PDA

View Full Version : I need prayers

Dixie Belle
09-03-2001, 11:15 AM
It is that time of year for all puppies to get their shots. I took Mama and Belle. And their vet says....Belle has to have surgery!
See, my big baby has two eye diseases. She has the normal one for St. Bernards, which is the drooping skin thing. But then she turns around and gets the reverse one too. That means that her eyelid is rolling in onto her eye. If left alone, is will form an ulser on her eyeball, and she will eventually be blind in her eye.
She has already had this surgery one time, and now it is time for the other eye. She has to be there Friday. And she gets to wear the funny collar for two to three weeks.
So, everyone, please think about me and my husband for the next few weeks. It wouldn't be as hard if she was the size of Mama, but being as big as she is, it is difficult to handle.

Albea
09-03-2001, 11:51 AM
We will certainly be thinking and praying for Belle and you until you tell us that she's back home and on her way to recovery.
Best get well wishes from Carina and Alicia. :)

aly
09-03-2001, 12:10 PM
Good luck with everything. I will be praying for Belle and your family. I'm sure everything will work out okay.

Karen
09-03-2001, 12:22 PM
Poor big baby, Dixie Belle. At least she'll get to come home to recover, even if it means wearing the funny collar - just tell her she looks like Queen Elizabeth (I) with the big white collar, maybe she won't resent it too much. And tell Mama not to pick on her! Give her a big old tummy scritch for me!

jackiesdaisy1935
09-03-2001, 12:33 PM
I am so sorry for poor Belle, no matter how big they are they are still our little babies. Of course we will be praying for her and thinking about her and you too. I'm sure her surgery will go well but just for safety's sake we will keep her in our thoughts until she comes home and is on the road to recovery. Take care.
Jackie

zippy-kat
09-03-2001, 12:58 PM
Your family and furbabies are in my prayers!

*LabLoverKEB*
09-03-2001, 01:32 PM
Oh, poor baby Belle! :( :eek: I will keep you, your husband, your Belle, and the rest of your furbabiez. I'm sooo sorry that your sweetheart has to get sugerey :( :( :( . I wish I could be there with you and Belle. I'm sure it will be ok. Take care!

RachelJ
09-03-2001, 03:07 PM
Yes, we will certainly be thinking and praying for Belle. Thankfully there is a means to treat this problem and you are so good to give Belle the advantage of access to something that will improve her condition.

Sudilar
09-03-2001, 03:16 PM
Good luck, Belle!! We'll be praying for you.

Dixieland Dancer
09-03-2001, 07:43 PM
Dixie Belle you and your family are in our prayers. My Dixie (don't you just love the name) gives you a doggy high five and a special doggy prayer for a speedy recovery. Please keep us posted on your get well progress!

Logan
09-03-2001, 08:26 PM
Good luck with the surgery. We will definitely keep all of you in our prayers, and hope for an uneventful recuperation. :)

09-03-2001, 09:15 PM
Good luck Belle! I am praying for you - Lexi, Sasha and Maddie are all wishing you well too :D! Cheryl, I hope you are doing okay. I'm sure Belle is in good hands. Try not to worry yourself okay? Take care and hugs and kisses to Blue, Justin, Mama and Belle!

Corinna
09-03-2001, 10:23 PM
Having springers I know all about the eye problems have had a couple Just remember to watch the bright sunlight for a while.
Merlin and I are praying for all.

K9karen
09-03-2001, 10:31 PM
Cody and I will also keep all our fingers and paws crossed for Belle's speedy recovery!

