PDA

View Full Version : *Visitors! :D

Jessica12345
05-15-2003, 06:59 PM
Baby birdie visitors, that is!:D lol....

every year the mommy birdie has the same nest under out deck. :)

Here is a pick i took last week of the eggs..

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/pd7305e2d39a16d1aaefc98139061f146/fc248128.jpg

and i went outside today to see some babies! :eek: :D lol! i *would* say "arent they adorible?" but baby birds... well, arent the prettiest little things. LOL:p

heres a quick pic i snapped....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p8ac5c6b945fec070725cb49f78a9c172/fc248127.jpg

:D sorry, i know they are both blurry. i only snapped them really quick and then ran away because the mom tried to attack me!:eek:

well anyways, do you have any visitors?:)

primabella
05-15-2003, 07:02 PM
Awww so cute! :D lol, of course they aren't the prettiest things but still :D

Nope, no visitors here. :p

popcornbird
05-15-2003, 09:19 PM
OMG! :eek::eek::eek:

Well, they will grow up to be adorable! ;) Baby birds are super adorable once they get their feathers, so be sure to take pics of them when they get their feathers, but before they start to fly! That's the cutest stage! ;)

We have no visitors here, but in our old townhouse where we lived several years ago, we had a crow's nest right about our front door. :eek: Every spring, baby crows would fall out, and we would put them back up. Sometimes they would get injured, other times they would die :(, many times, eggs fell and cracked open with a dead baby inside. :( We caged one that fell once in the bachyard to keep it safe from cats and other animals until it could fly. Everyday, its mother would come and feed it through the bars. After a few weeks, we noticed she was trying to teach him to fly IN the cage, and he was doing pretty fell, going from perch to perch. We decided it was time to say goodbye to this black feathered friend and opened the cage door. Its mommy came to the door and they both flew up together! It was such a happy sight! :D

Last weekend we went over to a friend's house who lives up on the farm. They had like at least 10-15 nests around their whole house! :eek: I don't have a clue what kind of birds they were, but they were black, orange, red and yellow, and VERY beautiful. They were about the size of a sparrow. In each nest were 5-6 chicks, WITH their feathers, so they were super-de-duper ADORABLE!!! It was so cute watching their parents go back and forth feeding each baby! Much better than watching tv! At one of the nest, some older babies were taking flying lessons. We stayed far from them so as not to frighten them, but the younger ones with feathers were just SO cute! We went right next to their nest and looked inside, and they all rushed to the side to look at us. The parents wanted to attack us but the babies seemed a bit curious. I wanted to hold them but I didn't want to upset the mommy, so I left them alone. :)

CathyBogart
05-15-2003, 10:16 PM
Cute!! I get to see more than my fair share of baby birds because we hand-raise most of our parrots at work, but I never get tired of 'em!

We don't get any visitors at my house, but my grandma gets doves every year. ^_^