PDA

View Full Version : Pixel fell out the window!!

IttyBittyKitty
05-15-2003, 10:17 PM
What a silly kitty!

We just bought a new fridge, and they could only deliver it between 9-5 Monday-Friday so we had to arrange for my partner's Dad to be there to let them in ...

Naughty Pixel has a rather bad habit of climbing window and door screens. Someone had left one of the windows open in our bedroom on the second floor of our unit. Pixel thought that it would be a great idea to climb the window screen of said window. Whoops! The screen fell out, cat and window screen tumbling into the small Hibiscus tree on the ground.

When my partner's Dad arrived at the scene, silly Pixel was stuck in the tree, meowing piteously. He rescued our scared little kitty and took her inside.

She seems to have sustained no injuries - but we'll be taking her to the vets tomorrow for vaccinations so they can check then.

I'm guessing that she will not be doing her screen-climbing trick for some time :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

krazyaboutkatz
05-16-2003, 12:59 AM
Wow! :eek: I'm so glad that she's okay. Hopefully she learned her lesson and won't try that again.

PayItForward
05-16-2003, 03:03 AM
Scary story. Glad Pixel is fine.

L. Wayne
05-16-2003, 03:30 AM
I believe that cats have a way of finding ways of opening window screens. Just after I moved into this house, I remember driving in from the grocery store, and saw Tiger out and about searching out her new area. I thought to myself, " I do not remember letting her outside". Sure enough, they had found the hook that keeps the window screen attached, was loose, and they unhooked it, and not only Tiger got out but a few of the others as well.

..............wayne

05-16-2003, 03:44 AM
Siily cats hey.... ! Last summer, when Maya was still a kitten of about 6 months, she used to climb on the screen of the door to the patio. One problem, as she got all the way up, she noticed she was sitting awfully high; she was scared to death and meowed .... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Kirsten
05-16-2003, 05:16 AM
Scary stuff! :eek: Glad she's alright!!!!

Kirsten

IttyBittyKitty
05-16-2003, 08:27 AM
She sure as heck gave me a fright! I was worrying about her all day at work. She seems fine - a little jumpy but still getting into everything and acting like a widdle brat - let's hope she did learn her lesson :eek:

catmandu
05-16-2003, 09:52 AM
i remember when I first moved into my new house thinking that if I left the Screen Window open that the Cats would enjoy the fresh air! Imagine my surprise when I came home and all 5 Cats were cavorting in the back yard. I discovered a rather Michael sized hole in the screen ( although he denies it ) and rounded up the Cat eventually. No more open windows for the Cats at least on the lower level.

IttyBittyKitty
05-17-2003, 02:47 AM
No open windows here on any level! We'll just have to leave fans on for her on hot days. Cheeky devils!

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-17-2003, 06:08 AM
Silly Pixel - glad she is OK!

I used to leave a window open for Ally, until one day she squeezed BETWEEN the window and the screen, and couldnt get out again! Luckily I was home at the time! She also found a TINY hole in one of the screens once, and had managed to make in big enough to stick her paw through before I caught her and closed the window again!:D

marysmerrycats
05-18-2003, 08:30 AM
how is little Pixel?