PDA

View Full Version : Thursday II

catland
05-15-2003, 10:35 AM
Another Thursday, another round of drinks. It's kind of cool and cloudy here in the rose city, (I won't be able to see the lunar eclipse because of the clouds) -

So Richard - a Spanish Coffee please.:D

babolaypo65
05-15-2003, 10:42 AM
Its cool and cloudy here too. Spanish coffee sounds great. Make it two richard.

Randi
05-15-2003, 10:49 AM
I'd like a coffee too - with warm whipped milk and a drop of Grand Marnier (the yellow top).

And later - una botella de vino tinto, por favor! Con Nacho cheese chips. :D

Edwina's Secretary
05-15-2003, 11:16 AM
It's a gloomy day here too so .....a cognac please! Actually I think Randi's coffee sounds perfect. Make it two!

(I rarely drink coffee but this would be a good day for it!)

slick
05-15-2003, 11:35 AM
It's a beautiful day here. They are calling for showers but the sun is shining brightly and temp is about 12 deg. cel. A cool Gin & Tonic please and if that's not available I'll have a Caesar (not sure if it's spelt right, don't ask me, I just drink em)

So generous of you Richard. Oh yes, celery stick in the Caesar please.

RICHARD
05-15-2003, 11:51 AM
slick,

you are a woman after my heart!

have you tried and olive in a caesar?? or pickled okra?

sounds bizarre but those are a few twists that i learned along the way.....

everyone else....drinks are up!!!

topic for today???

cell phones.....love em, hate them????

the thing that has me REALLY bugged is the 'walkie talkie'
option.......isn't it irritating to hear a conversation about ice cream while you shop in the frozen food section??????

bad enough to hear one side....now i get both sides of the conversation......that's what a shopping list and conversation (before you go out the door) is for...

also one of the 'football hazing kids' that was suspended for 10 days has hired a lawyer to sue the school district to overturn the
suspension....can anyone say responsibility?

momoffuzzyfaces
05-15-2003, 11:52 AM
I feel daring today so I'd like my iced tea with lime instead of lemon, please.:eek: :D

Logan
05-15-2003, 11:58 AM
I love Thursdays!! But I don't drink coffee!!! I can do Kahlua, though....how about a White Russian, in a tall glass, Richard?? After 5, of course!

It is extremely cloudy here, but no rain right now. We did have rain overnight and I have the muddy pawprints to prove it!! LOL!!! I hope we can see the lunar eclipse tonight!! :)

slick
05-15-2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

have you tried and olive in a caesar?? or pickled okra?

The olive sounds good, but pickled okra????? never tried it but I'm very adventurous.

You know what bugs me???? Those idots that can't seem to shop without talking on the cell phone. I must be really screwed up because I can chew gum and walk at the same time, but shop and talk?? - no can do.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-15-2003, 12:14 PM

also one of the 'football hazing kids' that was suspended for 10 days has hired a lawyer to sue the school district to overturn the
suspension....can anyone say responsibility?
Sure they can SAY it but taking it is a whole different slice of cheese.

Cell phone???? Don't like them. Don't have one. Don't want one. Face it most people aren't that important: they just think they are or want others to. Is my iced tea with lime ready?:p :D

catland
05-15-2003, 12:18 PM
cell phones - I finally broke down and got one a few months ago. Its one of those with the pre-paid phone cards so that if I don't use it often, it will run me ~$7.00 a month.

I don't use it in the car. I don't use it for long conversations. It was handy recently when I was on vacation and our Luau got rained out and we used it to call my husband's uncle to come fetch us.

But now my three months has run out and I keep forgetting to reactivate the darn thing.:p

Thanks for the spanish coffee - you are quite the bartender.

RICHARD
05-15-2003, 12:30 PM
orders up.........

has anyone ever done tequila gimlets???

Logan
05-15-2003, 12:32 PM
No, Richard, but I have done a Tequilla shooter, so surely I can handle a gimlet!! Scott loves Vodka gimlets. :)

As for the cell phone...I have one. I use it mostly when I travel. Thank goodness because my phone friends keep me occupied while I cover long distances. And it is a good time to return business calls, but I don't use it in heavy traffic, or when the weather is bad and I'm driving. In fact, my own mother refuses to talk with me when I'm on my cell phone, unless Scott is driving!! :)

RICHARD
05-15-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Logan
No, Richard, but I have done a Tequilla shooter, so surely I can handle a gimlet!! Scott loves Vodka gimlets. :)

sub the tequila for the vodka....different!

also, for snacks i'm putting out some Planter's spicy nuts and cajun sticks (there's a joke in there someplace;) )

i bought a pkg a few days ago........addiction city!

catland
05-15-2003, 12:46 PM
I'll swing by Costco and pick up a bag of those spicy buffalo chicken wings. Got an oven?

(I love these virtual happy hours - lots of fun, and no hangovers or calories:D :D :p )

slick
05-15-2003, 12:47 PM
God, the last time a drank tequila I don't remember getting home. Just woke up the next morning naked.....and alone....believe me, that not a sight to see. I think I was 23 at the time.

iceyshiver21
05-15-2003, 12:54 PM
Oh my another Thursday! :D

Cellphones: Dont hate them, Dont love them.... Being just young enough to where I cant drive and still like to stay independent, I need one to get a ride to go where ever I need to go...With out one I could be stranded for hours. But I cant stand to be on the phone for extended time of 30 seconds. So I just use my parents when ever I go some where.

umm...iced tea for me please.

