PDA

View Full Version : Okay, call me weak...

moosmom
05-13-2003, 12:40 PM
I am now a foster mama to Fawn, the little Maine Coon mix I told you about in my last thread. I went in this morning to schmooze with the kitties. She was the first one I took out. Poor little girl was shaking so badly. Those %$#@ puppies were hurting my ears, so I can imagine what it was doing to her. I went to the front office and asked about fostering her. I filled out an application and BAM...was walking out the door with her in a carrier, a new litterbox, food and litter.

She's now in my spare bedroom with a window box, bed, tent and radio playing classical music. At least I'll be able to sleep tonight knowing she's in a quiet, peaceful environment.

I found out that someone abandoned her at the shelter while she was pregnant!!! :mad: :mad: I hope whoever did this to her rots in hell and SOON!

I'm going to post pictures of her soon so you can see what she looks like. She is VERY thin and scared to death. Hopefully, in time she will come around.

lovemyshiba
05-13-2003, 12:43 PM
Somehow I knew that sweet Fawnie girl was going to make it home with you!!!! It's so wonderful for you to give her a home--even if it is temporary--I can't wait to see this little sweetie's picture!!

ramanth
05-13-2003, 12:51 PM
*HUGS*

You're the greatest Donna!

lbaker
05-13-2003, 12:51 PM
push-over? no. weak? no. just someone with a HUGE HEART OF GOLD Thank you for doing the right thing.
Laurie

Randi
05-13-2003, 01:26 PM
Donna, I can't express how happy I am to hear this!!! I feel like celebrating! :D It must be such a great feeling for you. :D I know that sweet little Fawn will be spoiled rotten!

You are an angel!!! Can't wait to hear more and see pics! :) :) :)

moosmom
05-13-2003, 01:50 PM
I feel a HUGE sense of relief knowing that she's being well cared for in a quiet environment. Don't get me wrong, I love all animals. But those puppies have SO much engery and everytime someone would open the door, the barking would start. I know I did the right thing. I have told no one except for you guys. It's going to be our little secret ;).

I promise I'll post picture soon.

Miss Meow
05-13-2003, 04:47 PM
You softie, you! Congratulations on your new addition. You're just the person to give her confidence again and a new start at life :) Look forward to lots of pictures soon

RockyRoad
05-13-2003, 04:52 PM
Good for you to take her into your home to give her a nice, quiet room where she will be happy. Congrats!!
Oh, can't wait for pics of the sweetie! :)

bluekat
05-13-2003, 04:52 PM
I'm so happy, you did the right thing. Poor kitty, she must've been very scared, and I bet she's very happy that you took her in.

anna_66
05-13-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
Somehow I knew that sweet Fawnie girl was going to make it home with you!!!!
Oh, so did I:D
I hope your able to find her a wonderful home, your such a great person Donna!

ChrisH
05-13-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
*HUGS*

You're the greatest Donna!
Seconded! :) :) :)

moosmom
05-13-2003, 06:42 PM
Thanks for the confidence and support everyone! She's still under the bed. She's being treated for earmites until May 22nd. Unfortunately, I can't treat it unless she emerges from under the bed!! :eek:

captain
05-13-2003, 06:48 PM
Oooo, just KNEW you would take her home!!!

AND

DAMN those beds!!!! :D

moosmom
05-13-2003, 07:38 PM
I coaxed her out with a teaser wand and crunchie kitty food. The minute she came out, she started purring!!

Here are some pictures.

moosmom
05-13-2003, 07:39 PM
Here's more.

moosmom
05-13-2003, 07:40 PM
Here's more :D

moosmom
05-13-2003, 07:40 PM
She's a sweet little thing but VERY thin!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-13-2003, 07:43 PM
You are a WONDERFUL person! When I get older, I'm gonna live on a huge ranch and take all the animals from the shelter.

Fawnie, what a LUCKY cat you are. Stay beautiful!

captain
05-13-2003, 07:48 PM
What a beauty!!!!!

You are amazing :)

Cincy'sMom
05-13-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
Somehow I knew that sweet Fawnie girl was going to make it home with you!!!!

I had that feeling too!!! Another cat in a better situation :)

She is a cutie!! She has that look in her eye:)

moosmom
05-13-2003, 08:37 PM
The thing that is so great is I KNOW she is only a foster and will get a wonderful home eventually. I am attached to her, but not to the point where I want to adopt her. 7 is my limit.

