PDA

View Full Version : oreos??????

lovemyshiba
05-12-2003, 11:12 PM
What do you all think of this??
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030512/ap_on_fe_st/oreo_suit_1

seems to me like people are willing to blame everything on someone else??:rolleyes:

Soledad
05-12-2003, 11:40 PM
I don't know about a ban, but if it makes more people aware of the dangers of trans fat, it can't be ALL bad.

captain
05-12-2003, 11:50 PM
Whilst, YES in principal I agree - It can't be ALL bad, it does seem as if people will start a court case for anything.

i.e. Someone in Australia is trying to sue McDonalds because their child is overweight.

Abit ridiculous!!! :confused:

Soledad
05-13-2003, 12:01 AM
Yeah, but it seems to me that this is one of those news stories that sounds ABSURD when you read the title, but starts to make more sense as you read more.

I don't agree with banning people from feeding their kids oreos, but I agree with people making harmful foods publicised and with holding companies accountable.

Rachel
05-13-2003, 07:37 AM
In addition to there being so many foods that aren't good for us, there seems to be only a paltry effort made to produce or offer that which is good for us. Whenever I go to a restaurant, I'd love to be able to order some vegetable entrees or side dishes. Other than a salad, which I eat a home all the time, they just aren't offered. Or if I do order something that indicates part of the ingredients are vegetable, the amount of vegetables in the dish is miniscule. :confused:

MaxandSpike'sMom
05-13-2003, 08:03 AM
I had to laugh when I first read this, Emily, because the first thing Christine said to me this morning was: "did you see the news. They are now saying not to eat Oreos!" (Great minds think alike)

Anyway, Not sure a suit is the answer but if it makes people aware of the trans fats then knowledge is a good thing. I believe that anything can be harmful to you and your family but I think if you eat things in moderation and promote exercise and a healthy lifestyle then your family will remain in good health.

But suing is not the answer! Maybe Nabisco and other companies will start labeling their foods so the average consumer can understand it.:)

Jesus Freak!!!!
05-13-2003, 09:21 AM
that is pathetic!!!! i can not believe it!! if they try to ban it here, they are going to have to pry the box out of my death-grip hands!!!!!!

lovemyshiba
05-13-2003, 09:53 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jesus Freak!!!!
[B]that is pathetic!!!! i can not believe it!! if they try to ban it here, they are going to have to

lol:D

I agree--labels should contain all of the information--that makes sense to me--but a lawsuit?? I think some people are getting a little ridiculous!!
I may have to sue Pet Talk, because my husband gets so annoyed when I am on here all the time;)

Kona & Oreo's mom
05-13-2003, 10:08 AM
that is pathetic!!!! i can not believe it!! if they try to ban it here, they are going to have to pry the box out of my death-grip hands!!!!!!

Have you ever tried a deep-fried Oreo? It's covered in batter and fried--the inside gets all gooey! :D Delicious, but definately UNHEALTHY!

catland
05-13-2003, 10:35 AM
Not OREOs:(

I've already given up smoking - now they are asking way too much.;)

RICHARD
05-13-2003, 11:11 AM
you'd have to eat 8,000 oreos to seriously clog your arteries..

now if we banned all lawyers we'd get rid of all the trans fat heads trying to make a buck...

Jesus Freak!!!!
05-13-2003, 11:19 AM
wow, you are so true!!!!!

catland
05-13-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by RICHARD

uh - excuse me for a while everyone while I go get my arteries cleaned out.

RICHARD
05-13-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by catland
uh - excuse me for a while everyone while I go get my arteries cleaned out.

phil jackson??????

is that you?????

lol

Logan
05-13-2003, 11:41 AM
LOL!!!!

captain
05-13-2003, 06:05 PM

now if we banned all lawyers we'd get rid of all the trans fat heads trying to make a buck...

8.000 oreos - now THERE's a challenge!!!!!!

