PDA

View Full Version : 9/11

JGuitaristR
05-15-2003, 10:41 AM
Maybe something to talk about ... :confused:
Does anyone know anyone that were involved in 9/11 in any way?
My uncle is a NYC Firefighter and was there, helping people. Unfortunately, he is suffering from permanent lung problems from breathing in all the dust and debris. Fortunately, he's still alive.
Anyone have any stories?

HayleyRosie
05-15-2003, 10:52 AM
My cousin was on the second plane that went into the towers. Our family is still trying to deal with his death. Over time it has become a little easier but we still have a long way to go. There is not much we know about his last moments. Maybe thats a good thing. He will remain in our hearts forever.

tatsxxx11
05-15-2003, 12:57 PM
We lost a family member too. He was on the 101st floor of the second tower. He called his wife when the first tower was hit and told her not to worry; he was fine. He and his co-workers were planning on leaving the building but were told to remain where they were:( When the second plane hit, he called his wife back. He told her he was going to try and get out and that he loved her and their daughter. In mid-conversation, the phone went dead.:(:( His name was Martin "Buff" Wohlforth and he worked for Sandler O'Neill as an investment banker. He was from Demarest, NJ and Greenwich, CT. My/his area of NJ suffered the most loss of life of any area. The town is currently completing a memorial wall in our town park, where all the names of those who perished are etched in stone. We were one of the fortunate ones as his remains were identified about a week after the tragedy. His wife was on the Today Show with her daughter Chloe a few days after the event. I'll never forget their stoicism, grace and bravery. Like so many others, they held up a picture of their Dad and pleaded for anyone who may have seen him, to contact them. My heart goes out to your uncle and family. Thanks to his bravery and sacrifice, and the bravery of so many others, many lives were saved. Please tell him that me and my family cannot express our thanks for his and his fellow firefighters heroic sacrifices.

I'm so very sorry for you loss, HaleyRosie.:(:( How tragic and ironic that your cousin was on the plane that hit the tower Buff was in. It's hard, isn't it?? It's still somehow unreal to me...until I go to Ground Zero.

slick
05-15-2003, 01:12 PM
I can't even imagine how you must feel. As I watched the newscast on TV that day tears were streaming down my face. Prayers go out to all of you that lost family members and more to those who helped out at Ground Zero.

HoRsELUvR
05-15-2003, 02:44 PM
i am so sorry for everyone on PT who has lost someone close to them.it must be so awful.:( i dont actually know anyone who died or got hurt but there was someone with my last name who helped stop the plane from crashing into the white house(that was the one that crashed in PA).i guess that means we are related in some way and i was so surprised,moved,and proud when i found out.

primabella
05-15-2003, 07:17 PM
I'm so sorry HayleyRosie and Sandra. How tragic. :(:(
JGuitaristR - your uncle is a very brave man. I hope he recovers soon.

I can't even imagine how hard it was for those who lost their loved ones...or even experiencing it is terrible. :( I know this girl who was standing under the towers as it fell and she was covered in smoke and dust and ashes. She was able to escape safely but is still haunted by that day.

carole
05-15-2003, 07:56 PM
I am extremely sorry to hear of the loss of your loved ones in sept 9/11, even though i live in nz, we felt it here too, i have never cryed so much, it was horrific, i just hope justice will prevail in the end.
It must be very very difficult to deal with and my heartfelt sympathy goes out to you .

mugsy
05-15-2003, 08:20 PM
My heartfelt sympathies for those who lost loved ones that awful day. I remember lying in bed watching it unfold and calling school to tell the secretaries what had happened and the profound shock of it all. I sat alone and cried because Mike was at work...an awful awful day. Yet another date that will live in infamy.

Soledad
05-15-2003, 08:31 PM
My brother goes to school in NYC. His dorm was evacuated because the windows were blown out and the place was full of debris. We didn't know where he was for a few hours which was pretty stressful. The poor kid was really shaken when we did contact him. It took him a few months to get over what he saw as he was close by at the time.