Randi
05-15-2003, 01:25 PM
Did I hear Planters? I love them - they're the best!! I thought you could only get them in England! - Dry roasted for me, please!

When it's time for breakfast - (remember, I'm in Denmark), could you tell me, have they got Splitz (called something else in England) in USA? They're small square ones with a raisin in the middle. Uhmm! They look a bit like shredded wheat.

Cell phones! I think it's hilarious when 3-4 of them rings while you're sitting on a bus or train - and noone can figure out if it's theirs or not, and then, almost everybody responding: I'm "at this place now" will see you in 2 minutes. - or in a supermarket: "Should I buy this" :rolleyes: We have one, but are using it about 10 times a year - can hardly remember the number. It's now in Spain, forgot it at Nita's - don't miss it! :D

Isn't this a great time of year!! :D

slick
05-15-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by slick
It's a beautiful day here. They are calling for showers but the sun is shining brightly and temp is about 12 deg. cel. A cool Gin & Tonic please and if that's not available I'll have a Caesar (not sure if it's spelt right, don't ask me, I just drink em)

It's clouded over here and now starting to rain. Changed my mind Richard. Instead I'll have a Blueberry Tea with a shot of Baileys. Yum!!

RICHARD
05-15-2003, 01:36 PM
icey,

tea for you!!!

randi-

vino tinto, nachos and splitz??

we are going to have to synchronize our clocks!!!

lol about the 'phone phools'. i go to meetings and it's great fun watching 10 people scramble as soon as the phone rings....

another peeve????

did the great composers ever dream that their beautiful tunes would become attached to such annoying machinery???

if i hear the Wm. Tell overture in the supermarket again...

Edwina's Secretary
05-15-2003, 01:41 PM
Many years ago the man I was dating picked me up at my office downtown. He had a car phone -- just then becoming available. I refused to get in the car. (What an ass I was!) "If time with me wasn't more important than being available by phone....blah, blah, blah...."

Anyway...yes, I have a cell phone and yes, I use it. For example...we have friends who live in a highrise building...when we pick them up we call when we are right around the corner so they can be downstairs when we get there. It's good for letting someone know if I'm stuck in traffic and going to be late. Calling and getting directions when lost. When REALLY stuck in traffic I might call my mother to chat. Long distance charge from home phone..included on cell package! Call when the plane has landed so my husband can pick me up -- neither of us spends time idling around the airport. And of course....safety. If I have car trouble or the like I can call for help.

I don't give the number to very many people....I don't want to be that accessible. But it gives me peace of mind for my safety and convenience!

zippy-kat
05-15-2003, 01:45 PM
I just came back from the Detention Facility (giving alcohol screenings to two DWI offenders) ... you guys be good or I may come to visit you! lol

Richard -- after your definition of "pkg" you might want to rephrase:

i bought a pkg a few days ago........addiction city!

It's cloudy and muggy and my allergies are screwed....
Just a honkin' big doze of Nyquil and a diet coke please!

RICHARD
05-15-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
I just came back from the Detention Facility (giving alcohol screenings to two DWI offenders) ... you guys be good or I may come to visit you! lol

Richard -- after your definition of "pkg" you might want to rephrase:

It's cloudy and muggy and my allergies are screwed....
Just a honkin' big doze of Nyquil and a diet coke please!

have you noticed that those three letters have been a PIA for me lately????

nyquil and DC for you!

and what's the recipe for an alcohol screen?? and why are you giving them to DWI folks????

lolololol

momoffuzzyfaces
05-15-2003, 02:08 PM
I have a delicate tummy and can't handle spicy foods. Can I have plain chips instead of spicy nuts?

I will say this for cell phones: if you are traveling they are great for saftey if nothing else. I just don't like them used in places like stores and such unless it's an emergency. If someone wants to know what flavor of ice cream their friends in isle 4 wants, discover your legs again and walk over and ask. It's good exercise and you can eat more ice cream.:D

RICHARD
05-15-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
[color=green][b]I have a delicate tummy and can't handle spicy foods. Can I have plain chips instead of spicy nuts?

done!

what kind?

mugsy
05-15-2003, 02:36 PM
8 more days of the walking hormones.....I need one of Amy's raspberry margerita on the rocks. And to top it all off Baby's Sir Jury went awry today.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-15-2003, 02:42 PM
done!

what kind? How bout some Pringles Cheesey ones? YUMMY!:D

Randi
05-15-2003, 02:46 PM
I've finished the botello de vino tinto, so I'm ready for a heavenly chocolade cake made from Valhrona chocolade with los of nuts in!! :p If you can't provide that, I'll go for a rashberry sorbet. :D
Can you suggest anything to go with it?

Don't forget my yummy Splitz breakfast tomorrow!! ;)

emily_the_spoiled
05-15-2003, 02:49 PM
It is overcast, cloudy, and windy here so it seems like a thunderstorm is approaching. I think that a cup of hot chocolate with (plenty) of chocolate liqueor might be a good end to a bad day :D

BTW, Richard you will be happy to know that the judge enforced the suspension for the hazing incident.

