PDA

View Full Version : update on Sager!!

tikeyas_mom
05-15-2003, 10:57 AM
Sage is finally showing, she is due to give birth in two days :eek: I am scared. I hope everything goes ok. I will post pics if I can. but ifI cant dont blame me because mothers need their space. Sager and Jade are in seperate cages and I will be housing the males with Jade and the females with Sage. Sound good? Wish me luck, I need it. :p

Aspen and Misty
05-15-2003, 06:12 PM
Hamsters or Gerbils?

My male Mouse when I put the male babies in there he attacked 2 of them and killed them. Most adults males will NOT like other males. I would recomen findind a tub or something to put them in it and drilling holes in the top so they can breath. We used the thing that our Dishwasher parts were sent to us in. It worked wonderfully till they chewed a whole and I had to tape it up with tape, but if they chew whole and you tape it make sure no sticky parts are showing.

Ash

RockyRoad
05-15-2003, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the update! Hoping Sage has a succesful birth and will have very handesome/pretty babies!
Good luck! :)

wolfsoul
05-15-2003, 06:29 PM
My male Mouse when I put the male babies in there he attacked 2 of them and killed them. Most adults males will NOT like other males.

As far as I know, gerbils are fairly good with younger ones. They won't see them as a threat. Ashley (Chibi_star) put one male baby with her male, and another female baby with the mother. Unfortunatly, female gerbils are evil (lol :p), and once the baby matured she killed it :eek: The male didn't kill the baby male though...it died on it's own..

I wonder why your mouse doesn't like other ones? Mice are very social creatures :confused: He could be like Frisco though...I kept Frisco alone for a couple months, and when I got Icarus Frisco decided he liked his new life as a loner :(

primabella
05-15-2003, 07:03 PM
Good luck :)

wolfsoul
05-15-2003, 07:11 PM
OMG! I'm going to your house on Saturday! That's in two days! Mwahahaha, I might be able to see the birth! I wanna take pics if Sage doesn't mind...heehee..

Tweety_Pie
05-15-2003, 07:48 PM
Good Luck SAGE!:D :D (and to you to Tikeyas_Mom)

tikeyas_mom
05-16-2003, 07:44 PM
thanks so much :D