Miss Meow
05-13-2003, 08:54 PM
She's beautiful, and it's great that she's feeling a bit more relaxed. :)

NoahsMommy
05-13-2003, 08:57 PM
Weak? Naw....I think you're kind hearted...a true cat lover. :)

She's gorgeous!! I love maine coons....they are such special cats. Gentle giants. :)

I wish you the best of luck with her. I just know she'll flourish in your care.

You did a wonderfully kind thing.

shais_mom
05-13-2003, 11:58 PM
I disagree with you being weak too! BIG Hearted!? YES!!
she looks very sweet:)

Kater
05-14-2003, 12:04 AM
Donna, you have so much love to give!

She is lovely! I know she will shine under your care and put on some healthy weight! She does look quite thin!

Please do keep us updated! :D :D :D

AmberLee
05-14-2003, 12:27 AM
Wow, Fawn is such a cutie!

krazyaboutkatz
05-14-2003, 12:49 AM
Donna, I'm so glad that you decided to foster Fawn. :) You're not weak at all. You're a caring, loving person with a big heart. :D With all of your care and kindness, I'm sure she'll find a great loving forever home. :D Please keep us updated.

marysmerrycats
05-14-2003, 12:49 AM
Fawn is so pretty, and very lucky to have you take care of her!:)

anna_66
05-14-2003, 06:34 AM
She is a little on the thin and scared side, but I'm sure you'll bring her out of her shell and put some weight on her in no time:D

IttyBittyKitty
05-14-2003, 06:49 AM
The only person that is "weak" around here is the !@#$%# who dumped that beautiful kitty! Let's hope she find a furrever home as soon as possible.

lynnestankard
05-14-2003, 07:32 AM
{{{HUGS}}} Donna - you're so sweet.

I'm sure Fawn says 'Fank You Foster Meowmie'!! xxx

Love Lynne

moosmom
05-14-2003, 08:11 AM
As expected, I didn't get much sleep last night. It was very sporadic. Between Fawn meowing and MooShoo scratching at the door, I was playing musical beds!!

But she's doing so well! I'm getting head bumpies and she's purring like a diesel engine.

I tried to sleep in her room, but Moo wouldn't have it. It's HIS time when the lights go out and he crawls under the covers into my arms. So, I turned on the ceiling fan (those hot flashes are pretty bad at night) and went to sleep. Fawn finally settled down for a while. I snuck out of my bed when I heard her crying and spent time with her. I put a pillow on the bottom of the linen closet and she loves sleeping there. They sent Meow Mix with her. I've changed her food to Felidae, which is an all natural cruncy food. She loves it! She won't touch canned food at all. But she does drink water, so that's good.

So, things are going well. I feel kinda bad that her room doesn't get much sunlight, although she DOES have the little window box, kitty tent and radio playing classical music. It beats being in a cage in a room with alot of yapping puppies!

ramanth
05-14-2003, 08:25 AM
Oh Donna, she's so beautiful! I just know you'll fatten her up and find her a new loving home. :D

*hugs*

PayItForward
05-14-2003, 08:39 AM
I am so pleased you ended up fosting Fawn. You sounded so distressed about her situation in your last post.

You are such a kind hearted & strong person to take in and care for this little one, until she is ready for her new home.

Love the photos.

You can read so much in her sad eyes, I am sure she is so happy to be away from that shelter.

But are you sure you can let her go ??

moosmom
05-14-2003, 09:40 AM
PayItForward,

I am SO sure I can find a home for her. I'm going to see if I can work on an adoption day at maybe Petco or Pet Supplies Plus. I love doing it and it gives the older cats exposure.

7 is my limit. Honest!!

PayItForward
05-14-2003, 09:55 AM
LOL. Good for you.

I am so sure you'll rehome her really fast, she's a sweetie.

Good luck on the adoption day, not that you'll need it.

PS. See if you can pass the Pet Talk email to Fawn's new owners, I'd love to hear how she gets on !!

ChrisH
05-14-2003, 09:59 AM
Awww, she is beautiful.

marysmerrycats
05-14-2003, 10:48 AM
The only person that is "weak" around here is the !@#$%# who dumped that beautiful kitty! Let's hope she find a furrever home as soon as possible.

isn't that the truth! you aren't weak, just caring.

slick
05-14-2003, 01:00 PM
Fawn you are beautiful although I was expecting to see a beige coloured kitty. You are a wonderful person, Moosmom, for taking Fawn in. Here's hoping that adoption day goes well and you find a loving furrever home for Fawn.

jenluckenbach
05-14-2003, 02:52 PM
nah ! Just an ol' softie. But that Fawn could not have ended up in a better place. If anyone can get her ready for a new family, it's YOU. Thank you for caring so much about these critters.