Cell phones, let's see ... they have their uses but not when driving, in the same place as the person being called or with me:cool: :cool:

Cheryl

RICHARD
05-15-2003, 03:11 PM
Mugs,
what happened??

double for you!

cheesey pringles...

randi,

i wouldn't know where to start to look for your cake:(
but i can do the sorbet..... here in the US we have some decadent ice cream toppings called SMUCKERS, please, no rhyming words!!! would you like to try some?

emily,

done!

and thank you for the info.......

good god, i cannot believe those parents......
and even more unbelievable they were probably caught on the tape.....

Cincy'sMom
05-15-2003, 03:37 PM
Cool and cloudy here too...but I have a ball game and nothing goes with ball games like beer. I'd like a Coors Light please :)

Edwina's Secretary
05-15-2003, 03:44 PM
In this morning's paper....the girl whose parents went to court......was just back in school after a suspension. She was caught at a basketball game drinking alcohol.

Not a first offender!

RICHARD
05-15-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
Cool and cloudy here too...but I have a ball game and nothing goes with ball games like beer. I'd like a Coors Light please :)

done!

big red machine fan???

recovering baseball fan here....peanuts????

RICHARD
05-15-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
In this morning's paper....the girl whose parents went to court......was just back in school after a suspension. She was caught at a basketball game drinking alcohol.

Not a first offender!

'but our little angel was given the alcohol by another student!'

hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, good!

thanks!

another round for everyone, courtesy of the house!!

Cataholic
05-15-2003, 03:53 PM
I will take a vodka gimlet, please, it is my absolute favorite!!!

As to cell phones? Love it, use it, never leave home without it. Convenience that fits in the palm of my hand! I use mine while driving, while walking, it rings at work next to my 'real' phone. I have it on 24 hours a day.

If it makes MY life better, why not? I don't see the difference between yakking on my cell phone, or yakking to the person I am walking with? Really, you only get half the noise traffic. I am not rude on my phone anymore than I am rude in person. I don't talk on it if another person is talking to me, though I have asked my mom to 'stay in my pocket book' while I order at SB. I go through 2500 minutes a month, about, and if I am in my car, I am on my cell. Since I bill hourly during the work day, and get home after 8 pm most nights, to me, it is a huge convenience and way to stay connected. I don't use it in the gym (take it around with me when I am working out), I turn it off during court (peeves the judges), and it has helped me more often than it has hindered me. Want to call me? He he he...

Now, another gimlet, please, I am thirsty after all that yakking!!!

Cataholic
05-15-2003, 03:56 PM
done!

big red machine fan???

Despite Cincy'smoms misleading name, I think the Reds are a bit too far south for her....

Cincy'sMom
05-15-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Despite Cincy'smoms misleading name, I think the Reds are a bit too far south for her....

Actually, when it comes to Sports, I'm pretty much a Cincy fan...Bengals, Reds, and Bearcats...been that way long before I decided to go to school in Cincinnati and will remin so even if Pete never makes the Hall of Fame and Mike Brown never steps down as GM of the Bengals...

RICHARD
05-15-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
Actually, when it comes to Sports, I'm pretty much a Cincy fan...Bengals, Reds, and Bearcats...been that way long before I decided to go to school in Cincinnati and will remin so even if Pete never makes the Hall of Fame and Mike Brown never steps down as GM of the Bengals...

Big Kenny Anderson/Cris Collinsworth fan.....

Cincy'sMom
05-15-2003, 05:26 PM
Big Kenny Anderson/Cris Collinsworth fan.....

Me too!!! But my fav is Boomer :)

babolaypo65
05-15-2003, 06:24 PM
Richard: I'm stuck in the office all evening. Do you deliver? I think its time for a bloody mary.

RICHARD
05-15-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by babolaypo65
Richard: I'm stuck in the office all evening. Do you deliver? I think its time for a bloody mary.

of course, what time does the boss leave??

celery, olives or okra???

hey, don't forget the eclipse!!

mugsy
05-15-2003, 06:33 PM
Richard, Baby went in to be spayed today and somewhere along the line she sprung a leak. I guess we almost lost her. Doc worked on her for 2 1/2 hours to get her stabilized. He's keeping her overnight. He just called and said she was much better and he was coming back in a couple of hours to check on her. Thanks for your concern.

I'm really looking foward to that margarita!

Miss Meow
05-15-2003, 06:33 PM
It's only 9.30am here (Friday) but after the morning I've had, a lemon/lime margarita and a block of chocolate please ...

babolaypo65
05-15-2003, 06:39 PM
Boss is gone!
Celery! thanks

of course, what time does the boss leave??

celery, olives or okra???

hey, don't forget the eclipse!!

RICHARD
05-15-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
Richard, Baby went in to be spayed today and somewhere along the line she sprung a leak. I guess we almost lost her. Doc worked on her for 2 1/2 hours to get her stabilized. He's keeping her overnight. He just called and said she was much better and he was coming back in a couple of hours to check on her. Thanks for your concern.

I'm really looking foward to that margarita!

gave you a double earlier........someone must have....oops, that was me........

2.5 hours!!! thank that dr......that was a tough one....bleeders are tough, in a way it good it happened on the table...

hugs and slugs to Baby!

Miss Meow,

are you allowed to drink at work and are they hiring???

done!

what kind of chocolate? maybe some Godiva or Ferrer Roche???

