PDA

View Full Version : The Dumb Question Thread

wolf_Q
05-14-2003, 12:02 PM
This is a thread for questions......ANY topic. Just things you've never dared ask, or maybe questions that you didn't think were worthy of their own thread. ;) Not necessarily dumb questions either!

My question of the day:

Somebody just told me this, and I was wondering if it was true. Does wal-mart really only sell edited cds?

RICHARD
05-14-2003, 12:10 PM
from what i understand, walmart has taken an anti 'smut; stand too!

from the cerebrally challenged...

why are green olives packed in glass and black olive in cans..
never the other way around??

Cookiebaker
05-14-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

from the cerebrally challenged...

why are green olives packed in glass and black olive in cans..
never the other way around??

I guess I'm cerebrally challanged, too, because I have *always* wondered this!!!!! I would love to find out why!!!

Great thread, Amy!! Are you familiar with the book "Imponderables"? Its full of life's mystery questions and answers all kinds of questions like these.

zippy-kat
05-14-2003, 01:41 PM
:D :D CUTE thread, Amy!!

I wanna know why there are never enough buns in a pkg -- or why there are too many hotdogs/turkeydogs in a pkg.

And why are there 13 in a baker's dozen? For taste-testing purposes?

Randi
05-14-2003, 01:53 PM
.... why are green olives packed in glass and black olive in cans... never the other way around??
But they're not!! At least not the Spanish ones with anchovies. :D

My dump question: What is pkg?

Kfamr
05-14-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Randi
But they're not!! At least not the Spanish ones with anchovies. :D

I'm guessing pkg = Package.

Randi
05-14-2003, 02:04 PM
Kfamr! Thanks, you're probably right. ;)

RICHARD
05-14-2003, 02:09 PM

psst,
randi, i think you mean dumb!

pkg means

pretty,
kind
gal..............

zippy-kat
05-14-2003, 02:12 PM
well, now... if PKG is pretty, kind gal, it sure makes the following an interesting statement....! :eek: :D

Originally posted by zippy-kat
I wanna know why there are never enough buns in a pkg -- or why there are too many hotdogs/turkeydogs in a pkg.

pkg = package! thanks kayann! ;)

05-14-2003, 02:12 PM
ahum, isn't it: " per kilogram" ?

Why do doors in America open the other way than in Belgium? ?
Here you have to "pull", in America, you have to "push"... . In my opinion the American way is the better one!;)

Edwina's Secretary
05-14-2003, 02:19 PM
Lut....here doors are suppose to open out....fire code...so that in an emergency exiting is easier -- particularly in a crowded building!

Cheshirekatt
05-14-2003, 02:27 PM
Here's mine:

Why do you drive in a parkway but park in a driveway? :confused:

Randi
05-14-2003, 02:35 PM
psst,
randi, i think you mean dumb!
Oh dear, oh dear - I DO mean dumb! - I'm only danish. ;)

pkg means

pretty,
kind
gal..............
However, I don't believe the above - you're pulling my leg!!

Cinder & Smoke
05-14-2003, 02:42 PM
And why are there 13 in a baker's dozen?
For taste-testing purposes?
:confused:

:D

baker's dozen, noun.

Thirteen (instead of twelve).
The term came into use during a period when there were heavy penalties for selling short weight.
Bakers would therefore supply an extra quantity of loaves to avoid the risk of a fine.

Bibliography
1 Ebenezer Brewer and Adrian Room.
Brewer's Dictionary of Phrase and Fable.
Cassell & Co, 16th edition, 1999.
----------------------------------
From: http://www.cenius.net/ (http://www.cenius.net/refer/display.php?ArticleID=bakersdozen)

My GranMom always kept a cookie jar full of *Fresh* plain cake donuts in her pantry. If the Baker himself had waited on Grammy, there were ALWAYS 13 in the bag! :) I once asked if he couldn't *count*? She said "No, that's his way of *thanking* me for being a good customer." ;)
An poor ole #13 never made it into the cookie jar! :D

RICHARD
05-14-2003, 02:46 PM
well, now... if PKG is pretty, kind gal, it sure makes the following an interesting statement....! :eek: :D

leave it to me.......ain't headed in THAT direction!

slleipnir
05-14-2003, 02:54 PM
Hah, I like this thread :) I know I have a stupid question in here somewhere I just haven't thought of yet ;)

RICHARD
05-14-2003, 03:08 PM
why is the school crossing stenciled on the road as 'school x ing???????'

Cheshirekatt
05-14-2003, 03:12 PM
why is the school crossing stenciled on the road as 'school x ing???????'

X marks the spot? Maybe there's treasure under there.......

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-14-2003, 03:37 PM
heres a brain teaser, or maybe just to make you laugh

If you arrest a Mime, do you have to tell him he has the right to remain silent?

RICHARD
05-14-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by ILoveMyAbbyGirl
heres a brain teaser, or maybe just to make you laugh

If you arrest a Mime, do you have to tell him he has the right to remain silent?

or

when a tow truck breaks down, who gets called????

Cincy'sMom
05-14-2003, 04:05 PM
Someone told my mom that only male schaunzers can be black. Sounds sotra unlikely to me, but I wondered if anyone else has ever heard this?

bluekat
05-14-2003, 04:24 PM
Can't answer your question, don't know much about Schnauzers, just know that my mom loves black ones.
I love this thread, I had so many stupid questions before, but just can't think of one now.

HoRsELUvR
05-14-2003, 04:44 PM
same here bluekat.i have lots of dumb questions i cant recall.this is a great thread.the next time i remember my dumb questions or any questions i will post them.

Uabassoon
05-14-2003, 06:33 PM
If your bald what do they put for hair color on your drivers liscence? Do they write bald or go buy your eyebrow color?

Cookiebaker
05-14-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
If your bald what do they put for hair color on your drivers liscence? Do they write bald or go buy your eyebrow color?
*lolol* that's so funny!!!! I never thought about it before!!

slleipnir
05-14-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon

lmao, thats funny, I saw that on a commersial once and wondered the same hehe

primabella
05-14-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
lmao, thats funny, I saw that on a commersial once and wondered the same hehe

Saw the same commercial :D:D

Kfamr
05-14-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
Someone told my mom that only male schaunzers can be black. Sounds sotra unlikely to me, but I wondered if anyone else has ever heard this?

Well.. we have a black female pet talked here!
http://dogoftheday.com/archive/2001/March/23.jpg

popcornbird
05-14-2003, 08:48 PM
Funny. I'm always driving my family crazy my asking dumb questions, and now when I have the chance, no dumb question comes to mind. :rolleyes:

Fuzzy317
05-14-2003, 09:04 PM
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a "Tootsie Roll" candy ?

Cincy'sMom
05-14-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr

i didn't think that color wouldbe quite so genetically linked. Thanks for the picture to prove it wrong :)

anna_66
05-14-2003, 10:08 PM
our next door neighbor also has 2 black females (mother & daughter) in fact she (momma) had 3 black females & 1 black male:D

wolf_Q
05-14-2003, 10:17 PM
My sister's schnauzer is black, and she's a female....:)

Somehow color must be linked though, because its *very* rare for a calico cat to be male.

p.s. Tonya what you said about pkg and your statement just about had me in tears LMAO! :D

wolfsoul
05-14-2003, 10:52 PM
Somehow color must be linked though, because its *very* rare for a calico cat to be male.

