PDA

View Full Version : Rosco

Tonya
05-14-2003, 11:36 AM
Hi, everyone. I just thought I'd show you a puppy pick of my late dog Rosco. I got to sad digging this pick out, so I am going to have to wait before I show you an adult pic. He really turned out to be a beautiful adult dog. Unfortunatly, I had to put him to sleep in Feburary at only two years old. He'd suffered both parvo and a broken leg as a pup. I think the parvo might have made him a little crazy. Because of that, he had trouble walking, he was always in pain. He always chewed his fur away from stress. Because he broke his leg at a park around boys, he always associated it with them. Unfortunatly, he was very unpredicatable with young boys. He was the gentlest dog in the world with all animals, even mean dogs, and all people. But when it came to boys, he was another animal that I didn't know. He had the strength of 20 dogs. I don't want to get into it all, but to make a long story shot, I was forced to put him down. Jeepers, this was supposed to be a happy post about what an awesome dog he was. Sorry. He loved us unconditionally. He used to lick us to death. When he finally caught one of our cats, we freaked out. But instead, he gently carried her to his bed, laid her down and licked her like his own. From there on, they were friends and slept together. Before he broke his leg, he used to do everything with our son. He'd jump on the trampoline, he'd go down slides with him (which is how he broke it, don't let your dog slide.), he'd go sledding with us. He even let us dress him up on Halloween.

Tonya
05-14-2003, 11:40 AM
Ok, here are some more pics of my beautiful baby.

Tonya
05-14-2003, 11:41 AM
One more.

ramanth
05-14-2003, 11:45 AM
So sorry for your loss. :( Rosco was a beautiful dog.

gkristian
05-15-2003, 03:45 AM
I am sorry for your loss.
Rosco was such a cute dog.

anna_66
05-15-2003, 08:16 AM
I'm sorry you had to put him down at such a young age because he sounded like such a wonderful dog.
I'm glad you have picutres to remember him by, thank you so much for sharing him & the pictures with us.

Tina
05-15-2003, 08:22 AM
I'm sorry to hear of your loss:( Rosco was such a cutie.

lovemyshiba
05-15-2003, 09:38 AM
Rosco was adorable--so sorry to hear of your loss:(

tatsxxx11
05-15-2003, 10:13 AM
What a beautiful doggie your Rosco was; such a sweet smile.:) My heart breaks reading of the circumstances of his passing and knowing how much you miss him:( I'm sure he knew every day of his life, how very loved he was. Thank you for sharing him with us. I know how difficult it was for you.