PDA

View Full Version : when you grow up what pets do you wish to have? :)

Jessica12345
05-13-2003, 07:16 PM
:) sorry... i know we have had threads like this before but i cant find them! lol:p

oh yeah... please be reasonable! LOL:D i mean... i want a dolphin but i know i cant have one. hehe:p

I really want two black headed caiques, and two white bellied caiques. :) but i DONT want to breed them. hehe... I could name them tango, mango, kiki, and kiwi. lol:D

I also want 2 great pyreneeses and 1 maltese. :p mm... the great pyrs would be named klondike and snow and the maltese would be named candy. :D

ok ok... im done. lol

:)

Jesus Freak!!!!
05-13-2003, 07:37 PM
i would love to have dobermans. and a horse, maybe a few hundred!!!

Tweety_Pie
05-13-2003, 07:38 PM
I'd love to have

Dogs:
Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever
Border Collie
Great Dane
Golden Retriever

Other:
Holland Lop Rabbit
Rat
Horse

Birds:
Cockatoo
Black Headed Caique
A macaw
Budgies

i know I can't have them all! lol :P

primabella
05-13-2003, 07:48 PM
I guess it all depends on how my lifestyle is but I definitly want another Sheltie and a few mutts from the shelter. I also want to get a cat, probably a bird (your Tiki got me into the caiques :p) and a gecko. My list changes a lot though. I used to want a ferret, turtles, ducks and the list went on and on :rolleyes:

TheAntiPam
05-13-2003, 08:14 PM
I guess I'm already "grown up" but ...

When I was a little girl, I got to pick out the wallpaper for redecorating my room. I chose a pattern that had two french poodles sitting at a paris cafe - a pink and a purple poodle! I LOVED poodles!

When I got MUCH older, I got to be the prime dogsitter for two sweet black miniature poodles - and their human mom had named them French names! They are the sweetest, and have the beautiful shining button eyes of the classic poodle.

So, dreams do come true....silly as they might be!

lute
05-13-2003, 08:22 PM
i would have a umbrella cockatoo named jingle
a rust colored doberman named coby
a bunch of bunnies
and a white duck named wilma.

odd combo,but it would satify me.lol:D

cocker_luva
05-13-2003, 08:27 PM
DOGS: chinese crested, brittany, basenji, doberman, AMERICAN OR ENGLISH COCKER, pit bull, amstaff, sheltie, bull terrier, mini/long doxie, catahoula leopard dog, saarloos wolfhound, malamute, australian shepherd, standard poodle, teacup poodle, french mastiff, great dane, nova scotia duck tolling retriever, petit bleu de gascogne, boxer, pembroke welsh corgi, shiba, akita, cavalier king charles spaniel, longhaired chihuahua, welsh springer spaniel, mini pinscher, german pinscher, italian greyhound, rhodesian ridgeback, staffordshire bull terrier, vizsla, giant/standard/mini schnauzer.

HORSES: arabian, pinto, thoroughbred, friesian, falabella, welsh pony, palomino, appaloosa, caspian pony, orlov trotter, danish warmblood, swedish warmblood, quarter horse.

CATS: australian mist, siamese, balenese, snowshoe, nebelung

OTHER: ferret, bunny, mice/rat.

there are more i will post them later.

cocker_luva
05-13-2003, 09:14 PM
OTHER: goat, pig, cow, skunks squirrel, and maybe guinea pig, bird, iguana, turtle, duck.

GoldenRetrLuver
05-13-2003, 10:40 PM
The pets i would love to have are....(lists are bound to change but this is what it is for now!)

Dogs:

2 Golden Retrievers
1 "coated" German Shepherd
1 yellow labrador retriever

Other:
Myers Parrot

:D :)

*LabLoverKEB*
05-13-2003, 10:52 PM
# beautiful, georgous Golden Retrievers, light in color. Named:

Tahoe
Montana
Dakota :) ;)

CathyBogart
05-14-2003, 12:42 AM
A breeding pair of Eastern Indigo Snakes, and a way to release the offspring into the wild.