I have a book about calicos and tortis, and it says that if one is a male that it has a genetic defect :eek:

I have a stupid question lol

Why did the word "bitch" pertaining to a female dog, suddenly turn into a bad word? Personally, I don't believe that female dogs are that hard to live with...except Timber..

shais_mom
05-14-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom

I would say NO b/c look at Miss Daisy of the Daisy and Perry fame.
Ms Jackiedaisy's Daisy is black.

shais_mom
05-14-2003, 11:23 PM

sorry KayAnn, answered before I saw your post!
:o

shais_mom
05-14-2003, 11:26 PM
This might be just my place of work, and It might just be a pet Peeve not a dumb question. But as I work in a small hospital why is it if people get lost or turned around And you ask them if they need help they get nasty? Excuse me I know where I am going and apparently you don't!

shais_mom
05-14-2003, 11:27 PM
If someone is on a major Highway Like I75, and the Speed Limit signs say
70mph
55mph
or something like that
can a person get a ticket if they tell the officer that they just added the numbers together?

kingrattus
05-15-2003, 12:10 AM
I couldn't think of any stupid questions, so I posted stupid questions I get asked.

ok I work at a post office & the one question that I get a little too often is, what do I do with this? & they're holding a stamp :mad: :mad: :mad:

I swear to god my face must turn red every time I get asked that. I understand if its a kid or a person not from around here, but come one white people!! white people in suits r the worst! they ask the stupidest questions, that all canadian/us people.

please sign the clear window means: Sign ur damn name... grrrr

please fill out this customs slip (it asks 3 little questions).. poeple say: what do I do with this? Do I have to fill out this part?

AHHHHHHHHHH...

Twisterdog
05-15-2003, 12:26 AM

That's not true. Color is not related to sex in schnauzers ... or in any dog that I'm aware of. I groom several black, female schnauzers. Some colors/patterns of cats are linked to sex ... i.e. female calicos.

Here's my dumb question:

A chicken or duck or whatever lays a certain number of eggs before they begin to set on them. This is called a "clutch" of eggs. Let's say the size of the clutch is 26 eggs ... so the bird lays an egg every day for 26 days, but it doesn't set on the eggs until they are all laid. So ... for almost a month, the eggs are just laying there in the nest. The temperature can vary a lot depending on where this is .... over 100 degrees to below freezing at night. So ... after the 26th day, the bird sets on the eggs and all the babies hatch weeks later, right? Why don't the eggs get rotten or go bad during those days before the bird starts to set on them? And all the eggs hatch the same day, basically. So the babies inside only start to grow once the bird starts setting on them? What happens before? They just sit there in suspended animation? Creepy!!!!!!

kingrattus
05-15-2003, 12:30 AM
wow, never thought of that :eek:

anna_66
05-15-2003, 07:57 AM
Mind you, I'm a waitress so I get asked alot of dumb questions:rolleyes:

What are crunchy fried oysters?
Well duh...their just what they say "crunchy fried oysters"!

4 Dog Mother
05-15-2003, 08:09 AM
I worked in a Catholic Church Parish Office for 16 years and two of the dumb questions we were asked were:

What time is midnight Mass?

and for those who didn't want to attend an entire Mass on Ash Wednesday,

What time are they putting the ashes on?

Logan
05-15-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by anna_66

What are crunchy fried oysters?
Well duh...their just what they say "crunchy fried oysters"!

We were at Red Lobster the other night for dinner, and I was so happy to see "Crunchy Fried Oysters" on the menu, finally!! :) I didn't eat any though. Are they good, Anna???

Randi
05-15-2003, 09:14 AM
If 7-11 is open 24 hours a day, all year around, why do they have a lock on their door?

Cheshirekatt
05-15-2003, 09:57 AM
Ok stupid question I get at work. I'm a hairdresser...this is the situation. I've dyed my brown hair blonde and have some grow out. The client will then ask me why I dye my roots brown. Huh? People seem to think their hair grows from the ends, not the scalp.

lovemyshiba
05-15-2003, 10:00 AM
If 7-11 is open 24 hours a day, all year around, why do they have a lock on their door?

I've often wondered that--all 24 hour convenience stores have locks--why?????????

And, like Anna, I get asked tons of dumb questions at work. Every weekend, we have seafood specials. The seafood gets flown in so it's fresh, and we have scallops, mussels, crabcakes, and salmon. The special starts on Friday, and Saturday, and if there are some left, it continues til Sunday. We have a "special board' where they are all written. It is unbelievable the amount of people who come in on Sunday for dinner, read the special on the board (last week it was chicken marsala, for example), and then ask for the salmon. And these are all people who come here all the time, apparently they think we have a secret salmon stash somewhere:rolleyes:

slleipnir
05-15-2003, 10:01 AM
My bro's friend worked as a computer question answer thingie for phone ins..and he once got someone call in asking why their comp wouldn't work..like 'is it on' yes, it's on..and a bunch more till 'is it plugged in' and he answer no, we don't have power. or something...appearintly it actually happened lol :x

RICHARD
05-15-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
The seafood gets flown in so it's fresh, and we have scallops, mussels, crabcakes, and salmon.

come on,

everyone knows that seafood doesn't fly........it swims!!!!
;)

slick
05-15-2003, 12:22 PM
OK. Here's my dumb question for the day.

What the heck does LMAO and ROTFL and ROFLMAO mean????

It took me months to figure out LOL was Laugh Out Loud. Please help out a poor old aging woman from the 60's. (ooooo I just had a flashback!)

RICHARD
05-15-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by slick
OK. Here's my dumb question for the day.

It took me months to figure out LOL was Laugh Out Loud. Please help out a poor old aging woman from the 60's. (ooooo I just had a flashback!)

laugh my ass off
rol on the floor laughing
and
roll on the floor laugh my ass off

pssst,
here's some really good flashback, don't bogart! o.k.??

Cinder & Smoke
05-15-2003, 12:31 PM
:confused:

LMAO = "Laffin My A$$ Off!"

ROTFL = "Rollin On the Floor, Laffin!"

ROFLMAO = "Rollin On Floor, Laffin My A$$ Off!"

:D

slick
05-15-2003, 12:43 PM
Far Out!!! Thanks guys. Showing my age?? Never.

Richard: remember "don't have a cow, man"

Andie
05-15-2003, 01:23 PM
Why can't all of life's problems hit us when we're teenagers and know everything? ;) :D

JGuitaristR
05-15-2003, 01:31 PM
My dumb question...... ah.......... I think I've gone stupid..... what does "feral" mean?

Randi
05-15-2003, 01:32 PM
Uhh Richard, dont Bogart!! ARE you from before the sixties??

