PDA

View Full Version : Food for Thought

zippy-kat
09-03-2001, 11:07 PM
Hey guys...

The kitty's site, Peaceful Purrs, has just been updated 9/2. I know this is the doggie board, but I thought you might be interested b/c the new addition is a page against animal abuse (horses, dogs, etc).

Please take a look.
Food for Thought: Animal Abuse (http://www.geocities.com/peaceful_purrs/Abuse.html)

Thanks!!

OHHH--and for some reason I couldn't get the 'Duchess' link to work...still trying to fix that problem. :rolleyes:

yorkster
09-03-2001, 11:36 PM
Thank-you zippy kat for posting that. I had to stop reading it for awhile because it was so upsetting. I did not know that about Iams pet food, and now that I do I won't be using it. I just don't understand how so many humans can be so cruel to animals.

zippy-kat
09-04-2001, 12:06 AM
There was a discussion about the Iams company on another post...I'll have to see if I can find it...maybe Iam's is not as bad as it seems?! Dunno... :confused:

I *BEG* anyone who takes or knows someone who takes the drug Premarin to read the links! THERE ARE NATURAL ALTERNATIVES!!! (I did a 30 min presentation on this issue for one of my classes...anyone who has a question, feel free to ask...if I don't know the answer, I WILL find out for you!) My mom took Premarin until I presented the facts(and BEGGED!) her to seek an alternative. So far, she's doing GREAT on the new pill!

As far as the Dog/Cat fur trade is concerned, 20/20 (or maybe 48 hrs?) aired an episode on that. :mad: Unbelievable.

Daisy's Mom
09-04-2001, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the site, Tonya! It's just so upsetting. Why and how could anyone be able to hurt an innocent little animal and then live with the guilt? I know I couldn't. There must be some kind of mental problem in them or something... it's just so sickening.