PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone see Animal Precinct last night???

moosmom
05-13-2003, 08:49 AM
To top off being totally depressed over my first day at the Dearborn Animal Shelter, I watched Animal Precinct lastl night.

They rescued 249 CATS :eek: :eek: from a single home in Detroit!!! It took the investigators over 16 manhours. These poor cats had never seen the light of day, smelled fresh air, frolicked in the sun...NOTHING!!! Here I was a 50 year old blubbering idiot. To make matters worse, because these cats were so feral, every one of them had to be euthanized. They were all very sick. They had to live in pee and poop. The crew had to wear protective gear that's how bad the living conditions were.

They said that this man was a cat collector and would not face charges, but would be psychiatrically evaluated. They also said that this was the largest feline rescue in the history of the Michigan Humane Society!!

And my SIL thinks I have too many cats!!!

ramanth
05-13-2003, 09:05 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

If they don't charge the guy with SOMETHING what's to stop him from doing it again!?

Cat collector or not, he caused those animals suffering and their lives. :mad:

lovemyshiba
05-13-2003, 09:16 AM
249:eek: :eek:

The house must have been utterly disgusting!!
How sad that they all had to be euthanized--poor kitties:(

GoldenRetrLuver
05-13-2003, 09:21 AM
I saw it too...it was really sad:( ...those poor cats were kept in horrible conditions, and were not given any food/water...It was so sad.....:( They better do something about this!!!!!!

Vio&Juni
05-13-2003, 09:48 AM
OMG!!!

PayItForward
05-13-2003, 12:09 PM
I don't understand, why is he not being charged ?

RIP sweet kitties enjoy the bridge, as you couldn't enjoy your earth bound life.

shais_mom
05-13-2003, 12:21 PM
I have seen that one on ANIMAL COPS before!
I was amazed! and saddened. and angered.

bluekat
05-13-2003, 05:33 PM
That kind of stuff makes me sooooo mad! Some people own too many cats, and yet, they don't care for them. On this show before, a man had 650 cats!!!!:eek: I'm not kidding, he rescued all of them. But he doesn't treat them bad or anything, he just takes in feral cats. His house is FULL of cats, everywhere you look. Now that is ALOT:eek:

krazyaboutkatz
05-14-2003, 01:01 AM
Yes, I've seen this one before and each time I watch it I feel sad and angry at the same time. When they talked to the man he said he loves cats so he took in a stay that happened to be pregnant. She then had 9 kittens. He then said he didn't realise how quickly cats could reproduce. My response is if you can't handle the situation please get some help. He could have called many rescue organizations and they could have found homes for all of the kittens and the mother cat could have been spayed too. This whole situation makes me so mad because all of this could have easily been prevented. :mad: I don't think it's fair that he isn't going to be charged with anything either. :mad:

IttyBittyKitty
05-14-2003, 06:56 AM
Honestly! Cats will breed once a year, maybe twice if you are unlucky. That gave him six months in which to desex Mummy kiitty and her nine babies and leave it at a manageable number. Some people are so reprehensibly stupid!!!!!

moosmom
05-14-2003, 05:45 PM
Some people are so reprehensibly stupid!!!!!

You won't get any argument from me!!