PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite dinner meal???

moosmom
05-13-2003, 04:46 PM
I'm just curious if anyone here has a favorite dinner they make.
Mine is

Meatloaf and mashed potatoes with fresh string beans!!

I'm hungry!

primabella
05-13-2003, 04:47 PM
Caneloni or lasagna from my grandmother. She even has thsis special tomato sauce. Mmmmm...

Kfamr
05-13-2003, 04:48 PM
Taco bell lmfao.

Mmmm I love a nice beef roast with mashed tatters and corn... or cheesy potatos, crab legs with butter and those cheese biscuits

anna_66
05-13-2003, 05:11 PM
My fav is roast, mashed potatos & corn:p

But my second favorite is my moms homemade burritos..yummy!

RICHARD
05-13-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
My fav is roast, mashed potatos & corn:p

But my second favorite is my moms homemade burritos..yummy!

carne con chili verde......

pork meat in a green chile sauce, beans, rice and warm flour tortillas....

zippy-kat
05-13-2003, 05:20 PM
southwest eggrolls

or

chile rejanos (help! is that how you spell it?! no laughin'! lol )

Miss Meow
05-13-2003, 06:32 PM
Anything that involves mashed potatoes :)

Or I like making Malaysian fish curry (with rice, not mash ...)

wolfsoul
05-13-2003, 07:01 PM
Pizza...mmmm...

Other than that, cereal lol. I eat cereal litterally atleast 5 times a day! I'm the best cook in the world :rolleyes:

Soledad
05-13-2003, 07:06 PM
Who, besides me, LOVES having breakfast for dinner??

Jesus Freak!!!!
05-13-2003, 07:09 PM
my brother!!!!!

mine is corn dogs!! or onion rings!!!!!! cheese/meat/mushroom sandwitch!!!(sounds weird, but really good!!!!)

Miss Meow
05-13-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Soledad

When I used to train on the bike at night and get home late, I lived on breakfast cereal for dinner! It's quick and nutritious and tastes good, why not? :D

Cookiebaker
05-13-2003, 07:17 PM
Me! I'm not much of a morning person, and just like something light for breakfast. But since I love typical breakfast food, I love having it for dinner. It's often much easier to make than a normal dinner, too!

babolaypo65
05-13-2003, 07:33 PM
I love it! i couldn't spell that for years!! (rellenos btw).

for me it depends: chile rellenos would be right up there,

carne adovada burritos (when I'm a carnivore).

meatloaf with marinara sauce (ditto)

SUSHI!!!!!!!
(vegetarian or seafood).

comfort food will always be lima beans, or pizza.

Originally posted by zippy-kat
southwest eggrolls

or

zippy-kat
05-13-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by babolaypo65
comfort food will always be lima beans, or pizza.

I like lima beans (with a *touch* of sugar) but have never considered them COMFORT food! Interesting! :)

babolaypo65
05-13-2003, 08:15 PM
It's true. a reeeally bad and i come home thinking: big stiff drink? or lima beans (preferrably canned, del monte, with butter and salt...) its weird I know.... but hey, i teethed on green chile veins!

I like lima beans (with a *touch* of sugar) but have never considered them COMFORT food! Interesting! :)

lizbud
05-13-2003, 08:58 PM
A type of bean that I could eat almost as a desert is
butter beans. Throughly cooked(almost soupy). Yum Yum.:D

Favorite meal is Filet minon, baked potato & salad with ranch
dressing. Double Yum.:)

Kfamr
05-13-2003, 11:20 PM
a good chicken ceasar or bacon ceasar salad is yum yum too mmmm

Kater
05-13-2003, 11:36 PM
Dahl (Indian lentil dish) and brown rice.
A side of sweet potatoes.
and Haupia for dessert (a Hawaiian coconut sweet!) :D

Not that I've ever had these three things in one meal.... :p

Kater
05-13-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
Daahl?!?! You know what that is? :eek: LOL

Oh I love Indian food, PCB! They have some of the best vegetarian foods around! And they know how to spice it up! ;)

Oooohh naan, yummmmmm! Chapatis! aaah!

My father was born in India actually.

Soledad
05-14-2003, 12:08 AM
I love daahl. Nothing makes me smile, though, like a nice spinach curry with paneer. Yum!

I think I would argue that pizza and tacos are pretty American foods. Tacos are not Mexican and pizza in Italy is drastically different from pizza in the States. Or do you mean Anglo-Saxon American meals?? We are a mixed up crew here.

shais_mom
05-14-2003, 12:08 AM

ME!!!
I love french toast or blueberry pancakes or cinnamon pancakes.
yummy
But I would have to say also
Sushi
crab legs

my new favorite lunch is a grilled white fish burrito with cucumber dressing, spinach and raisins or craisins. mmmmmmm

popcornbird
05-14-2003, 12:20 AM
I love daahl. Nothing makes me smile, though, like a nice spinach curry with paneer. Yum!