(maybe i should not post this......it make me wary-giving candy to a girl!!! alcohol too!!!!);)

RICHARD
05-15-2003, 06:40 PM
Boss is gone!
Celery! thanks

done!

p.s. take your shoes off and play the radio REAL loud!!

babolaypo65
05-15-2003, 06:40 PM
Speaking of drinks: my last trip to Canada (i go three or four times a year) i had coors and clamato for the first time. Never would have thought of mixing beer and clamato, or v8 or anthing for that matter other than vodka. pretty good stuff! (of course, I'd prefer it with a better beer.....)

RICHARD
05-15-2003, 06:52 PM
Speaking of drinks: my last trip to Canada (i go three or four times a year) i had coors and clamato for the first time. Never would have thought of mixing beer and clamato, or v8 or anthing for that matter other than vodka. pretty good stuff! (of course, I'd prefer it with a better beer.....)

I LOVE IT.......

my GF HATED when i did that.....i miss her so much, she made the BEST bloody marys...haven't had one since she passed...

budweiser.....i have tried it with other beers and ugh! this past
weekend i had a Tecate and TJ...ewwwwwwww.....
try bud- or even miller.....a pinch of salt and a twist...

should i go cut my hair or go home fix myself one and watch the game????

catland
05-15-2003, 06:56 PM
Richard - I'm so sorry about your GF.

RICHARD
05-15-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by catland
Richard - I'm so sorry about your GF.

thank you!
it was an amazing run-13 years! no complaints----
we started dating in grade school ;)

14 months.....almost time to put on some of her favorite music, pull out the pic albums and mix up a batch of Marys.........

here's a funny story about her.....she was in the bedroom getting some laundry together, she asked me to get some towels put of the bathroom, i walked down the hall and tossed a towel thru the door, just as i turned i heard this blood curdling scream!!!!!

"EDDIE!!!!!" (the cat.....) when i rushed into the room she was freaking out..... she thought the WHITE towel was the WHITE
cat, flying thru the air, smacking into the wall......

we laughed.....god, that was funny! you really can't be sad
when you have some good stuff like that to remember!

slick
05-15-2003, 07:10 PM
Must be a problem at the border. Never got my Caesar! Oh well, guess I'll have to go home and make myself one. I think I may have some olives so I'll do it up Richard-style. Here's to ya!

Gee, you learn something everyday. When I read the previous post I immediate thought GF was Grandfather. Sheesh. Sorry about your girlfriend. I was with my first boyfriend for 13 years before we broke up. I know it's not the same, but I still think of funny times and it does bring a smile to my face.

Soledad
05-15-2003, 07:13 PM
we laughed.....god, that was funny! you really can't be sad when you have some good stuff like that to remember!

That's so sweet. That's exactly how I'd want Sam to remember me...by the good times and laughs.

RICHARD
05-15-2003, 07:18 PM
Must be a problem at the border. Never got my Caesar! Oh well, guess I'll have to go home and make myself one. I think I may have some olives so I'll do it up Richard-style. Here's to ya!

hahahahah you read my mind just now...i was going thru the earlier messages and kinda cringed at the 'naked and alone'
tequila reference.....

green olives!!! skewer a few on a toothpick!!!

another good 'side' is a crisp dill pickle wedge!!! Claussen pickles
are pretty good....

your drinks are free next week!;)

babolaypo65
05-15-2003, 07:21 PM
I'll take her ceasar if you cant get it up there! Wouldn't want a perfectly good drink to go to waste!

RICHARD
05-15-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Soledad
That's so sweet. That's exactly how I'd want Sam to remember me...by the good times and laughs.

take pics, movies and remember the music...
but the best stuff is between your ears.

people,

the bar is closed,

gotta date with a basketball game and an eclipse..

sweet dreams and Miss Meow.....sorry, we are a little behind you guys!!

RICHARD
05-15-2003, 07:23 PM
Gee, you learn something everyday. When I read the previous post I immediate thought GF was Grandfather. Sheesh. Sorry about your girlfriend. I was with my first boyfriend for 13 years before we broke up. I know it's not the same, but I still think of funny times and it does bring a smile to my face.

maybe i did sleep with my grandfather, i may have just repressed the memories!!!

lolololol

thanks slick!!!:D

slick
05-15-2003, 07:23 PM
Richard, you're too funny. I love reading your posts.

Hmmmm, I'm feeling really adventurous today. Maybe I'll tuck a little umbrella on top with a lemon wedge, put on my tropical shirt and sit and listen to Marley!! Hay Man!!

mugsy
05-15-2003, 07:36 PM
Richard, you truly have a way with words....both funny and touching. What a talent! Have fun with the eclipse...I'll be dead to the world when that hits...I'm exhausted. Until next thursday night at the bar.....

Miss Meow
05-15-2003, 08:20 PM
take pics, movies and remember the music...
but the best stuff is between your ears.

people,

the bar is closed,

gotta date with a basketball game and an eclipse..

sweet dreams and Miss Meow.....sorry, we are a little behind you guys!!

That's OK, you guys get to drink and talk while I sleep it off ;)

Mugsy, I'm sorry about Baby. Thank goodness you have a wonderful vet who did a great job. Hope she's sleeping it off and recovers quickly.

iceyshiver21
05-15-2003, 08:28 PM
Cats flying through the air.....sleeping with grandfathers.....what an interesting night lol

zippy-kat
05-15-2003, 09:01 PM
Doncha guys think this bar needs a name? Suggestions anyone? :)

babolaypo65
05-15-2003, 09:06 PM
A name! Good idea!

iceyshiver21
05-15-2003, 09:40 PM
Its not creative but its better than what we call the bar here(varsity pub :rolleyes:) !!) but what about "Richard's"?? No very origonal but it was worth a try..