A Leucistic Monocled Cobra. (No, this is not unreasonable, I intend to have one some day.)

A Peruvian Red-Tailed boa. (Preferably male, I don't need a HUGE one!)

A Leucistic Western Hognose (No, I don't have a thing for leucistic snakes...)

A BEW Dumbo rat.

A Bedlington Terrier.

A Parrotlet.

These are all that come to mind right at the moment, but I"ll add to this later if I think of anything else.

wolf_Q
05-14-2003, 12:54 AM
At least 2 more siberian huskies.......I need a little pack...hehe :D There's many other dog breeds I'd love to have also, but I'm in love with sibes.

I'd love to get a kitty and a ferret, but doubtful that would happen with dogs like that.

popcornbird
05-14-2003, 01:18 AM
4 more tiels. ;) Along with my pearl and lutino, I would like to add a pied, cinnamon, albino, and normal grey tiel. ;)

2 rose-breasted cockatoos (galahs)

2 caiques (I'm CRAZY for caiques ever since I met Tiki) ;)

a conure

I'd love to have a lovebird and African grey too.

Other than birds, I'd love to have at least 2 kitties, a goat, sheep, horse, and duck.

BTW Jessica, your pm box is full and I need to pm you about something. :eek:

gkristian
05-14-2003, 02:04 AM
Maybe a dog (Sheltie)

Jessica12345
05-14-2003, 06:27 AM
lol:D cocker lova! got enough their? wait... is that all the breeds? LOL:D :p

Tweety, prima, and PCB:

Get the caiques!:D

Jessica12345
05-14-2003, 06:37 AM
oh ya and BTW pcb... i emtied my PM box... thx ;)

Pam
05-14-2003, 06:58 AM
Well I'm as grown as I'm going to get, but I would love to have a pug at some point in my life. I am in love with these little cuties and every time I see one in PetsMart or walking anywhere for that matter, I find myself down on the ground petting them and telling their human how very cute they are. Fortunately no one has had me locked up yet. :rolleyes:

PJ's Mom
05-14-2003, 02:04 PM
I'm all grown up, but I still can't have all the pets I want. I really want a male rottie and a great dane. Unfortunately, I have a husband instead. :rolleyes: :D

tikeyas_mom
05-14-2003, 02:13 PM
I have it all planned out :D.. I want two MALE guinea pigs. One long haired and one short!

I want two female dumbo rats, anycolor! I love dumbo rats they are sooo cute.

I would also love to own a male australian shepherd, with rare markings and blue eyes!

And if I live on land I want a black sheep!!

cocker_luva
05-14-2003, 03:38 PM
jessica~ i don't think that there will ever be enough! lol :D but no i didn't post all the breeds! :D i think there are 350 separate breeds, i only posted 37! (i counted, LOL) :D

green_chameleon_girl
05-14-2003, 04:41 PM
for me when i grow up i would like to have:

2 dogs: Golden Retriever, Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever

1 bird: A cockatiel

1 hamster: Teddy bear hamster

And when i grow up i WISH i could have:

Birds: Blue and Gold Macaw, Scarlet Macaw, Camalotte Macaw and a Green Wing Macaw!!

Reptile: A chameleon

Dog: Great Dane(my cousin has three!)

A bunny: Mini Lop or Holland Lop!!!

;)And the list goes on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on..and on!;)

zanzanfergie
05-16-2003, 04:03 AM
I'm going to have a Great Dane, Rottweiler, German Shepherd, and lots of mutts from the shelter! One or two kitties as well, probably. :D