I think I would argue that pizza and tacos are pretty American foods. Tacos are not Mexican and pizza in Italy is drastically different from pizza in the States. Or do you mean Anglo-Saxon American meals?? We are a mixed up crew here.

Well, Americans have their own *style* of pizza, but still, its an *Italian* food. :) I've always known tacos to be Mexican, but I don't know about them deeply. :o I guess Americans mostly adopted foods from different cultures, which is pretty cool because we have such a variety here!

Spinach curry? LOL We just ate that today! MMMMMMMMMM!

I think Indian and Pakistani food is pretty much the same. Only difference is that in certain Indian foods, the spices/flavoring is a little different, but its almost the same. And yup, people of the region sure know how to spice foods just right. ;) I also LOVE Afghan and Irani food! YUM!

Kater, naan is YUMMMMMMMMMM, but chapatis, its just an everyday food, at least for me. Guess I'm too used to it to realize how good it is because I have it almost everyday. :o

We usually send our neighbors food sometimes when my mom makes dinner because they go crazy when they smell it and ask what my mom's cooking for dinner! It just feels so bad not to give them some then!

Miss Meow
05-14-2003, 12:22 AM
Kater/Pops/Soledad - the recipe thread is awaiting your dahl recipes!!! It's one of my favourites! I love making a big so I get a few days' lunches out of it. Yummo with plain yoghurt and mango chutney.

All Creatures Great And Small
05-14-2003, 12:26 AM
Favorite home-cooked dinner would be roast beef, roast turkey, or baked ham, with gravy and mashed potatoes and warm rolls. (I make a wicked ham gravy - learned it from my mother-in-law)

Favorite restaurant meal would be steak, baked potato, and haystack onion rings.

Comfort food - scalloped potatoes and ham or spaghetti (has to be from the Kraft spaghetti mix in the green-colored box; I've been eating "green sketties" since I was a kid!)

anna_66
05-14-2003, 06:43 AM
I agree with Miss Meow, you all need to put some of these wonderful sounding foods in the recipe thread, I'd love to try them.

babolaypo65
05-14-2003, 06:50 AM
try salmon grilled with a chipotle marinade, and that same cucumber sauce, with black beans, in a tortilla.
heaven!

Originally posted by shais_mom

my new favorite lunch is a grilled white fish burrito with cucumber dressing, spinach and raisins or craisins. mmmmmmm

DoggiesAreTheBest
05-14-2003, 06:51 AM
My favorite dinner meal is a Sun dried tomato with Avocado, Portobella Mushroom, and roasted Garlic Pasta with a Basil Balsimic Vinegar sauce!! Yummy!! With cheesy Garlic bread!! I add sauted Shrimps to Andrew's.

Randi
05-14-2003, 07:56 AM
My favourite homemade food is roast duck (the danish way) and roast leg of lam. :p

Another favourite is Italian Carpaccio with the dressing and cheese bits - uhm!! And I like most Indian/Pakistani dishes too. Rice wise, it's got to be Basmati!

In the summer I love having a good Spanish Gaspacho!

I had a delicious tortilla in Hard Rock Cafe in Copenhagen - I just had a look at their site, but they don't seem to have them anymore. :(

Anyone getting hungry! :D

Crikit
05-14-2003, 08:45 AM
Well I'm a big fan of Roast Beef, Mashed potatos, peas, and gravy with a bun or two on the side to dip into the gravy or even better home mad yorkshire puddings...hmmm yorkshire puddings. Other then that I'm a really big fan of anything chicken, love chicken.

mugsy
05-14-2003, 10:55 AM
My mom's chicken and dumplings

slick
05-14-2003, 12:41 PM
Anything ethnic. I hate boring old meat and mashed potatoes. Dim Sum, Japanese, Vietnamese, Indian, and other ethnic foods make my tongue tingle :D

JGuitaristR
05-14-2003, 12:48 PM
Cheese pizza and cottage cheese.

Andie
05-14-2003, 02:12 PM
Lately I've been eating homemade fajita chicken salads 2-3 times a day. I love Dad's homemade nachos and Mom's chicken 'skettie'.

Restraunt wise - Steak fajitas, Chicken quasdillas (sp? I just eat 'em I don't try and spell it) Applebee's Fiesta Lime Chicken

Comfort food - Rosie's (a local restraunt) chicken salad, or just a plain salad (I'm a salad person can ya tell? ;) ) Pepsi, and Pop Tarts (frosted strawberry)

05-14-2003, 02:14 PM
Spagetti carbonara!!:p :p :p

Cheshirekatt
05-14-2003, 02:30 PM
My home made smoked chicken chili. My boyfriend smokes the meat himself with a water smoker and it's soooo tasty! I usually make corn and jalapeno waffles to go with it and finish it off with ginger cheesecake.

wolflady
05-14-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
I'll list my favorite foods below, but anything HOT and spicey will make my day! ;)
...My favorite *dinner* dishes would have to be chicken biryani, nahari, kourma, haleem, and mixed veggies, stirred fried. These are all Pakistani dishes, so unless you are familiar with food from the Indian subcontinent, you wouldn't understand. :eek:
I LOVE lasgana and pizza. I'm more fond of vegetarian lasagna and pizza, rather than having them with meat...