Cheshirekatt
05-15-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by JGuitaristR
My dumb question...... ah.......... I think I've gone stupid..... what does "feral" mean?

Feral means wild. Like cats that have never had much human contact.

RICHARD
05-15-2003, 02:02 PM
Uhh Richard, dont Bogart!! ARE you from before the sixties??

actually, yes and no......too young to participate, but old enough to pick up bad habits????

lol

bitchin', totally bitchin...

ramanth
05-15-2003, 02:36 PM
Twisterdog: Creepy! I never knew that.

Anna_66: I guess the menu should say, "Oysters that are fried so that they are crunchy." ;)

Here is my dumb question:

Why is there braille on drive thru ATM's?" :eek:

RICHARD
05-15-2003, 02:42 PM
what is the white stick figure on the bean bag chair i see painted on the parking spots near the front of the stores???

:eek:

Randi
05-15-2003, 03:02 PM
So what is ATM's? :D

ramanth
05-15-2003, 03:10 PM
So what is ATM's? :D
Automated Teller Machines. :)

or in Canada they are called ABM's (if I recall correctly) or Automated Banking Machines.

Cataholic
05-15-2003, 03:40 PM
what is the white stick figure on the bean bag chair i see painted on the parking spots near the front of the stores???

:eek:

RICHARD!!! SHAME ON YOU!

Randi
05-15-2003, 03:41 PM
Thanks Ramanth! You live and learn. :)

Cataholic
05-15-2003, 03:44 PM
Why are the speed zones reduced in front of schools during the school day? Don't we assume all the kids are inside the schools, learning away? Shouldnt the school speed zones be in effect when kids are OUT OF SCHOOL? Like, all summer long?

I have NEVER understood why ATMs have braille. First, are you driving while blind? OHHHHH I understand, you are walking in a area cars normally drive through...and you wonder why you are run over like a pancake, and now need those stick figure spots that Richard was making fun of?

ALRIGHT- one more, WHY WHY WHY do you have to enter your account number on those automated phone lines, and the FIRST thing the person that answers says? "Can I have your account number, please?". What, was that just a digit exercise???

Cincy'sMom
05-15-2003, 04:05 PM
this is a more specific stupid question, but why can'tmy boss think outside the exactness of a question. Huh?

Today I was getting stone chip repaired in my windshield. The order was in Ralph's name becuase he is the primary on our insurance. Service man comes in, asks for Ralph ___( mind you, I work in a company with 11 people, and not only do we have a company dinner every yaer at Christmas, but this boss came to my wedding!) My boss tells him, nope, no one here by that name. You are inthe wrong place! Thankfull yht e service guy could think on his feet and ask, what about a Mrs.____. Oh, yeah...we have one of those! AND THIS MAN HAS A PhD!!!

Cataholic
05-15-2003, 04:07 PM
Might I suggest it is BECAUSE of his PhD that he wasnt able to make the connection? We have people that call here and ask for 'Joanna' . Guess who does NOT get the call?

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-15-2003, 04:17 PM

just a guess, but maybe in case something happens, and no one can get in or something where they have to close down... ?

Andie
05-15-2003, 04:25 PM
Ok here's a question I thought was too stupid to ask but hey I'll go for it.

How do I get Isis to cover her poop?

It drives me crazy she'll cover up her pee but poop no way! This cat's poop can peel paint too.:o

PayItForward
05-15-2003, 05:36 PM
What time is midnight Mass?

That idiotic question reminds me of the following idiotic question.

Why do customers in a 'Everything is a pound(£) shop'
still ask 'How much is that ?'

Duhhhh. A Pound (£)

Crikit
05-15-2003, 06:44 PM
Okay here's one that's been bugging me for a while now...before I put it down I'll just say that yes I know how pathetic I am ;) ...

Mickey Mouse, does he have commitment issues or something? After all he's been going out with Minnie for over 60 years now and they still aren't married...or engaged even.

wolfsoul
05-15-2003, 07:17 PM
Mickey Mouse, does he have commitment issues or something? After all he's been going out with Minnie for over 60 years now and they still aren't married...or engaged even.

I blame Minnie. Whenever Mickey tries to do something nice and something bad happens, she immediatly blames him. Like that whole tornado episode when the stupid tornado was the one that wrecked her yard...She's always jumping to conclusions ;)

I have a question; Why is it that Draino is so incredibly corrosive that it can wipe out all that is clogging your drain, and yet it manages to stay in the thin plastic bottle? :p

Desert Arabian
05-15-2003, 11:24 PM
When a firehouse catches on fire, who comes to put out the fire???!!!

hehehe, lol, :D :D :p :p I know other county fire departments would come, but the question sounds funny at first.

Uabassoon
05-15-2003, 11:25 PM
I've often wondered that--all 24 hour convenience stores have locks--why?????????

Well somtimes especially when you don't live on the good side of town, convenience stores get held up so they need to shut down and wait for the cops to come and fix things. It happens here all the time. It's kind of pain when you drive to the 7/11 and they are closed.

Miss Meow
05-15-2003, 11:49 PM
What is Miracle Whip?

SANDY FROST
05-16-2003, 12:02 AM
Why is the sky blue?
Sandy Frost:D

wolf_Q
05-16-2003, 12:15 AM
What is Miracle Whip?

It's a white creaming dressing, similar to Mayonaise...used on sandwhiches and in things like potato salad, etc. It's tangy and sweeter then Mayonaise. Good stuff. :)

Why is the abbreviation for pound Lb. ?

Why is the word "nuclear" so hard to pronounce? lol...:rolleyes:

Why are sweet pickles called "bread and butter" pickles?

zippy-kat
05-16-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by SANDY FROST
Why is the sky blue?

oh oh oh! I know this one!!

Answer: Diffraction of light! :)
(yay for me -- i remembered something from HS physics! lol)

zippy-kat
05-16-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
I have a question; Why is it that Draino is so incredibly corrosive that it can wipe out all that is clogging your drain, and yet it manages to stay in the thin plastic bottle? :p

chemistry! Cincy's Mom might be able to verify this but here's my stab at an answer:

When Draino interacts with the water, a chemical change occurs -- it "melts" (maybe attacks/loosens is a better word) the goop and the water flushes it away. I remember creating a version of draino in chemistry but darned if I can remember what ingredients were used-- dish soap was one.

bluekat
05-16-2003, 05:10 PM
Been wondering about this for awhile now,
how old does a puppy have to be to leave his mother? I don't know much about dogs. Before, my sister's friend got a new dog, 5 weeks old. I thought of a kitty, who could only leave the mother when they reach at least 8 weeks.
So how old does a puppy have to be?

Cheshirekatt
05-16-2003, 05:16 PM
Eight to ten weeks is best. They can leave earlier, but it's not good for them. It's best if they can have at least one of their shots first before they leave. Gives them a little extra protection.

Here's my dumb question:

Why will dogs refuse to eat perfectly good dog food, but will gladly graze out of the litter box for kitty rocca?

Andie
05-16-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Cheshirekatt
Here's my dumb question:

Why will dogs refuse to eat perfectly good dog food, but will gladly graze out of the litter box for kitty rocca?

