PDA

View Full Version : agh.... bettas at wall mart :(

Jessica12345
05-15-2003, 07:32 PM
:(

the bettas at wall mart have NO ROOM WHAT-SO-EVER to swim!:( their little mini "tank" is like 2 centimeters wide and 2 inches long. they SERIOUSLY CANT MOVE AT ALL, they take up the whole space. I feel so bad too, because no one ever buys them, so they live like that their whole lives. :(

Im no betta expert, but one was actully growing hair? :confused:
sometimes their little tanks have mold growing in them to. it makes me so mad! :( :mad: :(

I just had to vent....:(

RockyRoad
05-15-2003, 07:39 PM
I HATE the cr@ppy bowls bettas are kept in at stores. Argh...

Can you tell anyone about it? Maybe you can speak to one of the employees, or even the manager? Just a thought, since it is sad to see them in such conditions.

I hate how fish stores keep them in such small bowls. If they have big tanks for all the other fish, why not the bettas? So sad. :(

I haven't been to Wal Mart before, but I've seen commericals. What exactly do they sell there? Is it a food store?

Jessica12345
05-15-2003, 07:43 PM
i have spoken to them (two employees) .... I said "your betta's tanks are extremely small.... i think you should really concider giving them more room."

well, i wasted my time. they didnt care. they are still in their crappy little spots. it kills me! their tails and fins are being squished! their bodies will barely fit! i dont even know how they can get them into their!

:( :( :(

well anyways... wal mart is a clothes, food, music, everything kinda store. they have 3 pet isles.... mostly just food and toys but on the back wall they have fish.

Jessica12345
05-15-2003, 07:44 PM
BTW: LOVE YOUR SIG!:eek: :D i love how the bettas are in each point of the star! how cool!:D

green_chameleon_girl
05-15-2003, 07:48 PM
http://msgplus.mybboard.com/images/smilies/blah.gif

:( :mad: That is sooo bad! they are abusing the fish! If I were you I would march myself in walmart and file a BIG complaint! OMG they think fish are just..nothing BUT they live lives to! http://msgplus.mybboard.com/images/smilies/wall.gif

zippy-kat
05-15-2003, 09:08 PM
The hair is more than likely a fungus.

Unfortunately, it will take MUCH more than just a complaint to break new ground. From the corporate side of things: give them what they need to survive (and sometimes this isn't even done :( )and not anything more. They're in it for the money not the pet.:(

Poor guys.:(

RubyMutt
05-16-2003, 08:49 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: I KNOW!! :mad: I've seen bettas in tiny little jars at stores before, but Wal Mart is by far the WORST!!! I was there getting some filters for my tank and I almost started crying when I saw them. My mom has seen them as well. She was so disgusted she wrote a nasty letter to the supervisor of all the local Wal Marts. Yea, Go Mom! But like zippy-kat said, it'll take much more than a complaint to make them come to their senses... :mad:

wolfsoul
05-16-2003, 12:35 PM
I see that in the pet store every day :( The bettas are kept in tiny little clear boxes at the top of a huge tank so they can get used to the other fish that are all around them..

I'm not sure, but I always here people say that bettas are strictly solitary. If they are, then why are they training them like this so they can be housed together later on???

They also have little plastic cups filled with them at petcetera. You know those clear flimsy plastic cups that you take camping??? Yeah, those. :eek: They are on a low shelf, and any kid could just run by and every single cup would fall! :mad: "Whoops, there goes all 100 of our bettas" :mad:

lute
05-16-2003, 02:25 PM
oh ya i see hose too. in walmart and kmart.

JGuitaristR
05-16-2003, 02:40 PM
At that point, I would've pocketed two or three if they are THAT small. I've done it before --- if they're going to be total asses towards the fish, I'll just take one. Either that, or put them in a tank with low-aggressive fish or use the bowls on the shelf and use Wal-Mart water for the fish. People like that p. me off. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

wolfsoul
05-16-2003, 02:50 PM
At that point, I would've pocketed two or three if they are THAT small.

How would you get them into the water in time? :eek: Wouldn't they die before you could? Or did you just bring water with you...or something?

Jessica12345
05-16-2003, 03:27 PM
wolfsoul: i think JR meant "pocket the mini so called tank."

wolfsoul
05-16-2003, 03:37 PM
Ok, lol, I was wondering how someone could steal a fish! lol

Kater
05-16-2003, 10:39 PM
POOR BETTAS! :( :( :( :( :(
I wish I could save them all...