OMG PCB, you have my mouth watering here!:D Chicken Biryani is one of my most favorite dishes (probably slightly different, but I just love Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani...it's their specialty). I love veggie and chicken kourma too!!
Basically any Indian food you put in front of me, I'll love. Especially home-made Andhra Pradesh food. Some of my favorites are the home-made dosas and coconut chutney my friend makes. I've learned how to make quite a few tasty curry dishes from him!
YUM! :D

Uabassoon
05-14-2003, 02:58 PM
Mine are cheese enchiladas. But really I love anything that didn't come prepackaged. Right now all of my dinners are things like ramen and macaroni and cheese.

Cataholic
05-14-2003, 03:14 PM
Frosted Strawberry Poptarts are probably my most fave food...hot from the toaster, with milk! Followed by Chex Mix and orange juice!!!!!!!

Fave dinner meal? LOL, where do I begin? Anything hot and spicy, anything on the grill, really, I have too many things I love to eat! WAY TOO MANY.

The Cat Factory
05-14-2003, 04:01 PM
Poutine!

Cincy'sMom
05-14-2003, 04:11 PM
I just love food :)

I guess my fav is grilled steak, crab legs and a sweet potao with lots of butter and cinnamon. ( If you get the chance, live with engineers who co-op while you are in college...they can afford more then the average student :) )

I love ethnic foods...Indian, Japanese, Thai, Cambodian, Chinese, Italian, etc, etc, etc.

And my fav dessert? It is a close call between ice cream and cheesecake

HoRsELUvR
05-14-2003, 04:46 PM
I like lots of food.I like Chinese food and tacos and mashed potatoes and burgers and about 1000 zillion other things.

RICHARD
05-14-2003, 06:11 PM
southwest eggrolls

or

i love it.....

i went to the mex place around the corner and looked for ANYTHING close to 'rejanos' on the menu.......

the closest was TEJANOS....which means TEXANS...

ummmm, zippy...........wanna explain?????

lmao!

Uabassoon
05-14-2003, 06:27 PM
Richard they are "Rellenos" it means filled with so Chiles Rellenos is stuffed chiles.

Soledad
05-14-2003, 06:50 PM
OMG. I AM SOOOOO HUNGRY. Thanks a lot, you guys.:p

Tina
05-14-2003, 08:27 PM
My favorite dinner food is chicken or steak fajitas then pizza is second.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-14-2003, 08:33 PM
Hmmm.... Where do I start?
~Tacos
~Burritos
~Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
~Extra Cheese Pizza dipped in Ranch...
~Shrimp

I HATE cheesecake and most chocolate, so my fave dessert is probably strawberry icecream.

babolaypo65
05-14-2003, 09:56 PM
yep. you got that right. Around here they are whole green chiles, stuffed with cheddar cheese and spices then rolled in an egg and flour (and beer) batter and then pan fried. covered with green chile sauce. HEAVEN.

Originally posted by Uabassoon
Richard they are "Rellenos" it means filled with so Chiles Rellenos is stuffed chiles.

RICHARD
05-15-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by babolaypo65
yep. you got that right. Around here they are whole green chiles, stuffed with cheddar cheese and spices then rolled in an egg and flour (and beer) batter and then pan fried. covered with green chile sauce. HEAVEN.

no way.......that's impossible...

Logan
05-15-2003, 12:47 PM
I am now hungry, thanks to all of you!! I LOVE anything cooked on grill, whether it be seafood, chicken, pork or steak. We have learned to do our potatoes and vegetables on the grill too. Needless to say, when we cook at home, our menu features "grilled" anything!!! :)

tatsxxx11
05-15-2003, 01:33 PM
I don't think there's a food I don't love or am not willing to try, especially if it's fresh and homemade! I especially love seafood, veggies and fruit and all ethnic foods, especially Lebanese/Middle Eastern, Indian, ( the hotter the better!) Greek, Mexican (ceviche, yum!) Thai and Japanese. My husband's Japanese so I get treated to the BEST homemade food by him and my Obasama! ("Mom!") and my good friend is Lebanese and his Mom's always cooking up something special for me! I especially love kibbeh, cooked or raw, kofta, muhammara, homemade labneh......ahhh!!! I'm hungry!:D

RICHARD
05-15-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
Mexican (ceviche, yum!) ahhh!!! :D

DING DING DING DING DING ........WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

with a HUGE shrimp cocktail, saltine crackers and an ice cold bottle of corona beer...

by the beach in Malibu, CA there is a seafood restaurant called Gladstone's.

the smell of the salt water and food is to die for....

carole
05-15-2003, 07:48 PM
Hmm maybe New Zealand Roast Lamb, with all the trimmings, mashed potato, peas, Kumara, carrots, followed by pavlova decorated with kiwifruit. ooh i am hungry now............:) :D