Vet told me that cat food has nurtients that dog food doesn't, the cat's body doesn't use all of these nutrients so some of it ummm comes out the other end. Presto, mini buffet for the puppers.

My question though: How do the dogs know that the nutrients are in there and that they don't get them in their food?

Cheshirekatt
05-16-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Andie
Vet told me that cat food has nurtients that dog food doesn't, the cat's body doesn't use all of these nutrients so some of it ummm comes out the other end. Presto, mini buffet for the puppers.

My question though: How do the dogs know that the nutrients are in there and that they don't get them in their food?

ROFL I particularly enjoy when the entire end of their nose is caked in litter. Hehe. And they act like they haven't been in trouble at all and there's the evidence right there on the end of their nose.......

NYCbabi 13002
05-16-2003, 08:28 PM
Here's one:
How long has 'Pet Talk' been around? :p Just a stupid question...lol

Karen
05-17-2003, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by NYCbabi 13002
Here's one:
How long has 'Pet Talk' been around? :p Just a stupid question...lol

That's not a stupid question - it's been around since June 24, 2000.

primabella
05-17-2003, 08:11 AM
Here's one my Religion teacher showed us. Actually he's not a Religion teacher but a Ethics and Moral Ed teacher but whatever :p. Maybe you guys have seen this one before--

What do you read here?
GODISNOWHERE

If you see GOD IS NOWHERE (like most people do), it shows how man tend to lok at things the more negative way. What you show have read was GOD IS NOW HERE.

Just a stupid thing :)

Karen
05-17-2003, 09:36 AM
I read GOD IS NOW HERE then GOD I SNOW HERE!

micki76
05-17-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Fuzzy317
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a "Tootsie Roll" candy ?

A one, a two, three, CCCRUNCH!!! The world may never know...

Nomilynn
05-17-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by primabella
Here's one my Religion teacher showed us. Actually he's not a Religion teacher but a Ethics and Moral Ed teacher but whatever :p. Maybe you guys have seen this one before--

What do you read here?
GODISNOWHERE

If you see GOD IS NOWHERE (like most people do), it shows how man tend to lok at things the more negative way. What you show have read was GOD IS NOW HERE.

Just a stupid thing :)

Actually, it isn't just a stupid thing ;) When the Bible was first written, the Hebrew it was written in had no spaces between any of the words. People translating the Bible had to figure out where the spaces should have been. Therefore, it's pretty good evidence that the Bible is interpreted. Because it was never originally written in English, no one can really say for sure what the original meanings were, because there aren't specific translations from Hebrew to English, and sometimes the "closest match" isn't necessarily the correct meaning. I learned this in my University course about the Bible and it's literature.

Rhiannon
05-17-2003, 12:31 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by anna_66

Here's one for you, Anna. This is not my story. This actually happened to Gillian Anderson once. A patron ordered the mixed fish stew. When Gillian brought it out, the lady kind of poked at it a bit with her fork while making the kind of face people make when they smell something bad.

The lady said, "Oh, I didn't realize there was FISH in this."

Gillian said she turned beet red and replied through clenched teeth, "MIXED. . .FISH. . .STEW. Which one of these three words didn't you get??"

As for me, I work at an electronics store. Yet one more place that gets flooded with stupid questions every day, like when people want us to test their cordless phones, we need the entire phone, including the power supply. People will bring in just the handset, or just the base. Or everything but the power supply.

We tell them, "We will need the power supply, so we can test that too and see if that's the problem."

Standard response: "What's a power supply?"

Me: "The thing that plugs the phone into the electrical outlet."

Them: "You mean this?" And they proceed to show me the telephone cord.

Me: (sighing softly) "No. That's the telephone cord. I need the power supply, also called the power adapter. The thing that plugs into the electrical outlet."

Them: "Uh. . .I don't get it."

*sigh* At this point, I usually shake my head in disbelief and try again. The same exchange is then repeated several times until the customer gets it, if at all.

Fuzzy317
05-17-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by micki76

I thought someone else remembered that commercial .......:D

primabella
05-17-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Karen
I read GOD IS NOW HERE then GOD I SNOW HERE!

lol :D Well all the people in my class saw the negative side to it ;)

Nomilynn - That's interesting. I didn't know that :)

Fuzzy317
05-17-2003, 12:37 PM
I am in the IS department at work. We get this question not often, but its funny each time. :D

The screen says "press any key", which one should I press

Kfamr
05-17-2003, 04:22 PM
I was wondering why my friend got suspended for writing "God is DEAD" on a piece of paper... i mean he's dead isn't he. And well, people are allowed to have their opinions? Needless to say the teacher was strictly catholic :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: i hate religions.

wolfsoul
05-17-2003, 04:45 PM
Well, I wouldn't think God is dead, but I'm an athiest so I wouldn't know ;) I actually have no religion *sigh* I used to practice wicca, but I got bored :rolleyes:

Kfamr
05-17-2003, 04:48 PM
I don't have a religion either... I just don't beleive in them... Alot of my friends are wicca. .. Well.. i think God would be dead... since he's not here, is he?

wolfsoul
05-17-2003, 04:53 PM
I'm not sure :confused:

I have a question..What do you think the meaning of life is?

I think everyone has a different meaning :D Mine is to be here for my pets ;) I know, cuz I went through a big bout of depression last year (they took Timber away for a long time :() And I would have killed myself if I didn't have Frisco Leather and Sara (Icarus wasn't there yet..)

Kfamr
05-17-2003, 04:55 PM
Definatly my dogs. I doubt i would have lasted this year of school without Simba and i have no idea how i had lasted befor we had him.

Andie
05-17-2003, 05:17 PM

LOVE... in any form!

Ignore me. I'm in one of my mushy moods today

wolfsoul
05-18-2003, 04:07 AM
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food? :p

smokey the elder
05-18-2003, 08:28 AM
I'm not sure :confused:

I think everyone has a different meaning :D Mine is to be here for my pets ;) I know, cuz I went through a big bout of depression last year (they took Timber away for a long time :() And I would have killed myself if I didn't have Frisco Leather and Sara (Icarus wasn't there yet..)

42 :D (From Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.)

Actually, to be at the beck and call of our feline masters.:p

koxka
05-18-2003, 03:45 PM
Well, I wouldn't think God is dead, but I'm an athiest so I wouldn't know ;) I actually have no religion *sigh* I used to practice wicca, but I got bored :rolleyes:

What's "wicca" ? :confused:

wolfsoul
05-18-2003, 03:50 PM
wicca is the same as pagen. White magic, witchcraft, that sort of thing :) Alot of my friends are into it, and can do some pretty freaky things, but I didn't enjoy it as much as they do..

slleipnir
05-18-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by smokey the elder
42 :D (From Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.)

lol :D My bro read that and was telling me about that part lol

popcornbird
05-18-2003, 05:33 PM
I was wondering why my friend got suspended for writing "God is DEAD" on a piece of paper... i mean he's dead isn't he. And well, people are allowed to have their opinions? Needless to say the teacher was strictly catholic i hate religions.

