PDA

View Full Version : Test night

Cincy'sMom
05-14-2003, 03:55 PM
Tonight is Spot's final "Advanced Family Manners" class. he has a test he has to pass in order to go on to any more classes. This is the same class Sadie passed last summer and Cincy last fall. Wish us luck!!!

Also, Ellie, who was fostered by Leslie (AdoreMyDogs) late last year is in Spot's class and will be taking the test too! Good Luck Ellie!!!

primabella
05-14-2003, 04:54 PM
G*O*O*D*L*U*C*K to both Ellie and Spot! :D Let us know how it goes :)

Dogz
05-14-2003, 04:58 PM
GOOD LUCK to Ellie and Spot!
I agree with primabella, I can't wait to see how it goes!:D

Cinder & Smoke
05-14-2003, 05:12 PM
Gud Luck
to Spot an Ellie
on yer *Test*!!! :D

Hey Spotty ~
Did they covur *HUMPIN* inna klass?
Wunder if that's where ya learned to do it so gud? :p

Dad jest sed :eek: !
Claimz he dont knowe us :o enniemore! :p

ChrisH
05-14-2003, 05:41 PM
Good luck Spot and Ellie!:)

binka_nugget
05-14-2003, 06:39 PM
Hope all goes well! Update us after the test! Can't wait to hear

Uabassoon
05-14-2003, 06:41 PM
Good Luck!

lizbud
05-14-2003, 06:46 PM
Best of Luck to Spot and Ellie. I know you'll do great.:) :)

MaxandSpike'sMom
05-14-2003, 08:06 PM
Good Luck Ellie and Spot!!! Keep us posted on the outcome!!!

Cincy'sMom
05-14-2003, 09:07 PM
THEY BOTH PASSED!!! Yeah pups!!! Thanks for the well wishes everyone!!! Actually everyone in the class passed (although a few had to try a few things twice) Question is what next? Not sure yet what way we are going to go with Spot.

[SIZE=1]Spot here, Dad says I should tell ya, der waz no humpin' part of da test, but he tinks I would have passed dat part da best in da class!

Kater
05-14-2003, 09:34 PM
YAY! :D CONGRATULATIONS SPOT & ELLIE!!!! :) :) :)

anna_66
05-14-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
THEY BOTH PASSED!!!

Spot here, Dad says I should tell ya, der waz no humpin' part of da test, but he tinks I would have passed dat part da best in da class!
Congratulations!!!
Glad to hear they passed, I'm not a bit surprised:D

And as for the humping, I'm sure Spot would have been best in class too;)

4 Dog Mother
05-15-2003, 08:53 AM
Congratulations, Spot and Ellie - and Amy and Ralph. Someone has to be working with those dogs or they wouldn't be passing those tests. I don't think any of mine would. Pass another dog without trying to get to it - no way! Come when there is all kinds of toys, even some making great noises, no way. Walking on a leash like they are in a race and need to cross the finish line first, no way!

lovemyshiba
05-15-2003, 09:49 AM
Congratulations Spot and Ellie!!!!!!!:D :D :D

ChrisH
05-15-2003, 10:45 AM
Congratulations Spot and Ellie! :)

ramanth
05-15-2003, 11:19 AM
CONGRATULATIONS SPOT AND ELLIE!!! :D

What!? No pics!? :eek:

And Phred... your pups are SOOOO funny!!! :D

tatsxxx11
05-15-2003, 11:35 AM
Yay, Spot and Ellie!!:) I'll bet you two were the star pupils!!

I'm not sure if Advanced Family Manners is the same as Advanced Obedience...Around here, Advanced Obedience involves many of the same commands as basic, but totally off leash.

If it's the same, how about going for their CGC's?? (It's a "title" awarded by the AKC, Canine Good Citizen and is open to all breeds and mixes) Most training facilities hold these classes periodically! It's not TOO difficult; involves a lot of meet and greet between other humans and dogs and it's fun! Having that title allows you and Spot or Cincy or Sadie to do visits at many nursing homes, etc. It sounds as though your class is very similar to CGC class! Onward!!!!!!!!:D

AKC/CGC Program (http://www.akc.org/love/cgc/index.cfm)

Cincy'sMom
05-15-2003, 03:26 PM
Thanks again everyone!!

Cincy has passed the CGC/TDI test and began doing some visits last month ( Actaully, I am now in charge of our local Therapy Dog unit Newsletter) That test is a little more advanced then this one, but not too bad. We are trying to find a time to take Sadie and Spot through the class to give them exposure to wheelchairs, walkers, etc. before they take the test. Hopefully we can do it this summer!

Cisco's Mom
05-15-2003, 06:22 PM
WOW!! Taht is just absolutely cool!!!:cool: Ya'll keep up all the excellent work.:)

MaxandSpike'sMom
05-17-2003, 07:31 PM
Congratulations on a job well done!

Glad to hear that Cincy is bringing joy to many who are in a Nursing Home. I have always wanted to do that with Max. I think he would have made a great therapy dog, however, he is too old now (15). The closest class for a theapy dog is over 2 hours away (at least the only one I could find at that time).

I am still very interested in doing Dog Therapy, though, I think it is a wonderful thing. I recently went back to school for Sports Medicine/Cardiac Rehab and I hope someday to incorporate dog therapy into that.

If it's not too much trouble Can you tell me where I can find some information on Dog Therapy in PA? I have checked the internet but so far all I have been able to find was what they needed to be able to do to pass the test. Thanks.