K9karen
09-03-2001, 10:31 PM
Cody and I will also keep all our fingers and paws crossed for Belle's speedy recovery!

delidog
09-04-2001, 05:14 AM
deli dog and ms.puss have all their paws crossed for you...and i have your furkids in my prayers...deli

tatsxxx11
09-04-2001, 05:47 AM
Of course!! Cody, Star and I will keep precious Belle in our prayers. I'm so sorry to hear that your sweet, beautiful, big "baby" has to go through surgery. And that her mama has to go through the anxious "wait!" Please give her big, big hugs and kisses from all of us here. We'll be anxiouisly waiting to hear that she is home and recovering! Collar and all! :) Love, Sandra, Cody and Star

Gio
09-04-2001, 06:16 AM
Prayers coming up from me as well!

Daisy's Mom
09-04-2001, 02:29 PM
Daisy and I will keep sweet beautiful Belle in our prayers, too. I saw a show on Animal Planet about that condition... from what I understood, it is rather painful and Belle will be so sooo happy when it's all fixed! I am sure everything will be fine. My Daisy has to have eye surgery next week too... it's so nerve-wracking, isn't it? Kisses to wonderful Belle!

[ September 04, 2001: Message edited by: Daisy's Mom ]

jackiesdaisy1935
09-07-2001, 03:12 PM
I need any positive thoughts and prayers anyone can give to our daughter Lories little Schnauzer, Sabrina. Lorie was up all night with her vomiting and diarrhea (spelling) had some blood in her vomit. She layed on the couch with her all night and first thing this morning they took her to the Vet. Will do blood tests etc, also found at the same time she has a cracked tooth that will have to come out. Sabrina's husband Alex (they both were rescues who had puppies together before Lorie got them) is so sad he won't come out from under the bed.
I'm so upset, all the Schnauzers in our family six of them are my babies.
Alex in on the left Sabrina on the right
Jackie

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/038/2w/5A/J6/y462036.jpg

[ September 07, 2001: Message edited by: Jackie ]

aly
09-07-2001, 04:16 PM
I will be praying for Sweet Sabrina. I hope she is better soon. It is so awful to watch our little ones go through any sort of pain. Please let us know as soon as you hear any news.

Daisy's Mom
09-07-2001, 07:50 PM
Poor Sabrina! Her family must be so worried! I will keep her in my prayers also.

jackiesdaisy1935
09-07-2001, 08:48 PM
Lorie called me tonight and she said they took blood tests and everything was normal, they sent her home and are to watch her, if she starts to vomit again, she has to take her back because she may have an obstruction.
Poor thing, Alex (we call him Sabrina's husband) is so happy to have her back. He came out from under the bed. She is going to let me know in the morning how Sabrina is doing.

Daisy's Mom
09-08-2001, 01:06 PM
I am so glad that the blood tests showed nothing wrong. How is Sabrina today, Jackie? Daisy and I prayed that she has no serious problems.

aly
09-08-2001, 01:42 PM
I'm glad all the tests went okay. I will continue my prayers until Sabrina makes a full recovery. I'm glad Alex is out from under the bed :)

jackiesdaisy1935
09-08-2001, 01:54 PM
I talked to Lorie this morning and she said Sabrina will not eat the special diet the Vet gave her, but not vomiting, I told her to try to see that she drinks plenty of water. She will check with the Vet later to see what to do.
Jackie

tatsxxx11
09-08-2001, 04:40 PM
Oh Jackie. Poor Sabrina, poor Alex!!! Not to mention Lorie and yourself :( I'm glad thought that the initial tests were negative. Don't you just wish they could talk to us and tell us how they feel??? Alex must be so glad to have his lady home again. Paws crossed that she stays the course, starts eating and taking her fluids. Please send my get well wishes to Lorie, and hugs for sweet Sabrina. Love, Sandra

aly
09-08-2001, 06:12 PM
Hey Jackie, maybe Sabrina has what Reece had that time a few months back. He had the worst uncontrollable diarrhea and vomitting. He had eaten that rotten chicken meat from the trash and got better in a few days.

Oh I just looked back and remembered there was blood in her vomit. Not sure what that could be then :(

crow_noir
09-08-2001, 06:39 PM
my thoughts are with you Dixie and Jackie!!!