PDA

View Full Version : Well..I got a job lol

slleipnir
05-13-2003, 11:56 AM
I'm actually really nervous :x I don't start till June after school is done, but I'm going to be waitressing :x I'm really shy, thats my problem, but I think I need to do this to help me out of my shell..My mom works for a motel thingie called Rodds where she manages the bar and dining room..I'm always in helping her with stuff when I can so I think thats one of the reason's she's going to hire me ;) (Keep in mind...a lot of my family has or is working there..its messed up :x 2 of my aunts have (one works at a different Rodds now) my mom and sister currently work there (I'll get to have a few shifts with my sis which is neat) and my bro for a very short time lol) And I also know like everyone there and where things go etc so that will be really nice..thats why I would love to start there seeing as I know ppl..My mom says ppl on like bus tours when it's really busy snap at you and call you stupid :rolleyes: but not to take it personally lmao, I'm pretty sure I would :rolleyes: I DID really want a job at the pet stores but they don't seem to take ppl here unless you have lots of experience which doesn't make sense but whatever..Anywho I'll stop blabbing as this really has nothing to do with anything. I'm kinda excited and nervous at the same time and felt like blabbing about it..

PayItForward
05-13-2003, 12:06 PM
Congratulations on your new job. :D

Tell us all about it when you start.

Although you will probually meet some silly people, I found that a lot of people respond well to a smile and cheery attitude.

I work for many years whilst studying, as a waitress, it is a hard job but I found it rewarding in a lot of ways.

But hard on your feet, wear the comfiest flatest shoes you have with suitable treads on the sole, as kitchen floors can be very slippy.

lovemyshiba
05-13-2003, 12:42 PM
Congrats on the job!!!
I am a waitress, and I love it!! People can be tough sometimes, but they're always like that, no matter where you work.
Keep us updated on the job, sounds like fun!!:)

anna_66
05-13-2003, 05:15 PM
Like as said in the other posts, it's tough, but sometimes very rewarding. And comfy shoes are a must!

Let us know how things go...congrats!

slleipnir
05-13-2003, 05:54 PM
Thanks :) I guess I'll find out why my mom goes through so many shoes huh anna :p lol

anna_66
05-13-2003, 06:04 PM
Oh yeah!:p

tatsxxx11
05-13-2003, 06:45 PM
Congrats, Audrey!!:) Don't worry!! You'll do great! And it just might be the thing to get you out of your shell! I waitressed in college; hard work, but it really can be great fun and you definitely won't be bored!:D But, oh, those aching feet!!;)

captain
05-13-2003, 06:53 PM
Congrats!!!

I waitressed for about 4 years, and whilst you always get some RUDE, MEAN people, it is the one who are kind, nice and polite that always make your day.

Tips:
Always be nice - even to the RUDE ones. They eventually realise they are being morons!!!

Talk with a "smile"

Wear flat shoes, with great tread(as mentioned, those kitchen floors can get slippy)

Let us know how it goes!

slleipnir
05-13-2003, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the tips :) I'd ask my mom about those ppl and she's like yeah always be nice. and I was like "well how can you resist not telling them off...arg" shes like well don't..besides, I just walk off and mudder to myself "insert curse words" (she actually says the words but its probably no suited for a family site ;D)

captain
05-13-2003, 07:45 PM
I can relate to your Mum!!! - Be nice, but walk away with words inside your head!!! :D

slleipnir
05-13-2003, 07:50 PM
hah, I will, but it will probably be hard sometimes :rolleyes:

carole
05-13-2003, 09:21 PM
Well in my younger days i too did a spot of waitressing, and i was painfully shy, it was either do that or work in the local car factory, not a job treasured by many, so i opted for the waitressing job, it was brilliant, and did help me overcome my shyness somewhat, until i got sick of all the rugby player teams coming in and harassing all the young waitresses, today they would not get away with it, as it was our boss refused for us to serve them unless they calmed down.
Well good luck.