PDA

View Full Version : I think we need a bigger bed.

PayItForward
05-13-2003, 07:24 AM
My partner got up to leave to go to work (very early this morning)

But instead of being able to stretch out in bed, George & Milo moved like lighting.

Two minutes after Steve got up, the bed looked like this......

http://www.jennykenwright.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/BedPlan.bmp

Mmm, I think we need to buy a bigger bed. Do you think that will help ? As I suspect cats just expand to fill the available space.

What will we do if/when Milly ever decides to regularly sleep on our bed at night, I don't know.

Ps. It's a bad sketch and isn't to scale, just to give you an idea.

ScantyNebula
05-13-2003, 07:31 AM
ROFL that pic is hilarious .. gotta love stick guys .. LOL I know the feeling .. we have a double bed and one cat who sleeps with us every night .. just wait til we get another one! Queen size bed will be in the budget haha

zippy-kat
05-13-2003, 08:09 AM
:D :D LOL LOL

Love the drawing! (What do you mean it's not to scale? ;) )

A bigger bed? Sure!! Then you'd have room for another cat or two! :D

PayItForward
05-13-2003, 08:16 AM
We already have another cat Milly (She just sleeps on the bed during the day when it's empty.)

sasvermont
05-13-2003, 08:34 AM
Wow, such thin people and cats.

:eek:

Edwina's Secretary
05-13-2003, 08:52 AM
Wow, such thin people and cats.

giggle....

Skip the queen sized bed. It is a waste of money....go straight to king sized....and still you will wonder..."Is there room for me???"

ramanth
05-13-2003, 09:26 AM
My what BIG cats you have! ;) :D

Love the illustration. lol!

I know the feeling!

Randi
05-13-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Skip the queen sized bed. It is a waste of money....go straight to king sized....and still you will wonder..."Is there room for me???"
LOL! I couldn't agree more! I'm actually considering the same! ;)

PayItForward
05-13-2003, 09:30 AM
My cats look normal (cat you use this word about a cat ?) but they get very very long.

They are can stretch a least double what I expected.

batgirl1980
05-13-2003, 10:04 AM
LMAO!
Great photo er drawing...;)... A bigger bed.. well.. that just gives THEM more room to stretch.
I have a Queen waterbed (air mattress inside now instead of water).. and 3 cats.. Let me tell you.. my husband and i are ALWAYS battling for room! But it's soo much fun on cold nights.. because those kitties sure do get warm! :D

HayleyRosie
05-13-2003, 10:18 AM
Great drawing. Is it done in AutoCad?

About the bigger bed. I really don't think its going to make a difference.

emily_the_spoiled
05-13-2003, 01:19 PM
I am single and have a queen size bed and two cats. I run into one of two situtations, either there is NO room for me on the bed or both of them decide they want to sleep on top on me. So then there is plenty of room on the bed, but I just can't move ;) ;)

bluekat
05-13-2003, 05:21 PM
Hehe, Love the pic:D What were you thinking, you have to buy the kitties a bed of their own, maybe a king size? Pretty soon, you'll be sleeping on the floor. hehe, just joking:p

Prairie Purrs
05-13-2003, 05:31 PM
Tee hee! :D Just try finding some space on the bed when you've got five or six cats up there at once. I often wake up to find someone (usually Kacey or Lily) curled up by my pillow, two or three more cuddled on either side, and someone (usually Hagrid) sprawled across my legs. Then Katie or Cricket will jump on top of me and start licking my face. :rolleyes:

PayItForward
05-13-2003, 05:41 PM
I don't mind really but I worry me or Steve will roll over or kick one of the cats, while we're asleep.

But there is no keeping them out of our room, too many cries and little paws rattling the door. (And waking up with our cats is fun :D )

jenluckenbach
05-13-2003, 05:48 PM
OK all you amateur cat families. Add another stick person and 5 or 6 MORE cats to that drawing and you've got our house. Every night, all night. How can a creature, so relatively small in size take up so much room!!!!???????!!!!!!!!!:eek: :D

BastetsMum
05-13-2003, 07:04 PM
Bastet has kicked me out of my queen sized bed once! I kid you not! She was playing with a mousie at 3am in the morning and doing those weird bunny kicks - of couse your body moves away from any kind of pain even when you are unconscious. So my body kept moving until *THUNK* I fell out of the bed and woke myself up. Bastet was looking at me from the top of the bed and I was staring up at her from the uncomfortable position on the floor. Suffice to say after that day no more mousies in the bedroom!

