PDA

View Full Version : Deer Hunting

teena
11-07-2000, 04:30 PM
Are there any deer hunters out there? I live in Southern Utah where it is a tradition and I HATE IT!!!!!! I understand if someone really needs the meat to feed their family, but here it mostly done for sport. My idea of a fair hunt is sending all the deer to hunter safety school, giving them an orange vest and a 30.30 rifle and turning them loose. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif My neighbors all call me a "tree hugger". When we bought a cow for slaughter, my hubby wouldn't let me anywhere near it 'cause he knew if I saw it I wouldn't eat it.

Daisy's Mom
11-07-2000, 06:38 PM
I hate it too! Two of my uncles do it and I hate them during the winter. When they get a deer I cry and lecture my cousins about how awful it is but they don't understand, "Dad's cool." I am glad some people agree with me! I wish hunting was illegal unless necessary to LIVE!

tatsxxx11
11-07-2000, 07:01 PM
Not even a question for me. I find it revolting that someone who doesn't have to kill for survival (food, clothing, etc.) has to unfairly stalk and kill such a beautiful creature. I wish these hunters would just admit it: They do it for fun and "sport??" I think it's unconscienable. My friends' father has a large moose head mounted on his wall and I can't even look at it. I think too we should arm the deer, bears, etc. and have them stalk the hunters to see what it feels like. I am always on the side of the vulnerable one.

Sudilar
11-07-2000, 11:28 PM
I hate hunters.

------------------
***Save a life, ADOPT***

karen israel
11-08-2000, 06:16 AM
Me too!

AdoreMyDogs
11-08-2000, 09:21 AM
My hubby and I have a running joke...we'll only hunt if they give the animals fire arms also http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

I was talking to a big tough hunter guy (macho man) at the dog park last week, and I was appauled at what he told me...We happened to be talking about how dogs will sometimes get on a trail of an animal and stray too far from the owner. He just got this collar for his dog that has a remote and when his dog strays too far he can zap him http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/frown.gif, I told him that my dog Graham has seen a flock of deer in the past and he's taken off after them thinking he could actually "take down a deer" (I was trying to be funny and lignten up the conversation, not easy to do with a big, tough, macho hunter guy) and he told me that he's shot dogs before that were after the deer that he was trying to kill! I wanted to shoot him! I will never talk to that macho jerk again! If ANYONE shot my dog, I would turn into a madwoman and I'd probably shoot the **** who hurt my baby.

Everyone...WATCH your dogs during murdering season, because I am sure this JERK was not the only one who would shoot a dog who was chasing deer. I am nervous now, because my dog really likes to chase deer. I was always careful but now I know that even tho I keep one of those bright orange capes on Graham, if he happens to be seen chasing a deer he may get shot.

Can you believe that? Isn't that horrible?

Smilla
11-08-2000, 10:43 AM
Through what I've seen of hunting programs and what I've gathered by speaking to hunters, I've gotten the impression that intelligence and the desire to hunt for sport are mutually exclusive.

teena
11-08-2000, 10:53 AM
Smilla:

Hear hear!!!!!!!

karen israel
11-08-2000, 12:36 PM
Smilla... Couldn't have said it better! I LOVED THAT! Adore, that guy needs a good hard swift kick in the ba***..ahem, I mean head. Not my idea of a real man.

carrie
11-08-2000, 01:00 PM
It is widely accepted that farmers are shouting the loudest against the reintroduction of the wolf in the States. It is true that many are against and many have concerns about the program. The main group against, however are the hunters. They feel that wolves take deer that should be their right to kill and they are the biggest illegal killers of wolves.

Aussies 'R' Us
11-08-2000, 03:22 PM
I hate deer hunting. I saw a bunch of hunters coming back from hunting on the first day of season and guess what most of them had on their truck hood.....NOTHING!!! I am so relieved. We are worried that a drunk hunter or something will confuse the horses with a deer and will shoot one. We don't mind having deer on the property because the deer will have a better chance to live because e having no tresspassing signs everywhere. I am amazed to see the deer grazing with the horses sometimes! But we aren't too worried about hunters because the dogs won't let any trespassers on the property!

ownerof3dogs
11-08-2000, 06:12 PM
I think Hunters are SICK. Hunting is unfair to the innocent animals. They don't even have a chance to run. Because these hunters have high powered rifles that can shoot a deer a mile away!!!
I think hunting should be illegal except for the use of food.