PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Idol

slleipnir
05-14-2003, 09:43 PM
Wow, lol..no one is ever going to watch that without Simon, but anywho. 3 ppl (atleast) that I know from my school are going to try out..I think it's pretty cool cause one of them is always singing at events and such and is REALLY good..she even got the lead female role in the school play we had last week. I think it would be neat if someone from here made it kinda far atleast, cause it's so small and nothing ever happens here :x Anyone else know anyone trying out?

babolaypo65
05-14-2003, 09:52 PM
how fun! which station? cbc?

Crikit
05-14-2003, 11:38 PM
I know a girl from work tired out and made it to the actual judges but I don't know how she did after that. But you're right it won't be the same without Simon, you just know the judges won't be mean enough...they'll be well to Canadian :D ;)

And what's with Sass Jordan as the judge? I know the name but can't remember anything she's done. Jann Arden, now there would have been a good judge.

Oh and it's on CTV, Canada's other major network.

HoRsELUvR
05-15-2003, 02:57 PM
thats cool about your friend Crikit.good luck to the people from your school,slleipnir.

bluekat
05-15-2003, 04:49 PM
I really hope that someone I know will win. My sister has some friends that are going, and my friend's sister and some of her friends are going too. BTW, Simon is really not going to be there? Because my friend told me he might go. Do you know who the judges are?
Good luck to your friends!

Crikit
05-15-2003, 06:47 PM
From what I understand Simon isn't going to be at the Canadian one, I think he has to go back to Britain and do the next season of the British version. The judges we get are Sass Jordan, and three people from the Canadian recording industry.

primabella
05-15-2003, 07:06 PM
A friend of mine tried out. He's even on the commercial :p

He sings Goo Goo Dolls songs really well. He made it to the second round and then the judges said, "Your not exactly what we're looking for" He got so upset he said, "Well maybe what your looking for is the wrong thing" Yikes :eek: Heehee. I still believe he can make it far. He's got a great voice. :)

slleipnir
05-15-2003, 08:33 PM
I'm pretty sure if Simon was a judge they'd show it so ppl would be like oh, cool! I gotta watch..

Thats really cool prima :D I'll have to look out for that next time :D I don't know about 2 of the ppl from my school, but one didn't make it..:(