bluekat
05-16-2003, 06:11 PM
OMG, where do I start........I want so much! Cats, dogs, horses, tigers, every animal! I've always wanted a tiger though.
Let me start with dogs. I've wanted a dog all my life, until my parents decided to gve up and get me a cat. For dogs, I love gloden retrievers, chihuahuas, huskies, border collies, yorkies, shih tzus, schnauzers, okay, all kinds. I would like ANY dog, I'd be happy with any.
I'd like to breed cats when I grow up, but I probably won't.
Cats- definately more persians/himmies,some ragdolls, birmans, and other long haired breeds. When I came to this site, I started to love abbysinians and somalis, so I'd like those too. And also, any other kinds of cats I love.
This is funny, I've made a list of which colours I will get: blue, blue&white, calico, dilute calico, pure white, tabbies(I love classic tabbies), cream, chocolate............and it goes on.
Ok, if I name all the animals I want when I get older, I'll be here typing it all day.
So I'll end it here.

bluekat
05-16-2003, 06:12 PM
Oh yeah, forgot to add:
LOTS of cats and dogs from the shelter!

Desert Arabian
05-16-2003, 08:20 PM
DOGS: Brindle Boxer- Fawn Merle, Black Merle, Blue Merle, or Harlequin Great Dane-Yellow or Silver Labrador Retriever

CATS: Black Tux, Ocicat, Solid Black, and I used to always want an Orange Tabby...but now I have one! :D I also love solid grey cats too.

HORSES: Appendix Quarter Horse, Hackney, Thoroughbred, Tennessee Walker, Arabian, Shire, Belgian, Cyldesdale, and Suffolk Punch.

BARNYARD ANIMALS: Goats, Llama, Draft Mule, Mammoth Jack, Miniature Donkey, Chickens, Ducks

RODENTS: Capybara (yeah, right, hehe, I wish), rats, Fox and Grey Squirrel, Chipmunk, Thirteen-Lined Ground Squirrel, Prairie Dog, WOODCHUCK!!!

BIRDS: Ring-necked Phesants, Bobwhite Quail, Guinea Hens, Peacocks

Kater
05-16-2003, 09:24 PM
I hope to run a small sanctuary in my adult life. I will take in whatever animals need homes. However, there are some animals I've always wished to have as pets....

shelter doggies
shelter kitties
shelter bunnies
shelter guinea pigs
any breed of rescued horse
rescued pig (large white or any breed)
a finch colony in an aviary
conures
amazons
cockatoos
caiques
alpacas
donkeys or mules
pygmy goats
jersey or brown swiss cow
chickens
herbivorous tortoises
deer that cannot be returned to the wild for some reason
saltwater aquarium
outdoor fish pond

Desert Arabian
05-16-2003, 10:26 PM
Kater,

Jersey cows are adorable! I love their big brown eyes. Hey...you wouldn't mind if I worked for you would ya???!!!! :D :D :p :p ;) ;)

http://www.esdjournal.com/articles/cow/jersey.jpg

Kater
05-16-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover
Kater,
Jersey cows are adorable! I love their big brown eyes. Hey...you wouldn't mind if I worked for you would ya???!!!! :D :D :p :p ;) ;)

http://www.esdjournal.com/articles/cow/jersey.jpg
Awwwwww, beautiful!
Yes, Jerseys are just GORGEOUS!!!

Yup, you can be my personal-poop-picker-upper. ;)
J/K. If this dream is ever realized I will be VERY HAPPY to have volunteer assistance! I'll call you up first, YLL! :D

Desert Arabian
05-16-2003, 10:52 PM
Scooping poop....no problem, I'll just have to plug my nose, since I have a bad gaging problem. :p :rolleyes: :D

wolfsoul
05-17-2003, 10:16 AM
I'm want to get a catahoula leopard dog, a german shepherd dog, 30-40 rats lol, a hedgehog, some degus, a pot belly pig, a skunk, a couple ferrets, and a jenday conure. :D There will probably be more too lol. Let's hope I still have a computer at that time, so I can tell everyone! ;)

RockyRoad
05-17-2003, 10:26 AM
I have it all planned out as well.

1 Persian Cat named Daphne
1 Border Collie (have not thought of a name, I have to see a dog before I name it)
1 Snapping Turtle named Nixon

And if my lifestyle allowed, some chickens and ducks.:)