I think the lounge room floor would make a good bed - you may be lucky and be able to stretch out! :D

NoahsMommy
05-13-2003, 08:31 PM
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your drawing!! Sooooo cute!!!! :D

That sure looks like my bed.....Noel and Olivia prefer to lay where our legs go too. :)

krazyaboutkatz
05-14-2003, 12:09 AM
LOL I love your drawing. :D I'm single and I have a queen sized bed and sometimes it's too small. Storm likes to sleep on the foot of the bed on the same side as me of course. He usually ends up sleeping on my feet. Sometimes Sunny will sleep there too so then I have 2 cats on my feet. Cirrus hasn't slept on my bed while I've been in it yet but I'm sure he'll do it sooner or later. :) I love it when Sunny is on one side of me and Storm is on the other side of me and they're both cuddled up with me. :D

Vio&Juni
05-14-2003, 03:55 AM
Love the drawing and all the comments :D :D

I think you all know how small is Juni, but she becomes so big suddenly when she lays on our bed. My sister, who moves more than me, has some marks on her legs right now. Juni thinks this is HER bed.

PayItForward
05-14-2003, 05:58 AM
Originally Posted by JenLuckenBach
OK all you amateur cat families. Add another stick person and 5 or 6 MORE cats to that drawing and you've got our house

So Jen's bed must look like this.........

http://www.jennykenwright.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/BedPlan2.bmp

Looks fun :D

HayleyRosie
05-14-2003, 06:09 AM
Wow! Jen's bed looks really full and there could even be more cats on that bed with them. A drawing with all 13 cats on the bed with the two of them would be good but if that actually happens I think we need an actual photo.

ScantyNebula
05-14-2003, 09:16 AM
with one kitty, we still have plenty of room .. in the future I hope that will change ;)

here is our bed now:

http://www.nebulaart.com/toby/bed.jpg

:D :D

He has learned not to sleep by my feet because I kick them around so much!

PayItForward
05-14-2003, 09:26 AM
Oh very sweet picture. :D

So when are you getting a friend for your beautiful Toby.

ScantyNebula
05-14-2003, 09:35 AM
hopefully by July .. My fiance is not as excited about getting another cat ... however he is willing to do it because he knows how much I want another one :) Plus, he was reluctant to get Toby as well .. but I know he doesn't regret it the least bit, another one will be double fun :D :D

Cataholic
05-14-2003, 12:55 PM
I am somewhere between Emily_the_spoiled, Zippy, and Jen...while I am single, and have a QSB, I share it with FIVE cats. I have little 'funnel' areas I can put my feet, usually inbetween Dakky/Tenny and Texas. I love it, and think I just watch how I move my feet. I knew there was NO WAY I would welcome Binx into my bed...while he is a cute little 60 pounder now, I just can't imagine 160 pounder and five cats!!!!!!! Maybe if I was more stick figureish like the rest of you :p :D

PayItForward
05-14-2003, 01:00 PM
ScantyNebula...
Yeah...Roll on July. Let your fella *think* he has chosen the new cat, he's got to love it then ;)

Cataholic...

I have little 'funnel' areas I can put my feet, usually inbetween Dakky/Tenny and Texas.
LOL. Sounds familar :D

Edwina's Secretary
05-14-2003, 02:28 PM
I don't know how to draw stick figures but here is a photo of Edwina in her favorite spot on our king sized bed.....

ON TOP OF MY LEGS (very hard on the back!!!)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid53/p8562d684b4d1d4aceee56b8ce7c36c92/fc92a263.jpg

jenluckenbach
05-14-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by PayItForward
So Jen's bed must look like this.........

http://www.jennykenwright.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/BedPlan2.bmp

Looks fun :D
LMAO

BUT

THAT'S IT EXACTLY !!!

PayItForward
05-14-2003, 02:46 PM
Edwina, don't hurt your Mummys' back.

Awwww....You know you're too cute to be moved. :D

Vermontcat
05-14-2003, 09:14 PM
I love the illustrations, especially the one of Jen and her fur family.:D
So tell me Jen, which one of the cats is poking you in the butt all the time?;) :p

HayleyRosie
05-15-2003, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by ScantyNebula
hopefully by July .. My fiance is not as excited about getting another cat ... however he is willing to do it because he knows how much I want another one :) Plus, he was reluctant to get Toby as well .. but I know he doesn't regret it the least bit, another one will be double fun :D :D

Now I can't wait for July to hear about Toby's new brother or sister!