Ditto your comment of the "trans fat heads"! :)

RICHARD
05-13-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by captain
8.000 oreos - now THERE's a challenge!!!!!!

with a nice big glass of milk...........:p

us lactose intolerants have to do that SOY stuff!!!

actually when i'm feeling REAL edgy i'll do the soy choco milk and a hand full of the dipped oreos!!!!!!

trans fats be damned!!

mugsy
05-13-2003, 06:11 PM
Don't tell Johanna about your lawyer comment Richard!! lol

RICHARD
05-13-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
Don't tell Johanna about your lawyer comment Richard!! lol

i didn't mean ALL the lawyers....(backtracking furiously).......

it should have read-'all the trans fat head lawyers trying to ban oreos'.......or something like that....

i was just quoting shakespeare....um...ummmm....ummmmm

better yet, just sue me, put me out of my misery!!!!

(i'm sure she's been made aware of my statement, i'd like to be deposed as soon as possible, pending the selection of my legal counsel.....):p

captain
05-13-2003, 06:21 PM
Richard,

Uh Oh - now you've done it!!!! :D

Pending legal counsel ................ make sure you select someone who DOES NOT eat trans fats !!!!

:D

allanimalswelcome
05-14-2003, 07:49 PM
It was the kids and their parents fault for allowing their kids to eat them accevsivly (sp?). No one heald a gun to there head and said "EAT THEM!" this reminds me a lot of that stupid McDonalds lawsuit a few months back

~Rachel

catland
05-15-2003, 10:11 AM
I don't understand why they enjoy going after the food suppliers. They should really be suing Playstation, Nintendo, and all the other game companies that are creating the couch potatos.;)

Cataholic
05-15-2003, 04:12 PM

Yup, ban us all, then you can have back all the good lawyers do every single day...like protect your right to voice your opinion, as silly as it is!!!!!!

Behind every greedy lawyer is a greedy human willing to pay the freight!!!

Cataholic
05-15-2003, 04:15 PM
(i'm sure she's been made aware of my statement, i'd like to be deposed as soon as possible, pending the selection of my legal counsel.....):p

Yup, I have this little device on my 'puter that instantly alerts me to those intent on rendering opinions on my fine profession....bring it on, Richard, bring it on! I have my eye on you! (Well, that part of my one eye that isn't furiously tracking all the rear end accidents occuring in my heighborhood..)

Cataholic
05-15-2003, 04:21 PM
One final "Go Lawyers" issue...for Ricardo- Who do you thunk brought about the ADA that provides that little boy with CP the RIGHT to have a service dog in school? Think it was done largely OUTSIDE the legal arena?? I am bettin' it was done largely INSIDE the legal arena, with lawyers for both sides.

Lawyers aren't any different than any other group of people, some good, some bad....but, when times are bad, and one needs to get something done, one chooses a lawyer (or a hit man, depending on your orientation). Yes, I am sensitive, and will always defend my profession, because I believe in it....now, I gotta go sue someone...

RICHARD
05-15-2003, 04:38 PM
how would i go about getting your shoe outta my a$$????

or am i gonna have to sue?

i never passed the bar...

i walked right in and proceeded to get drunk:)

Cinder & Smoke
05-15-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
One final "Go Lawyers" issue...

... Yes, I am sensitive, and will always defend my profession...
..now, I gotta go sue someone... :D

wow! :cool:
Fiesty :eek: lil Scrapper, Isn't She!? :D

RICHARD
05-15-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
wow! :cool:
Fiesty :eek: lil Scrapper, Isn't She!? :D

yeppers!!!!!!

it's not the first time i've had my ass kicked my a woman, won't be the last either...;)

it's the shoes that scare me....it's either that or the ballistic metacarpal blow to the cranium, eh????

just trying to figure out what dentistry had to do with cerebral palsy.....last time i saw the ADA was on the back of my tube of toothpaste....

but what do I know?

i'm gonna have to go see the doc about my rear end, it's got a crack in it!

lol

Cincy'sMom
05-15-2003, 05:28 PM
I'd watch it with Jo---she's a soccer player, so imagine the force behind that shoe :)

RICHARD
05-15-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
I'd watch it with Jo---she's a soccer player, so imagine the force behind that shoe :)

hey!

the cleats should clear up the hemorrhoids.......do i still sue or thank her????

at this point i'm being smart with my stupidity, thank you very much!:eek:

Cataholic
05-16-2003, 07:21 AM
Richard,
Do not confuse the AMERICAN'S WITH DISABILITIES ACT (ADA) with the AMERICAN DENTAL ASSOCIATION, you nut...