Rachel
05-17-2003, 07:55 PM
Congratulations to our two on their new titles. I think Leslie will shed a tear of joy when she hears about her Ellie. And Spot, you are off and running with many accomplishments to come, I'm sure. What ya think, this was going to be a lot of laying around on the couch? NOT! The signature picture is a bit misleading. This is a bunch of movers and shakers to be sure.

KYS
05-17-2003, 09:53 PM
Woo Woo Woo!!! Congrates for a job well done! :D

Cincy'sMom
05-18-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by MaxandSpike'sMom

If it's not too much trouble Can you tell me where I can find some information on Dog Therapy in PA? I have checked the internet but so far all I have been able to find was what they needed to be able to do to pass the test. Thanks.

I don't know if this list is all inclusive, or if there is anything here near you, but here is a start. If none of these help, you may try the Therapy Dog Home Page...TDI (http://www.tdi-dog.org/)

PENNSYLVANIA
Lehigh Valley K-9 Therapy Association
Chapter 100 of Therapy Dogs International, Inc.
P.O. Box 208
Nazareth, PA 18064
(610) 759-2141
Patti Merlo, Director email to: [email protected]

Lehigh Valley K-9 Therapy Association was founded in February 1995. We visit nursing homes, assisted living facilities and specialized centers to provide emotional therapy and bring a smile to those we meet. All visits are done on a volunteer basis and can be arranged as part of a group scheduled visit or on an individual basis. Lehigh Valley K-9 Therapy also attends local community events to heighten the community's awareness about therapy dogs' existence and what an important role they have at the facilities they visit. If you enjoy making people smile, if your dog is friendly, outgoing and can pass the AKC's Canine Good Citizen Test and Therapy Dogs International temperament test, we need you and your dog too! Contact us to take your dog...for more than just a walk!

K's K-9 Therapy Dog Group
4 Sycamore Circle
Lititz, PA 17543-8744
717 627-3586
email:[email protected]

Bi-weekly visits with dogs to 4 area nursing homes in the Lititz, Lancaster County area of Pennsylvania. Kay Melchi is a tester/observer for Therapy Dogs Incorporated.

Lebanon County Kennel Club
Sally Henry (contact person)
717-273-8612

Weekly visits with dogs to nursing homes and VA hospital in the Lebanon County, Pennsylvania area. Alternate between afternoon and evening visits. Sally Henry is a tester/observer for Therapy Dogs Incorporated.

Comfort Caring Canines Therapy Dogs, Inc.
8135 Lare St. Philadelphia PA 19128
(800) 331-4199
Bob Turino, President
email: [email protected]

Comfort Caring Canines is a dedicated group of volunteers who share the love of their trained and tested therapy dogs with others. Handler/dog teams must pass our two-part temperament and obedience test. Then our members decide when and where they want to visit, alone or with a group. We cover Southeastern Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware.

Pals For Life
939 Radnor Road
Wayne, PA 19087
(610)687-1101
email: [email protected]

Pals For Life volunteers do pet therapy visits to nursing homes, mental health facilities and rehab centers throughout the Philadelphia region. We also do education programs at schools and daycare centers in the area. All pets are temperament tested before doing any of our programs.

Pleasure of Your Company Therapy Dogs
P.O. Box 3082
Allentown, PA 18106-0082
Contacts:
Barbara Ellis, 610-682-7784, [email protected]
Tina Schondorfer, 610-437-5972, [email protected]

Pleasure of Your Company Therapy Dogs, Inc. (PoYC), a Pennsylvania Domestic Nonprofit Corporation, is a relatively small therapy dog group with fewer than 20 members at the present time. It was formed in 1999 when members of a larger, multi-state therapy dog organization decided that they needed more control of their rules and procedures. Founding members also wanted to form an organization that is more responsive to the needs of the Lehigh Valley and surrounding area. Member-handler/dog teams make regularly scheduled an organization that is more responsive to the needs of the Lehigh Valley and surrounding area. Member-handler/dog teams make regularly scheduled visits to a variety of nursing homes and hospitals, especially in the greater Allentown and Bethlehem area. PoYC provides insurance for all authorized member-handler/dog teams during their therapy dog activities, and will assist members in setting up visits to the facilities of their choice.

HAPPY TAILS THERAPY DOGS
Pat Shaeffer TDI-T/O
126 Skylite Drive
Hanover, PA 17331-9660
717-637-6013
email [email protected]

Happy Tails is a newly formed club that covers York & Adams Counties in PA and Carroll County in Maryland. We visit nursing homes and schools and rehab centers as well as special requests to private homes. We are affliated with Therapy Dogs, Inc. and have 2 tester/observors to help you register your dog to turn tears into smiles.

K-9 Partners: Therapy Dog, Support Dog & Service Dog Training
505 Timber Lane
Jefferson Hills, PA 15025
(412) 384-2677
Contact Person: Lynn D. Hoover, LICSW
E-Mail: [email protected]

K-9 Partners is a professional organization dedicated to providing training/education, certification and support for Therapy, Support & Service Dog Teams. We also help with the assessment and/or selection of dogs destined to serve. We facilitate referrals of Therapy Dog Teams to a variety of area facilities for visitations - nursing homes, mental health facilities, rehab. and other care centers. Our motto is: "To Serve with Love is Perfect Freedom".

MaxandSpike'sMom
05-18-2003, 09:43 AM
Thank you so much for the information.
The closest one is approximately 5 hours. But I am going to contact each one and maybe they will know of something closer. Or help me.

Thanks Again :D