What do you mean He's dead?!?!?!?!?! :mad::mad::mad::rolleyes::rolleyes::mad::mad::mad:

WE are the ones that die. God was always here and will always be here. He's our creator. Without God, we wouldn't be here! Who do you think created us? God will NEVER die, and that's a HIGHLY offensive statement btw.

Oh, and btw, the meaning of life.............from my perspective is:

To worship our Creator, who created us from nothing, gave us health, provides us with food and shelter and family, shows us mercy, and is the greatest being and Only ONE worthy of worship that exists.

Life also means to be kind to your fellow human beings, to show mercy to animals, and to love all of God's living creatures; to be just, to be considerate, to not break a promise, to be kind to the poor, to help orphans and widows, and to be a good person and do good deeds that will benefit you in both this world and in the hereafter.

bluekat
05-18-2003, 06:21 PM
Here's my dumb question, I think everyone here knows this but me:
How do you post pics in your signature?:rolleyes: I really don't know.

wolfsoul
05-18-2003, 06:26 PM
lol

you upload yur pics onto imagestation, copy the URL of the pic and got to ucer cp, edit profile, down to signature, paste the pic's URL, place the image boxes around the URL like this : URL goes here

and that's it lol

Fuzzy317
05-18-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by bluekat
Here's my dumb question, I think everyone here knows this but me:
How do you post pics in your signature?:rolleyes: I really don't know.

Here is Phred's thread about posting pictures (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7406).

bluekat
05-18-2003, 06:31 PM
No, I didn't mean real pics, I mean graphics, something like my avatar. I don't even have any pics of my cat on the Internet:(
Thanks anyways:)

wolfsoul
05-18-2003, 06:33 PM
you do the same thing with graphics lol

Only you don't have to upload them on imagestation if they are already on the internet ;)

bluekat
05-18-2003, 06:36 PM
Hehe, thanks!:rolleyes: LOL I should've known

Kfamr
05-18-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
What do you mean He's dead?!?!?!?!?!
WE are the ones that die. God was always here and will always be here. He's our creator. Without God, we wouldn't be here! Who do you think created us? God will NEVER die, and that's a HIGHLY offensive statement btw.

Oh, and btw, the meaning of life.............from my perspective is:

Your opinion :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And i really could careless if it is offensive to you, it's my beliefs and i have the right to belive what I want.

Kfamr
05-18-2003, 07:05 PM
you do the same thing with graphics lol

Only you don't have to upload them on imagestation if they are already on the internet ;)

although with graphis you may want to load them on imagestation anyways just incase the owner of the website decides to stop letting people post graphics from their sites or takes it down

primabella
05-18-2003, 07:26 PM
I don't have a religion either... I just don't beleive in them... Alot of my friends are wicca. .. Well.. i think God would be dead... since he's not here, is he?

That kind of thing is all a matter of opinion. I'm a strong believer in God (thought I don't go to church, read the Bible ect...) and unless your friend wrote this down to offend someone on purpose, I don't see why she/he should have gotten into trouble.
I don't think they should have done it but a suspension is a bit far. :rolleyes:

I believe he is always around but that's just my opinion. Religions and beliefs are always controversial and will always get different reactions to them.

Kfamr
05-18-2003, 08:01 PM
He wasn't doing it to offend anyone, it's his opinion and he straight out told the teacher and the administrator that.

wolf_Q
05-18-2003, 10:51 PM
OK guys, feel your foreheads...you're thinking too much........this wasn't supposed to be about DEEP questions, lol.

No arguing about religion!

Cheshirekatt
05-18-2003, 11:11 PM
Why do kittens always get up to play at 4:30 am? ;)

zippy-kat
05-18-2003, 11:36 PM
Why do kittens always get up to play at 4:30 am? ;)

4:00AM....
Why must bunnies push jingle bells up the stairs just to roll them right back down? :rolleyes: :D

popcornbird
05-19-2003, 12:06 AM
Why does Muffin turn around and look back after she pooped to make sure that it fell? :rolleyes: LOL Seriously, she does this EVERY time, and when she's really high and doesn't see it fall, she gets all upset and runs around to look for it. Once she finds it, she leaves it alone, satisfied, and goes back where she was.

jonza
05-19-2003, 06:43 AM
Here's a collection of dumb questions from lawyers. (hope we don't have any like them on Pet Talk!)

Actual Court Transcripts...

Just when you thought lawyers couldn't ruin their public image any more ...
Believe it or not, the following excerpts and quotes are parts of actual, real transcripts from cases that occurred in courts across the United States ...

Q: Doctor, did you say he was shot in the woods?
A: No, I said he was shot in the lumbar region.

Q: Are you married?
A: No, I'm divorced.
Q: And what did your husband do before you divorced him?
A: A lot of things I didn't know about.

Q: Doctor, how many autopsies have you performed on dead people?
A: All my autopsies have been performed on dead people.

Q: Were you acquainted with the defendant?
A: Yes, sir.
Q: Before or after he died?

Q: Did he pick the dog up by the ears?
A: No.
Q: What was he doing with the dog's ears?
A: Picking them up in the air.
Q: Where was the dog at this time?
A: Attached to the ears.

Q: When he went, had you gone and had she, if she wanted to and were able, for the time being excluding all the restraints on her not to go, gone also, would he have brought you, meaning you and she, with him to the station?
MR. BROOKS: Objection. That question should be taken out and shot.

Q: What is your relationship with the plaintiff?
A: She is my daughter.
Q: Was she your daughter on February 13, 1979?

Q: ...and what did he do then?
A: He came home, and next morning he was dead.
Q: So when he woke up the next morning he was dead?

Q: Could you see him from where you were standing?
A: I could see his head.
Q: And where was his head?
A: Just above his shoulders.

Q: Do you drink when you're on duty?
A: I don't drink when I'm on duty, unless I come on duty drunk.

Q: (Showing man picture.) Is that you?
A: Yes, sir.
Q: And you were present when the picture was taken, right?

Q: Was that the same nose you broke as a child?
A: I have only one, you know.

Q: And was he dead when you performed the autopsy?
A: No, you idiot, he was sitting up on the table wondering why I was doing an autopsy!

Hope I never need the services of any of them! :eek:

john

Pam
05-19-2003, 07:05 AM
Jonza - how hysterical! :D :D :D :D :D

primabella
05-19-2003, 10:17 AM
Q: Could you see him from where you were standing?
A: I could see his head.
Q: And where was his head?
A: Just above his shoulders.

Really now :p

wolf_Q
05-21-2003, 02:59 PM
How do wolves keep their dewclaws from growing too long?

Obviously they walk/run enough to keep their regular nails short, but what about the dewclaws?

slick
05-21-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Fuzzy317
I am in the IS department at work. We get this question not often, but its funny each time. :D

ROFL - I work in IS as well and I get that all the time.

Another one I have gotten: Hello Vick, my monitor just went all black. So I drop what I'm going and go down to check out the situation. I find that the power cord is loose going into the back of the CPU. So I tell the user what the problem is and the reply I get is "Oh, I was playing around with that. I didn't know it needed to be plugged in!"

or....

