PDA

View Full Version : does your cat lick?

marysmerrycats
05-15-2003, 02:17 PM
I know all cats do , but Cassie is excessive about it, she likes to lick my face, my nose, and sometimes my hands. I thought it was just her, but the 2 foster cats, George and Henry, do that too, they lick and lick!

does your cat do that?

emily_the_spoiled
05-15-2003, 02:25 PM
Tanner LOVES to lick my face and throat, unfortunately it is usually about 4AM when he decides he wants attention like this.

Emily has just started to lick my fingers (even without tuna on them). I am not quite sure what her motivation is for this... but with a cat one never knows :D :D

Cheryl

jenluckenbach
05-15-2003, 02:30 PM
I have 2 lickers. Lucas licks my nose, but only before breakfast or dinner. And Willow. He will lick me any time I pet him.

actually, I have to add Sterling. He does not do it as often as he did when we first got him, but sometimes in the middle of the night he will lick at my hairline. and then his tongue gets all caught up in my hair. What a bother.

slick
05-15-2003, 02:37 PM
My two will only lick my finger if it smells like chicken. Other than that, they can't be bothered.

ramanth
05-15-2003, 02:41 PM
Sometimes when I pet Zam, she'll lick at my fingers and hand then she'll nip the fleshy part of my hand just below my thumb. :eek:

owie.

PayItForward
05-15-2003, 03:00 PM
George licks my forehead and hair as part of his...'It's time to get my breakfast' routine.

Milo just licks Milly head.

Milly doesn't lick anyone.

Cheshirekatt
05-15-2003, 03:01 PM
Elvira gives me a full arm bath every morning! I've never had a cat so obsessive about it. Sometimes I have to hid my arms under the blankets. It was ok when she was little and had a little cute kitten tongue, but now it's raspy and hurts after a while!

marysmerrycats
05-15-2003, 03:04 PM
oh I know, that sandpaper tongue! yikes!

Prairie Purrs
05-15-2003, 06:48 PM
Katie's a face licker. Cricket, who's a bit obsessive/compulsive, will pick a spot on my arm or leg and lick until I can't stand it any more.