PDA

View Full Version : lexies in the dog box

carole
05-13-2003, 07:59 PM
Well dont know if americans know this term or not, but being in the dog box, is when u are in trouble, often used when referring to a husband being in trouble with the wife.
My dear little lexie had a great time downstairs last nite, she has made a nice job of almost shredding my net curtains to pieces, hmm i was not impressed, i will not be replacing them, as i am sure when she is bored again she will do the same, oh dear, maybe she was trying to get outside or just playing , who knows. I am worried she will do it to the two big ranchsliders, i cannot afford to replace them, and we need them for privacy, i am amazed at all of you who keep your cats inside all the time, do you just not have things like net curtains, or are they just all well behaved.
Well as i could not catch her in the act, i could only say you are a very naughty girl.
Did you know nz is having a power crisis just now, we have to try and save power or we will be facing major power cuts, cold showers brrr.... and no heating i dont fancy that , our hydro lakes are just too low. we are supposed to save 10 percent and have only being saving around 4per cent not good enough, i guess until we get those cold showers the reality wont hit us all.
Lovely day here in nz, was a chilly start but brilliant sunshine, so got out and did some more of that fence painting, thought i was safe from Lexie as she was sunbathing under the caravan, but a few minutes later who should i c on the other side of the fence watching my brush go up and down and between the palings , yes the little black princess, ooh mum fun, time to play again, a few NO LEXIE GO AWAY PLEASE from mum and she finally just decided to watch and not play snatch and grab the paint brush.
Well folks thats about all for now, have a nice day everyone :)

PayItForward
05-14-2003, 03:06 AM
What is it with your Lexie and paint ???

Hopeing NZ your power situations sorts out (Brrr... Cold showers are bad)

England has problems with water storage every summer. How can that be the wettest country ever and we have water cut back measures practically every year.

LoudLou
05-14-2003, 03:44 AM
http://www.comics.com/comics/getfuzzy/archive/images/getfuzzy2073171030513.gif

:D

HayleyRosie
05-14-2003, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by carole
Well dont know if americans know this term or not, but being in the dog box, is when u are in trouble, often used when referring to a husband being in trouble with the wife.

In Newfoundland Canada we say "in the dog house". We use this in the same way you do. Mostly when the husband is in trouble with his wife. My husband was in the dog house last night! LOL!! Just kidding.:D