Miss Meow
05-15-2003, 10:49 PM
Thank God It's Thursday's ;)

marysmerrycats
05-16-2003, 01:21 AM
I'll have a vodka and orange juice... and then another. then I will try a white russian, not that I even remember what it is, but I know I liked it years ago... fix those up for me would ya Richard, and I will be back for them. thanks! :D

marysmerrycats
05-16-2003, 01:21 AM
and Im hungry, wheres the buffet?

Randi
05-16-2003, 04:04 AM
Now, how about a good healthy breakfast?
Cut various fresh fruit (bite size)

banana
pear
strawberry
melon
grapes (stonefree, or remove the stones)
passion fruit (scrape it out)
plum
rashberry
cherry (cut in half and remove stone)

Of course, you don't have to use all of these, just the ones you like and can get.

Now, pour all this into a bowl and pour yougurt naturel, stirred with a spoonful of honey, over it. Yum!! :p

marysmerrycats
05-16-2003, 04:46 AM
hey Richard , where are my drinks! aww I was hoping they would be ready:(
oh well I will go see whats left at the buffet... and Randi, the fruit sounds good, let's see I will have...banannas and strawberries, with the yogurt, mmm sounds good:)

Slave of 15 Dogs
05-16-2003, 06:23 AM
How about "Richard's Thursday Club" or "Club Pet Talk?"

iceyshiver21
05-16-2003, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by Slave of 15 Dogs

I like the first one! It says thursday right in it!

Cataholic
05-16-2003, 07:16 AM
Randi,
I am waiting on my breakfast!!!!

slick
05-16-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Slave of 15 Dogs

How about "Dickie's Drinkies"

catland
05-16-2003, 12:53 PM

:D :D :D

Logan
05-16-2003, 01:19 PM

Understand, before I say this, that I grew up in the South...deep south, and my first husband loved to hunt and fish. One of the little towns, outside of our hometown where they did a lot of hunting and fishing in the wee hours of the morning was called Mayesville. Still is! :o Anyway, they got the bright idea of having a morning cocktail, but instead of having a traditional Bloody Mary, they had a "Mayesville Mary", yep Bloody Mary mix with a Budweiser! I thought I would never hear of that anywhere else!!! :rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
05-16-2003, 01:57 PM
:D
That certainly has a ring to it. Or maybe it could be called "Here's Mud in your Eye! or "Chug a Lug! or "Bottom of the Glass!

catland
05-16-2003, 02:57 PM
or we could call it Rick's Place (from Casablanca). it sort of sounds like the Dog House - the refuge from other places in troubling times.

slick
05-16-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by catland
or we could call it Rick's Place (from Casablanca). it sort of sounds like the Dog House - the refuge from other places in troubling times.

Yeah, I like that one except let's call it Dick's Place. And if we don't visit Dick's Place soon, we'll regret it. Maybe not today but sometime soon and for the rest of our lives......

RICHARD
05-16-2003, 04:56 PM
wow,

my very own place!!

but i wasn thinking more along the lines of how our motley crew got together....Animals!

actually, we'll use the possessive form and call it - Animal's.

can we vote on it?

:D

the old line from groucho marx was, " I'd never join a club
that would have me as a member!"

....i'd never go to a place that was named after me!!!

lol!

Cataholic
05-16-2003, 05:01 PM
OKKKKK>>>>>

How about Richard's Ark?

slick
05-16-2003, 05:03 PM
Animals is good but I still vote for Dick's Place.

....where everybody know your name.......

kohala
05-16-2003, 05:42 PM
;) DICK'S ORIGINAL CAT HOUSE, LIZARD LOUNGE & DOG HOUSE DELI :p

mugsy
05-16-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by kohala
"Dick's Cat House,?

I think I'll leave that one well enough alone. And Ko, what exactly are you saying about the women on here anyway?? hehhee;)

kohala
05-16-2003, 05:49 PM
It's an animal theme, right?

I mean, Did I say, "Dick's Mustang Ranch"? Noooooooo

Actually, Look where everyone is - In Dick's Thursday Afternoon Dog House!!

momoffuzzyfaces
05-16-2003, 06:48 PM
Yeah, I like that one except let's call it Dick's Place. And if we don't visit Dick's Place soon, we'll regret it. Maybe not today but sometime soon and for the rest of our lives......
:D Ah, but sadly, the bar seems to only be open on Thursdays. Why is that, by the way?:D

babolaypo65
05-16-2003, 07:55 PM
I like Dick's.

Dick's dog house and lizard lounge.

Or Dick's Thursday Ark

RICHARD
05-17-2003, 03:09 PM
I like Dick's.

why do people insist on trying to get me in trouble??

:rolleyes:

walk away from the keyboard, richard.....turn and walk away.....

marysmerrycats
05-17-2003, 05:28 PM
Richard
maybe because it is so easily done? hehe:rolleyes:

Uabassoon
05-17-2003, 05:30 PM
I went to a bar and grill in San Antonio called Dick's. It was a strange place because the waiters were rude to you, and you could be rude to them. It was kind of fun to yell at your waiters.

babolaypo65
05-17-2003, 05:38 PM
If you would attend to punctuation richard... and note the apostrophe....
you would see that its a possessive.

