PDA

View Full Version : Please help, betta injured

bookworm
05-13-2003, 08:11 AM
A girl at school brought in two bettas as part of a ecosystem project she is doing. The fish were doing fine, water was changed regularly and they were fed. But some very mean and selfish person put the two males together! One came out fine, but the other is bleeding on his face, has torn fins, and breathing very heavily. Is there anything we can do to help him? Will a vet be able to do anything? Or is it a wait and see thing?

wolfsoul
05-17-2003, 07:23 PM
Welcome to pet talk :)

I don't think that there is much you can do at this point :( Vets can't do too much for fish :(

Just don't change his water unless it absolutely needs to be changed because you don't want water at a different temperature or a different environment to shock him..

Is he eating fine? Can he swim properly?

I hope everything turns out well, good luck!

CameozMom
05-17-2003, 07:24 PM
I don't know if I am too late or not but I know of this website where you can ask a pet expert online and they will reply to you. Just click on this text (http://www.practical-pet-care.com/fish_forum.php) and try to get your answer there! I hope this helps!

bookworm
05-18-2003, 09:19 AM
I think he's doing better. We found out he is blind in one eye (so I named him Cyclops) and we think he probably has a fungal infection. I checked out bettatalk.com and put in a drop of a 1% methalyene (sp?) blue solution that is suposed to help. I didn't think a vet could do anything for him, I was just hoping because I felt so bad for the guy. He didn't do anything to deserve it, and it wasn't the other fish's fault, he was just doing what instinct told him to do. My biology teacher took his this weekend. She has helped a lot with this. I'll keep you posted.

bookworm
05-23-2003, 09:04 AM
Poor Cyclops didn't make it:( He was looking so much better and we thought the medicine was working, but we found him last Friday night. I think it was because he wasn't eating. I felt so bad, he didn't deserve to die.

CameozMom
05-23-2003, 10:20 AM
I am extremely sorry for the loss of Cyclops. He really didn't deserve to die. He is in a better place now. My sympathies are with you! Remember the fish that he was and keep smiling for the memories he gave you!

tatsxxx11
06-09-2003, 01:36 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that Cyclops passed away:( You are a very caring person and did the best you could to help him. He's swimming now, healed and whole, in a beautiful pond at the Rainbow Bridge...no one can hurt him now:)