Hello Vick, I just signed on to my computer and I have a message that my password has expired and that I have to change it. Do I have to do that right now????????

DUH......

Miss Meow
05-21-2003, 07:57 PM
Why is Nicole Kidman on the cover of every magazine on the rack? Well, OK, maybe not Fisherman Monthly or The Knitting Enthusiast ;) but really, I don't get it.

CamCamPup33
05-21-2003, 08:14 PM
okay i always wondered:

Why do people compare life to death?
why not birth to death because truly death is oppisite of birth.. so if someone compares life to death i think there is no point.. Life are many points and birth is one important point as well as death.. so i dont think people should compare life to death cuz truly there not oppisite.;)

Aspen and Misty
05-21-2003, 09:08 PM
ROFL - I work in IS as well and I get that all the time.

My mom works in IS and she says some people can eb so ditsy, not having the slightest idea about the fact that the computer needs electirity to run. Once they shut down the plant and turned off all computers and mechinery and someone called her askign why there computer didn't wokr, I mean it wouldn't even turn on! LOL,

Ash

RICHARD
05-21-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by CamCamPup33
okay i always wondered:

Why do people compare life to death?

it's hard to get people to listen to you when your dead??;)

Kfamr
05-21-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
Why is Nicole Kidman on the cover of every magazine on the rack? Well, OK, maybe not Fisherman Monthly or The Knitting Enthusiast ;) but really, I don't get it.

Nelly is always on the cover of any magazine i get :P

luckies4me
05-22-2003, 12:50 AM

No I actually did this in highschool, as well as counted all the dots on the ceiling...:o I counted 2,017 licks to get to the center, than I just munched away. Tells you how much time I had on my hands :rolleyes:

Crikit
05-22-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me
No I actually did this in highschool, as well as counted all the dots on the ceiling...:o I counted 2,017 licks to get to the center, than I just munched away. Tells you how much time I had on my hands :rolleyes:

Okay now was that licks with just sticking your touqne out and putting the sucker on your mouth or putting the tootsie roll pop in your mouth and then pulling it out?

micki76
05-22-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me

Ah, but how many dots were there on the ceiling? :D

CamCamPup33
05-22-2003, 07:08 PM
it's hard to get people to listen to you when your dead??

LOL..

RICHARD
05-22-2003, 07:23 PM
a question.

in england, how are the controls of an auto set up?

i have rode on a Triumph motorcycle and if you don't pay attention you step on the brake instead of the shift lever.
that wakes you up quickly.

i am curious, i know you shift a manual tranny with your left hand but how are the foot pedals layed out??
thank you!

Cookiebaker
05-22-2003, 07:36 PM
OK, here's my dumb question: How come everytime you go into a fast food joint and there isn't any line, they IMMEDIATELY ask you what you would like to order?? Geez I haven't even had a chance to look at the menu yet!!! :rolleyes:

Cheshirekatt
05-22-2003, 07:55 PM
Why is it when you're nice and let the person with 2 items go in front of you in line at the grocery store, they inevitably want to pay their ENTIRE $11.00 bill in pennies? :confused:

Miss Meow
05-22-2003, 08:00 PM
...i am curious, i know you shift a manual tranny with your left hand but how are the foot pedals layed out??
thank you!

Yay, a question I can answer! The left hand side is reserved for human and feline passengers :)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid31/pb3f70b0a6b2177a27795042bcabb788c/fd46d1e9.jpg

The gearstick is that shiny, phallic thing in the middle, so same place as a US car but it's best to use the left hand to change gears. The pedals from left to right are
| CLUTCH | BRAKE | GO FASTER |

I once drove a pickup truck thingy in the USA, whenever I automatically reached for the gearstick with my left hand, I'd nearly open the door and fall out!

Miss Meow
05-22-2003, 08:04 PM
Why is it when you're nice and let the person with 2 items go in front of you in line at the grocery store, they inevitably want to pay their ENTIRE $11.00 bill in pennies? :confused:

AND
you let someone with 2 items go first, and they have a discount card so that needs to be scanned, they have a frequent buyer program so that needs to be scanned, they need a price check on the second item and there are no spare staff to do it, they want to pay by credit card but it won't scan so they riffle around in their purses for ages looking for another card EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE THE CASH! Why? :)

ChrisH
05-23-2003, 04:54 AM
...I once drove a pickup truck thingy in the USA, whenever I automatically reached for the gearstick with my left hand, I'd nearly open the door and fall out!...
LMAO....Oh, my, the picture that conjures up... :D :D
(and I shouldn`t laugh cos I can`t drive at all, right or left hand!)

:)

SANDY FROST
05-23-2003, 10:42 AM
Easy that is Murphy's law. What will
can wrong will go wrong. Maybe the door
wasn't locked or just a bad door.

It is like when ever their is a tornado
it hits mobile home park.:D

SANDY FROST
05-23-2003, 10:44 AM
wHy is it that yhou can buy bra's at different times but yet they wear out at the same time?

RICHARD
05-23-2003, 11:37 AM
Yay, a question I can answer! The left hand side is reserved for human and feline passengers :)

The gearstick is that shiny, phallic thing in the middle, so same place as a US car but it's best to use the left hand to change gears. The pedals from left to right are
| CLUTCH | BRAKE | GO FASTER |

great pic, thank you.......

but being a guy, i get kinda confused with the 'phallic' description...now i am going to have to pay closer attention
when i shift gears!!!

sandy,

how do women unhook a bra with one hand???

i've tried with two and gave up a few times!:rolleyes:

and how do they, on a beach towel, reverse the pattern on the other side??

zippy-kat
05-23-2003, 12:02 PM

i've tried with two and gave up a few times!:rolleyes:

ahm...

now was that with two hands or two women?

or were *you* wearing the bra(s)? (why would I not put it past you?! lol)

slick
05-23-2003, 12:07 PM

Richard: I found the purrrfect solution - I don't wear one
:D :D

Ooops - does this fall under the category of "too much information?"

RICHARD
05-23-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by slickand zippy

ahm...

now was that with two hands or two women?

or were *you* wearing the bra(s)? (why would I not put it past you?! lol)

-------------------------------------------------------------

in the immortal words of Nancy Kerrigan,

"WHY ME??, WHY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?"

Chinadoll
05-23-2003, 12:45 PM
How can someone "draw a blank"?

How can there be self-help "groups"?

Are part-time band leaders semi-conductors?

Are there any unguided missiles?

Are you telling the truth if you lie in bed?

Crime doesn't pay... does that mean my job is a crime?

Day light savings time - why are they saving it and where do they keep it?

Do television evangelists do more than lay people?

Do witches run spell checkers?

Do you need a silencer if you are going to shoot a mime?

Does killing time damage eternity?

Does the Little Mermaid wear an algebra?

Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

And many many more from... http://www.corsinet.com/braincandy/stupid.html

RockyRoad
05-23-2003, 12:59 PM
1)Why do you need a driver's license to buy liquor when you can't drink and drive?
2)Why are cigarettes sold in gas stations when smoking is prohibited there?
3) If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

SANDY FROST
05-23-2003, 01:44 PM
RICHARD

I asked ,Why when no matter you buys
bra's at different times they all where out at the same time?
Sandy

RICHARD
05-23-2003, 02:05 PM
RICHARD

I asked ,Why when no matter you buys
bra's at different times they all where out at the same time?
Sandy

my question had to do with the manual dexterity that women
possess when they remove said undergarment.
i had NO answer to your question, your inquiry had me thinking along a totally unrelated, but parallel line of thought...

i'm such a boob sometimes.:rolleyes:

zippy-kat
05-23-2003, 02:22 PM
What's the difference between a malt and a milkshake?:o

Cheshirekatt
05-23-2003, 02:46 PM

ROFL Me either! :D

Cheshirekatt
05-23-2003, 02:49 PM
What's the difference between a malt and a milkshake?:o

And why do some people call malts, "malteds"?

SANDY FROST
05-23-2003, 04:04 PM
Richard I like your sense of humor.
Now if I just can catch my typo's,that
would be great.
Sandy Frost:eek:

SANDY FROST
05-23-2003, 04:06 PM
And why do some people call malts, "malteds"?

A malt has malt powder and a milk shake has none.

SANDY FROST
05-23-2003, 04:09 PM
Why does the weather look sunny
on my work days and overcast & yucky
on my days off?
Sandy Frost:rolleyes:

Andie
05-23-2003, 04:52 PM
A malt has malt powder and a milk shake has none.

Malts are sweeter than milkshakes too because of said malt powder.

Andie
05-23-2003, 04:56 PM

Flexiblity and years of practice. ;)

Rottieluver45
05-23-2003, 05:02 PM
This is a great thread!!

Mine: If you die while you have on braces do people take them off?

bluekat
05-23-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Rottieluver45
If you die while you have on braces do people take them off?
LOL, I never thought of that. I'd like to know the answer to that:p

micki76
05-23-2003, 05:22 PM

Good God, I hope not! I've had these darn things on long enough. If I thought I had to bear them for an eternity, I'd go insane!

Cheshirekatt
05-23-2003, 05:27 PM
This is a great thread!!

This is an interesting question to me......I'll be wearing braces for another year. :D

Nomilynn
05-23-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Andie
Flexiblity and years of practice. ;)

OR.. one can do it like me; I just pull the dumb thing off over my head! :o :D

micki76
05-23-2003, 05:31 PM
This is an interesting question to me......I'll be wearing braces for another year. :D

EEEEWWW! Poor you. :eek: Mine come off in 2 months. Second time around and I feel so stupid. This "old" lady in braces. :) Kids: Wear your retainer!!!! It really does pay off. :rolleyes:

Cheshirekatt
05-23-2003, 05:38 PM
EEEEWWW! Poor you. :eek: Mine come off in 2 months. Second time around and I feel so stupid. This "old" lady in braces. :) Kids: Wear your retainer!!!! It really does pay off. :rolleyes:

OMG you don't even know the full story! This is my THIRD time in braces!! Yes folks, that's right......three times! It totally sucked this time because my teeth were perfectly straight when we put the braces on for the third time, but we had to with the jaw surgery.

*one more year to go, one more year to go*

slick
05-23-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
OR.. one can do it like me; I just pull the dumb thing off over my head! :o :D
LOL - that's what I used to do before I decided to burn it......

luckies4me
05-24-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Crikit
Okay now was that licks with just sticking your touqne out and putting the sucker on your mouth or putting the tootsie roll pop in your mouth and then pulling it out?

It was actual licks, which is why it took all day. I remember a little why we did it.....I think we were talking about old commercials in class one day and it became a BIG thing so I tried it. I tried it once before but I lost count. :o

But for anyone else who wants to try this, one word of advice: DRINK PLENTY OF WATER while doing so. Plus it speeds it up a little lol. :p

luckies4me
05-24-2003, 03:55 PM
Ah, but how many dots were there on the ceiling? :D

Now that I can't remember lol. That was a big pain because there were so many....just multiply though. There was like 17 sections and each section had like 28 dots or something like that......man I must have been REALLY bored. :D :rolleyes:

wolfsoul
05-24-2003, 03:57 PM
Why can't even the most flexible person lick their elbow? :p

luckies4me
05-24-2003, 04:04 PM
Why can't even the most flexible person lick their elbow? :p

What's more annoying is not being able to reach the middle of your back to wash or scub it, or when you have an itch and you can't scratch it because you can't reach it. Urrgh it makes me so frustrated!

Rottieluver45
05-26-2003, 12:18 PM
I have another question:

If someone killed you(god forbid) how famous do you have to be for it to be considered an assination instead of a murder?

RICHARD
05-28-2003, 11:59 AM
smoked ham and boneless breasts??

do you smoke ham in a pipe or roll it like a ciggie????

bones in a breast???????????

kittens
06-25-2003, 08:31 PM
ok I have a dumb question...
WHY do they put the light switches so far from the door frame? so you can go into a dark room, and fiddle around trying to find the stupid switch?...:confused: just seems to me that it should be somewhat closer, so you don't have to go into the room to reach it.

Tonya
06-26-2003, 02:00 AM
WHY do they put the light switches so far from the door frame? so you can go into a dark room, and fiddle around trying to find the stupid switch?... just seems to me that it should be somewhat closer, so you don't have to go into the room to reach it.

I know why! I work with wiring...cause there are regulations. They have to be so many inches apart from phone and studs and whatnot.

Here's my question:
Why do the they put coupons inside the pasta boxes? Then you go to dump the pasta in the pan and the coupon falls into the boiling water! It irks me!!!!:mad:

kittens
06-26-2003, 07:21 AM
oh!ok thanks Tonya, now that makes sense!:)

yeah I hate the coupon thing too!

Kfamr
06-26-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Tonya

Here's my question:
Why do the they put coupons inside the pasta boxes? Then you go to dump the pasta in the pan and the coupon falls into the boiling water! It irks me!!!!:mad:

They should make it a part of the box - saves paper and doesn't fall in in the water:)

Airedalekisses
06-26-2003, 10:51 AM
why do the manufactures put a label on a hairdryer that says do not use while asleep?

when was the last time you styled your hair in your sleep?

kittens
06-26-2003, 01:20 PM
LOL because they have to cover their a**, from idiots that , I don't know, might leave it turned on and aimed at their hair? same reason why they have to say, do not use while in water!

its scary the warnings out there, if they did not have the warnings, would someone actually DO one of those things? and they are allowed out with out a keeper?!

ok another question... WHY do they make every single thing SOOO hard to open? it seems that EVERYTHING is a real pain to open. from the smallest thing to big things, food and non food. and my arthritis makes it worse but even without that it would still be hard to do. just once if I could open something without a scissors or knife!

Bathsheba069
06-26-2003, 02:22 PM
Here's my question:
:) I must buy cheap pasta because I've NEVER seen a coupon inside the box!