(granted i posted it to bait ya!)

why do people insist on trying to get me in trouble??

:rolleyes:

walk away from the keyboard, richard.....turn and walk away.....

zippy-kat
05-17-2003, 05:42 PM
If you would attend to punctuation richard... and note the apostrophe....
you would see that its a possessive.

(granted i posted it to bait ya!)

uh-oh.... don't let our lawyer friend see that... isn't that entrapment? ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
05-17-2003, 07:14 PM
We could call the bar "The Pets' Pub" or PP for short! (Which is what ya want to do if you drink to much!):eek: :D

kohala
05-17-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
I went to a bar and grill in San Antonio called Dick's. It was a strange place because the waiters were rude to you, and you could be rude to them. It was kind of fun to yell at your waiters.

Was it called Dick's Last Resort? There's a place here called that, with the same action.

Cataholic
05-17-2003, 10:21 PM
uh-oh.... don't let our lawyer friend see that... isn't that entrapment? ;)

I LIKE DICKS!!!

Uabassoon
05-17-2003, 11:11 PM
I LIKE DICKS!!!

Once again, just way too easy. However I think I have no choice but to keep my keyboard quiet for this one.

Was it called Dick's Last Resort? There's a place here called that, with the same action.

Yup, that's the name of it.

oodlesofpoodles
05-17-2003, 11:59 PM
I have just read this whole thread and really needed a pick me up. I have laughed so hard my tummy hurts. Richard with this I will place my order for a Pina Colanda ( I like mine made with Ice Cream) rich and creamy. :)

marysmerrycats
05-18-2003, 01:20 AM
well here i am, this thread makes me feel better, made me laugh , I was trying to sort pics for the webshots album. and cassie just had to get right in my way, made me forget where I was with the pics, so forget that !

cataholic, you're hilarious!

Ua thats sounds like an interesting place, I wish they had one here! so, do you tip the waiters good after getting some very rude service? LOL
I think that kind of place would be fun.

I really don't like beer, but, on here, it sounds good with pizza!
what kind of pizza does everyone want? (dialing pizza place...)

oh and i like the name pets pub! with drinks named after cats and dogs etc. too much beer, do the bunny hop to the potty hehe!:p :p :D :D

kohala
05-18-2003, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by marysmerrycats
with drinks named after cats and dogs etc. too much beer, do the bunny hop to the potty hehe!:p :p :D :D

Oh, boy - More Fun!!
Tom Collie, anyone?

Guess I'll go with a Grasshopper :D

mugsy
05-18-2003, 05:58 AM
All right...calm down everyone!:D :D You guys are having ENTIRELY too much fun for a place that is supposed to be controversial! ;) lol.

Jo, I agree....way too easy.:p

marysmerrycats
05-18-2003, 07:51 AM
Tom Collie, anyone? LOL, that's a good one!

You guys are having ENTIRELY too much fun for a place that is supposed to be controversial! lol.

LOL..aren't we something? first we turn a friendly pet site into a controversial site , then in the controversial section, we turn it into fun!!LOL:eek: :rolleyes: :p ;) :D :D

momoffuzzyfaces
05-18-2003, 01:01 PM
LOL, that's a good one!
LOL..aren't we something? first we turn a friendly pet site into a controversial site , then in the controversial section, we turn it into fun!!LOL:eek: :rolleyes: :p ;) :D :D
LOL!!! I've never been very good at doing what everyone else thought I ought!

My cats want to know if they can order catnip tea? :D

RICHARD
05-18-2003, 01:46 PM
the zoo....

babo....

thanks! noticed the apostrophe. i remember that much about
punctuation;)

zippy,

entrapment???

i hope it's a HAVAHART (sp?) and not one of the those 'gnaw my leg off' jobs.......

mugs,

controversy is my middle....aw fergitaboutit!

mmc,

tom collie.....the hair of the dog that bit ya?

moff

one catnip tea....(it's sunday , my day off!!)

RICHARD
05-18-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by oodlesofpoodles
I have just read this whole thread and really needed a pick me up. I have laughed so hard my tummy hurts. Richard with this I will place my order for a Pina Colanda ( I like mine made with Ice Cream) rich and creamy. :)

welcome and done!

momoffuzzyfaces
05-18-2003, 01:54 PM
When I was little Dad would fix us what he called a Hot Toddy when we had bad colds. It was made with whisky, water, lemon and honey. That can become a Hot Toad-dy! I can't remember if they worked but I sure felt better!

Rich the cats say they can wait on the catnip tea. (We would need 3 rounds. They don't like to share). They were just wanting to know if they could order it when you are on duty.:D

RICHARD
05-18-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
When I was little Dad would fix us what he called a Hot Toddy when we had bad colds. It was made with whisky, water, lemon and honey. That can become a Hot Toad-dy! I can't remember if they worked but I sure felt better!

Rich the cats say they can wait on the catnip tea. (We would need 3 rounds. They don't like to share). They were just wanting to know if they could order it when you are on duty.:D

i'll do anything for the puss...

