PDA

View Full Version : What tricks does your dog know?

*LabLoverKEB*
09-03-2001, 04:43 PM
What tricks does your dog know? If you can tell me, please explain how you taught that trick to your dog, and maybe have a picture, if you have one! Sadie knows how to shake, and flip a treat off her nose and catch it. I've tried to teach her other tricks, but it's too hard! So, please tell me what tricks your dog knows, and explain how you taught your dog that trick, and please post a picture, if you have one!!! Thank you! :D

3-greys-and-a-mutt
09-03-2001, 04:57 PM
The greyhounds know 'sit,' 'shake,' and 'stand up,' and Pup knows those plus 'spin' and 'fetch.' I am working with Paula on 'smile,' and we are working on 'lay down' with all of them. We plan to start obedience with Pup and Paula in about a week, so maybe we'll start working with something new!

KayAnn
09-03-2001, 05:37 PM
all i can say, to make it easier, what tricks doesnt Simba know? ;)

jackiesdaisy1935
09-03-2001, 05:43 PM
Miss Daisy knows how to sit up, crawl, shake paws and lie down. Perry also knows how to do the same things. If I did it right this is a picture of Daisy sitting up.

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/001/bA/s9/6R/xm74556.jpg

[ September 03, 2001: Message edited by: Jackie ]

lizbud
09-03-2001, 06:29 PM
Miss Daisy, Where are your feet??

Jackie,was Daisy sitting with her knees bent
back? Great picture!!

Dixieland Dancer
09-03-2001, 07:38 PM
Jackie,
that is a priceless picture of Daisy. Thanks for sharing it! :)

Dixie know most of the tricks except roll over. I never wanted to teach her that one. My little Dusty (only 4 months) can speak, give paw (both of them), sit, down, come and sit pretty! :D :D

ShepherdLover
09-03-2001, 08:03 PM
Iris knows ALOT of obedience commands, but I don't think I'd call them "tricks." So I won't list them.

Originally posted by KayAnn:
<STRONG>all i can say, to make it easier, what tricks doesnt Simba know? ;)</STRONG>

Does Simba know how to do a back flip? ;)

jackiesdaisy1935
09-03-2001, 08:19 PM
Liz that is what we call a Daisy situp. We are lucky if she gets her front paws off the ground. :D If you know anything about Schnauzers we are lucky to get her to do this when she feels like it and only for a treat. :D :D
Jackie

KayAnn
09-03-2001, 08:21 PM
well.. not really, but he can do summersaults on the bed.. of course i gotta help him... but he can do it! ;)

Rottie
09-04-2001, 12:36 PM
Tricks: Shake, wave, crawl (well, we're working on it), jump through a hoop, retrieve

Carl also knows probably 15 or so obedience commands (for most of them he can do voice and hand signals), but I don't really consider them tricks, because when I ask him to do them I expect them to be performed immediatly, when tricks are just something that you really have to have a treat in your hand the whole time, otherwise they won't do it.

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-04-2001, 01:56 PM
Drake knows sit, shake, lay down, roll over, come here, stay, sing, crawl, jump, fetch, and kiss. We are working on left and right now.

Daisy's Mom
09-04-2001, 02:04 PM
Daisy can howl on command! That's one of my favorite tricks that she does... as for how we taught it to her, we didn't really. She started doing it herself. We realized that if you say, "Howl!" in a very high pitched vouce, she would!

By the way, Jackie, Daisy looks absolutely adorable, as always! :)

Her other good trick is the "bang" trick. If you point your fingers at her like a gun and say "BANG!", she will roll over and play dead! It is so cute, and actually quite easy to teach. Daisy learned it in fifteen minutes and she is a bit stubborn and not the easiest to train, so it might be easier with other dogs! This is what I did: first, I loaded up on treats; Daisy will do anything for food! Then I pointed at her, said "BANG!" and gently rolled her over. Then I gave her a treat and lots of praise. If you repeat this, sooner or later they get the hang of it! It's a rather morbid trick, but it always gets a laugh!

[ September 04, 2001: Message edited by: Daisy's Mom ]

Corinna
09-04-2001, 05:29 PM
Merlin amd my husband had too much time to geather as Tim recovered from cancer . Merlin can shake,high five(oppisite paws),smile, whisper,play lawyer(pleads his case for a treat),sing,and he can do summersalts. All these we learned when he was less than 6 months old. He kept tim from getting depressed at his change of life abilites. I really did think he was gotten for me so I wouldn't get empty nest as the kids started leaving. Imagine I really beleved them!!!
I wouldn't trade the merr monster for anything.(He's a great foot warmer in the winter) Sorry Carrie,but he does sleep on my bed at the foot and always has never tried to get up any farther than the foot. Tim says it was patience and a lot of small bits of treats. Good luck with your dog . My son found a book that I'm going to order" Dog tricks for dummies" I remember at school the national assembles brought shows for us, the one that got me most was a circus dog act (of course) he had 12 mutt rescues that did the most amazing things. I guess they don't do those anymore it's too bad we found out there we so many things other than farming in our little community. Well so much for memory lane sorry to ramble.