the people would STAY through the rain just to watch them, and they were grateful and happy about that.. (Heck, I wouldn't leave if it RAINED! LOL)
They opened with: Ain't Nothin' about You.. I just gotta say I was SO impressed with their performances.. They sang: Brand New Man, My Heart Belongs to You, That Ain't No Way to Go, Mama Didn't Dress Up for Nothing, How Long Gone, You're Gonna Miss Me When I'm Gone (LOVE that song.. very moving and cool to sing along to), Hard Workin' Man, The Long Goodbye, Neon Moon, Red Dirt Road (new single, new album coming out July 22, YAY! I GOT TO GET IT!), My Maria, Boot Scootin' Boogie, Rock My World (Little Country Girl), and Only in America. Kix brought up a little girl on the stage, and just talked to her and asked her if she saw the other performers, that girl was cute, she just nodded her head and just smiled, I think she was stunned.. at one point, I thought she was going to cry. Kix was so sweet to her! :) Hugged her and gave her a drum stick. Later on, into the song, Boot Scootin' Boogie, he brought up a woman onstage and just danced with her, spun her around, and I think she got dizzy and she almost lost her balance, so Kix hugged her and held her until she could regain her balance! :) Too cool.. Ronnie and Kix pretty much interacted with the crowd - now with "Rock my World (Little Country Girl), there were two OVERSIZED balloons of women on the saddles, LOL.. Ronnie got stuck underneath one of the balloons while it was blowing up.. that was cool, I took a picture of the stage with those so I hope they turned out!
So, they didn't really sign autographs at the end, although.. now when that song was over, and Only in America wasn't played yet and I was like: "OMG! They aren't gonna sing that song?!?!" to my mom, then all of the sudden, it was their encoure, LOL! They came out and sang that song, and a bunch of confetti was all over the place.. I looked behind me and looked up and saw smoke and confetti coming out and I'm thinking, I want some, so I took my cowboy hat off and caught some of it inside it and put it back on my head! :)
I've got to say, I HAD A BLAST! I'm so glad I finally have had the chance to see them in concert! :D So I am going to get my pictures developed tonight (1 hour thing), and hopefully they turn out, most of them.. two rolls.. so let's see what happens! If they do, I will show you guys them!

wolfsoul
05-16-2003, 01:12 PM
whoa, that's alot of writing!! :eek:

Sounds like you had fun! :)

I loooove country music :D

Cookiebaker
05-16-2003, 02:31 PM
Aaaaaagh! Wow! That sounds like *sooo* much fun fun fun!!! Thank you *SOOOOO* much for calling me. That was so exciting!! I had a little trouble hearing you at the end, but I could hear the song almost perfectly!! I was grinning from ear to ear!

Cannot wait to see your pictures~~hope they turned out!! :D:D:D

I'm heading out for a while, but should be on AIM later on this afternoon/evening. Hope to catch ya!!

:D!!!

CountryWolf07
05-16-2003, 08:31 PM
Whoo hooo, Anna! :)

I was THINKING about you when I heard Aaron Lines sing "You Can't Hide Beautiful" LOL!! That made me giggle, haha, you know why.. anyway, I am SO glad you were able to hear the song.. but I knew you couldn't hear me, it was *SO* loud and I couldn't hear my own voice!! I just hoped you could hear them.. it was amazing.. if the pics TURN out, I'll send you some of Rascal Flatts, since you love them so much! :) I think you'd like that, hehe!

I think country music is so much fun to listen to! It's so real and it's just the truth about everything in life..