HA! i caught my self on that one!!!

just this once....three teas...done!

actually i came back from a self enforced ban on a thursday.....it kinda evolved on a semi-orderly free for all......
and this is what it's turned into- a controversial pub/diner/social club....it's fun and no hang overs, no possibility of a DUI and the most important part...everyone gets home happy, safe and sound.

(everyone loves a 'cyber drunk' the lampshades are safe, no one throws up and the clean up is a snap!)

the HOT TOADY remind me of the UNDERTOAD....from the book, the world according to garp......fantastic....

oh no, i feel a book club coming on!!!!

zippy-kat
05-18-2003, 03:06 PM
zippy,

entrapment???

babo said she baited you Dick's (*note appostrophe*)....

:o :D

babolaypo65
05-18-2003, 03:38 PM

the HOT TOADY remind me of the UNDERTOAD....from the book, the world according to garp......fantastic....

oh no, i feel a book club coming on!!!!

oh the undertoad.... what a great book. anything by john irving is... thus my pup OWEN.

marysmerrycats
05-18-2003, 04:19 PM
ooohh, book club, sounds good to me!

momoffuzzyfaces
05-19-2003, 11:48 AM
EVERYONE KEEP AN EYE ON RICHARD!:D
I just noticed he has 966 posts so will be hitting the big 1000 before too long. I can't do drinks but used to be a fry cook and can make a mean malt. So if I can borrow the keys to the pub: burgers and malts will be on me when he hits 1000. Just to give him a break!

Edwina's Secretary
05-19-2003, 11:59 AM
The World According to Garp, Dirty Dick's Last Resort (there is one in Chicago too) and the scene where the wife breaks off her illicit relationship (and something else too).....

This is getting to be a rowdy place!

RICHARD
05-19-2003, 12:32 PM
babo said she baited you Dick's (*note appostrophe*)....

:o :D

SIMPLY LOVELY!

i get out of one tangle just to get into another!

i guess i'm 'baited and breathless...

rowdy???

oh, oh.......

should we interview for a bouncer?

lbaker
05-19-2003, 01:52 PM
GODFREY DANIELS and drat drat drat :eek: my invitation to this party must have been lost in the email ;)Names? My husband & I had always talked about opening a bar/cafe called "The Durty Dawg Cafe". You said you didn't want your name in it Rich, but should you change your mind how about "Pour Richard's" [i know, ouch]Because we are all part owners (right?) I guess "Animal House" is too obvious. I'll have to think about this some more... maybe while I'm having an Irish Coffee.
Laurie

RICHARD
05-19-2003, 02:12 PM
and the scene where the wife breaks off her illicit relationship (and something else too).....

she was in the process of breaking the realtionship off, then found out she bit off more than she could chew.............ta dum..

L,

i think it's coming down to the shareholders to name this place!

moff-

why thank you! that's the reason this place will succeed!!!

teamwork!:)

zippy-kat
05-19-2003, 03:30 PM
It's not Thursday but it's been one helluva Monday...

May I please have a BIG piece of DARK(!!) CHOCOLATE??!!!
(and some sour gummie worms ... and new runnin' shoes... I'm gonna need 'em after this binge! lol)

RICHARD
05-19-2003, 03:45 PM

(and some sour gummie worms ... and new runnin' shoes... I'm gonna need 'em after this binge! lol)

psst,

hokay, done!

size on the shoes?????

is it o.k. for a woman to reveal her shoe size?

momoffuzzyfaces
05-19-2003, 03:50 PM

:D I must have been thinking about you. I had a Hershey's special dark chocolate bar earlier this afternoon. It was sure good! I have one left! Want me to send it to you? Course by the time it gets there it will be melted in this heat.:D

zippy-kat
05-19-2003, 03:57 PM
7 1/2 to 8 aidas preferably ;)

MOFF! :D Special Darks are the best! I stopped at my friends' flower/candy store and bought some praline fudge .... I'll send you some when the weather cools down! delicious!

Edwina's Secretary
05-19-2003, 03:58 PM
Oh, Zippy! I know that dark chocolate need. Yesterday I had such an urge for dark chocolate. (The only chocolate I like.) I was out of the dark chocolate covered graham crackers from Starbuck's. I couldn't find so much as a crumb of chocolate in the house until I remembered.....the present I brought Edwina from London....

I ate it.....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p7a31b0a0341bb46b7ca44bff82cffe49/fc3b8a2c.jpg

zippy-kat
05-19-2003, 04:02 PM
Dark Chocolate is the bestest!

VERY lovely (and VERY TASTEY from the looks of it) chocolate kitty, Miz Edwina's Sec.! Too cute! :D

Randi
05-19-2003, 04:18 PM
I just had a dark chocolade Bar - uhmm! Also my favourite. :) OMG, I hear that is what most old people like. :eek:

I would love to send you some of home made chocolade truffles!! :p

But .... isn't this the time of year when we all want to go slimming!! :eek:

Oh, you probably all know vanilla fudge!? On the flight back from Spain, they had some delicious "Licorice fudge" - Anthon Berg. They were nearly sold out whey came to my seat, (only row 10!) but I managed to get one. ;)

It must so new that it's not even on their site yet.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-19-2003, 04:31 PM
Oh, Zippy! I know that dark chocolate need. Yesterday I had such an urge for dark chocolate. (The only chocolate I like.) I was out of the dark chocolate covered graham crackers from Starbuck's. I couldn't find so much as a crumb of chocolate in the house until I remembered.....the present I brought Edwina from London....