Originally posted by Airedalekisses
why do the manufactures put a label on a hairdryer that says do not use while asleep?
It's funny that you mention that! When I was living at home my mom had this ancient hair dryer that consisted of a fan/motor/heater, a hose, and something that acted like a shower cap which, when turned on, blew up like a balloon. When I was going somewhere spiffy (like a dance, or something) and wanted curly hair, I'd roll my hair in curlers and dry them using this contraption. I'd often set my alarm clock for about 45 minutes and go to sleep with it on! I wonder if the manufacturer's warning had something to do with people like me! :D

Edwina's Secretary
06-26-2003, 02:31 PM
A bottle of prescription sleeping pills with a label that says..."May cause drowsiness....."

I hope so!

Rottieluver45
06-26-2003, 02:58 PM
I have a list of life`s unanswered questions:

1. How do you know which armrest is yours in the movie theaters?

2. If you say something is indescribable, isn't that describing it?

3. Why is it called butterfingers when there is no butter or fingers in it?

4. How come it was called the Cosby Show when Billy Cosby's character was named Heathcliff Huxtible?

5. Why is it that whenever you sing to the radio, your voice is higher? Even when you have a low voice?

6. Why is Joey short for Joe, when Joey has more letters?

7. Can someone have their head in the clouds and be down-to-earth at the same time?

8. If a singer sings their own song during a karaoke party, is it considered karaoke?

9. How come French fries are not considered a vegetable, they are just deep fried potatoes?

10. Why do they say "an alarm going off," if it is really going on?

11. If your sick for one week and on one of those days they had to cancel school because of snow, do you have to make up that day in June?

12. Why do dogs sniff other dog’s bottoms to say hello, why don’t they just bark in their face or something?

13. You know the expression, "Don't quit your day job?" Well what do you say to people that work nights?

15. Why do all superheroes wear spandex?:D

16. If mars had earthquakes would they be called marsquakes?

17. If a missing person sees their picture on a milk carton that offers a reward, would they get the money?

18. If the president were gay, would his husband be the first man?

19. Why do people call it an ATM machine, but they know it's really saying Automated Teller Machine Machine?

20. If someone crashes his or her car on purpose, why is it still a car accident?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You don`t have to answer all of those, I just thought they were fun. I got them off of bored.com

Rottieluver45
06-26-2003, 03:11 PM
Ohhhh yeah and Could someone answer this:

What does <3 mean?:confused:

Kfamr
06-26-2003, 03:45 PM
Ohhhh yeah and Could someone answer this:

What does <3 mean?:confused:

Turn your head sideways, it's a big heart!

<3

Cheshirekatt
06-26-2003, 04:48 PM
Why is it cats always want to sit on your lap when it's blistering hot?!?

Rottieluver45
06-26-2003, 06:07 PM

<3

Aaaahaaaaaaaaa!! I see it now!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
06-26-2003, 06:42 PM
OOOOOOOH!

I have ten whole pages of these! I'll brb with some.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
06-26-2003, 06:56 PM
If some of these have been used, sorry. I haven't read the thread.

1. If you can't drink and drive, why do you need a driver's license to by alcohol, and why do bars have parking lots?

2. Should crematoriums give a discount for burn victims?

3. What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

4. When your pet bird sees you reading the newpaper, does he or she wonder why you are staring at a piece of carpet?

5. Whose cruel idea was it for "lisp" to have an "s"?

6. Why does Donald Duck wear a towel when he comes out of the shower if he doesn't wear pants anyway?

kittens
06-26-2003, 07:19 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Airedalekisses
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's funny that you mention that! When I was living at home my mom had this ancient hair dryer that consisted of a fan/motor/heater, a hose, and something that acted like a shower cap which, when turned on, blew up like a balloon. When I was going somewhere spiffy (like a dance, or something) and wanted curly hair, I'd roll my hair in curlers and dry them using this contraption. I'd often set my alarm clock for about 45 minutes and go to sleep with it on! I wonder if the manufacturer's warning had something to do with people like me! (Quote)
---------------------

LOL how old are you? my mother had one of those too, and I used it sometimes, but they still make them, I don't think they are "ancient" well maybe they are LOL!

(Quote)..."A bottle of prescription sleeping pills with a label that says..."May cause drowsiness....."

I hope so!..."(Quote)
-----------------
LOL that's funny!

...."I have a list of life`s unanswered questions:

1. How do you know which armrest is yours in the movie theaters?

good question! I guess it all starts at the first armrest in the first seat...

6. Why is Joey short for Joe, when Joey has more letters?

I think Joey is short for Joseph...my nephews name.

12. Why do dogs sniff other dog’s bottoms to say hello, why don’t they just bark in their face or something?

also, why do cats smell each others rear? its a animal think I guess!

15. Why do all superheroes wear spandex?

to show off?

20. If someone crashes his or her car on purpose, why is it still a car accident? ...."
hmm, thats sounds like a "purpose" to me!
---------------

<3
-------
thank you! I have been wondering about that, it was bugging me!

3. What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
eeek I don't want to find out, but it does not sound good!

4. When your pet bird sees you reading the newpaper, does he or she wonder why you are staring at a piece of carpet?

LOL or wondering why your are looking at their "potty"!!

6. Why does Donald Duck wear a towel when he comes out of the shower if he doesn't wear pants anyway?

LOL thats so funny...reminds me of once, when my nephew was a little boy and I played hide and seek with him, he said "donald duck doesn't wear any pants!" just to make me laugh so he could find me!

Rottieluver45
06-26-2003, 09:15 PM
wow! Kittens, you ACCTUALLY answered them! Well, some! I didn`t expect someone to answer them! :D

kittens
06-26-2003, 09:22 PM
:o :rolleyes:

Tonya
06-26-2003, 11:51 PM
15. Why do all superheroes wear spandex?

One day, I could tell my son was in deep thought...so I asked him what he was thinking? He goes, "Mom, if superheros are so tough, why do they run around in panties?"

wolf_Q
06-27-2003, 12:06 AM
Is the pistachio flavored salad really supposed to be flavored like pistachio nuts? Who thought of that?

Bathsheba069
06-27-2003, 09:42 AM
I tell ya, if I looked like a super hero, I would wear spandex! I bet they wear t-shirts and sweats at home like everyone else does, though. :D

I wonder if Superman wears a Superman t-shirt at home ....

Rottieluver45
06-27-2003, 09:18 PM
One day, I could tell my son was in deep thought...so I asked him what he was thinking? He goes, "Mom, if superheros are so tough, why do they run around in panties?"

LOL! :D! What did YOU say?

KYS
06-27-2003, 09:32 PM
kittens: When I was living at home my mom had this ancient hair dryer that consisted of a fan/motor/heater, a hose, and something that acted like a shower cap which, when turned on, blew up like a balloon. >>>>>

I have one of those. I got mine about 15 years ago
I think, and about 2 years ago, the motor stopped working.
I was devestated. I went on E-bay and bought another one. :)

Gone Doggin'
06-28-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by ILoveMyAbbyGirl

haha it's because he doesn't own a pair of pants