I ate it.....
:D LOL!!! Poor Edwina! She goes off partying and you eat her present! I would have done the same thing. We won't tell on you! You can tell her it ran away!

catland
05-19-2003, 04:40 PM
mmmm - chocolate.

chocolate peanut clusters - delicious.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-19-2003, 05:19 PM
I think we'll need to ask that our pub be well stocked with an assortment of chocolate!!!:D

zippy-kat
05-19-2003, 05:45 PM
I think this bar also needs a special room reserved for a massage therapist....

preferably male, tall, sun-tanned, muscular, ... ;)

Cincy'sMom
05-19-2003, 06:18 PM

preferably male, tall, sun-tanned, muscular, ... ;) :D :D

catland
05-19-2003, 06:51 PM
soon we'll all be saying - TGITh.

kohala
05-19-2003, 08:37 PM

mmmmmmmmmmmmmeOW!:D :cool:

lizbud
05-19-2003, 09:16 PM
Moff's quote:,

"LOL!!! Poor Edwina! She goes off partying and you eat her present! I would have done the same thing. We won't tell on you! You can tell her it ran away!"

I can't believe you ate Edwina's bunny. :eek:
I'm gonna tell Ms Edwina. Does she open her own mail?
Funny, you think you know somebody, then WHAM. :D :D

Zippy-kat,

I love your suggestion.:)

iceyshiver21
05-19-2003, 10:15 PM
I can't believe you ate Edwina's bunny.
I'm gonna tell Ms Edwina. Does she open her own mail?
Funny, you think you know somebody, then WHAM.

LOL!!

**Did we ever get a name for this place??

***Wow been a long week....finding lost kitties...work...end of school nearing.... cant wait till thursday!

****970...we're watching you Rich! Beware.....

marysmerrycats
05-20-2003, 01:43 AM
hey how about the name..Thursdays! LOL it's the name of the thread, how about that for the name of the place?;)

ok even though it's only Monday, can I have a wine cooler?
and some nachos or, pretzels?:)

Nomilynn
05-20-2003, 02:05 AM

Ok.. now I wanna get in on this too!!!!

Mary - I like Thursday's. Simple, to the point :D

And I'll reserve a Bellini (did I spell that right? I suppose I won't care after I've drank it) and a massage with one of the therapists Zippy hired.. ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
05-20-2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by iceyshiver21
LOL!!

****970...we're watching you Rich! Beware.....
Rich said I could borrow the keys to the pub if he should reach 1000 on a day other than Thursday. If he hits on a Thursday, I'll still take over the grill to give him a break. So the burgers and malts are on. I may serve beer in the rear chicken (for adults only, sorry) too. I'll post the menu when he gets a little closer to 1000.:D

zippy-kat
05-20-2003, 12:19 PM
mmm... I need ideas for lunch!

I spent all wkend by our pool and now I'm wearing a sweater and FREEZING!!! How does that happen?! lol

catland
05-20-2003, 12:34 PM
I also like calling the place "Thursdays" since Richard is too modest and humble to allow us to name the place after him.

Regarding weather - you never can tell can you. Zippy is freezing in New Mexico and we're finally going to get our first really nice week of weather up here - in the high 70's by Friday, just so it can cool off for our three day weekend.

:eek:

babolaypo65
05-20-2003, 01:48 PM
ahh man zippy if you think YOURE freezing... actually I just checked the weather channel. we are about the same. Its quite a change! its still in the 50s! and the wind is terrible....

zippy-kat
05-20-2003, 03:13 PM
:D It's nice to have a neighbor who can sympathize! lol

There's another NMexican on the board... Cougie Wechsler. Haven't seen/heard her lately, though. :( Hope everything is ok, Cougie!

Random thought -- is there a state that doesn't have a registered Pet Talker?

mugsy
05-20-2003, 05:07 PM
I'm looking at weatherbug right now and it's 58 degrees at 5 in the afternoon. I think I'll get a sweatshirt before I go back to school.

marysmerrycats
05-20-2003, 07:47 PM
sweatshirt. give me a break!! its HOT here!! LOL I can't believe theres places where people still need SWEATSHIRTS !!!
I'm coming there lol:rolleyes:

mugsy
05-20-2003, 09:16 PM
Trust me...I'm not complaining. It's 55 now. I wish it would stay like this all summer. That would be so great. I could NOT live where you live....WAY too hot.

marysmerrycats
05-20-2003, 09:25 PM
Molly
you ain't kiddin! lol. waaaay toooo hot, and it hasn't even really started yet!:rolleyes:

marysmerrycats
05-20-2003, 09:31 PM
well if Im going to be hot, I might as well be hot, Im going to the jacuzzi... with a wine cooler or 2

mugsy
05-20-2003, 09:39 PM
My eyelids are going to be meeting here very shortly!! 5 more days of the little darlin's and I'm home free for 2 1/2 months! lol

iceyshiver21
05-20-2003, 09:47 PM
I got two weeks of school left....my brothers have four days :( I hate my school....I love the teachers though..Im gonna miss them

Cincy'sMom
05-21-2003, 05:29 AM
sweatshirt. give me a break!! its HOT here!! LOL I can't believe theres places where people still need SWEATSHIRTS !!!
I'm coming there lol:rolleyes:

I'll swap places with ya!!!