But, I think it is important that the doggie's dental health be taken into account, but, not with Crest, of course.

I do not kick people....unless they are in my way!! He he he....

Cataholic
05-16-2003, 07:23 AM
how would i go about getting your shoe outta my a$$????

DUH! Pay me, of course! Now, get up you lazy Californian! Half the day is gone already, and you are slumbering still, aren't you?

(It is 530 am Richard's time right now)

zippy-kat
05-16-2003, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Cataholic
DUH! Pay me, of course! Now, get up you lazy Californian! Half the day is gone already, and you are slumbering still, aren't you?

(It is 530 am Richard's time right now)

half the day? :eek: Ya know, those of us who aren't "scouting for rear end accidents" can sleep in late! :p

Cataholic
05-16-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
Ya know, those of us who aren't "scouting for rear end accidents" can sleep in late! :p

BUT, you miss all the good ones!!!

AngelZoo
05-20-2003, 08:42 PM
You can control what you eat, if you get fat from eating something, it's your own darn fault.

End of story. :D :rolleyes:

cali
05-21-2003, 07:04 PM
ok am I the only person in the world that hates oreos? I think a ban is rather drasitic
but I would not effect me anyway! am I really th eonly person that finds oreos h emost discusting tasting cookie? looks like it so far:rolleyes:

zippy-kat
05-22-2003, 12:13 AM
Speaking of oreos...

Has anyone seen the new Uh-Oh Oreos? Vanilla cookies w/ choc. icing.

I might be weird in that I don't like the icing at all... just the cookie part. ;)

Nomilynn
05-22-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
Speaking of oreos...

I might be weird in that I don't like the icing at all... just the cookie part. ;)

OMG ME TOO!!!!! Finally I've found someone else who understands!!! :) That's why I love cookies and cream ice cream.. they seem to either leave the icing out or it blends with the ide cream and I can't taste it. If I'm going to eat an oreo, I scrape the icing out first :)

carole
05-24-2003, 06:43 AM
Aww u guys i have only just had the Oreo experience this year, now u tell me they are bad for me, hmmm, well they taste pretty darn nice to me, i will still treat myself now and then whatever.

KYS
05-24-2003, 11:31 AM
posted by RICHARD: didn't mean ALL the lawyers....(backtracking furiously).......>>>>

LOL! Glad you corrected your last statement.
I am hoping that most lawyers are ethical, even
though their are times, it might seem questionable because
of a few bad apples.
I am assuming your hemorrhoids have improved!!! :D

P.S. The icing is my favorite part. You guys can have
the outside, and I will eat the middles.

shais_mom
05-25-2003, 11:45 PM
I saw today on Food network they had the top 5 fried foods and the new rage is get this

Fried Oreos!! ack

and it was like $2 or $3 for 3 oreos!! You can buy a whole package for that!

mugsy
05-26-2003, 07:43 AM
Staci,

I haven't seen the deep fried oreos, but last fall at Huntington, IN's Pioneer Days, Mike had a deep fried Snicker's bar.

Cinder & Smoke
05-26-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
... Mike had a deep fried Snicker's bar.

:confused:

Kinda makez ya wunder...

Jest HOW da they DO that!???? :rolleyes:

??? :confused: ???

babolaypo65
05-26-2003, 07:06 PM
Hate them. a lot. Always have. The cookie part is gross.
We could start our own club!

Originally posted by Nomilynn
OMG ME TOO!!!!! Finally I've found someone else who understands!!! :) That's why I love cookies and cream ice cream.. they seem to either leave the icing out or it blends with the ide cream and I can't taste it. If I'm going to eat an oreo, I scrape the icing out first :)

Cincy'sMom
05-26-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
:confused:

Kinda makez ya wunder...

Jest HOW da they DO that!???? :rolleyes:

??? :confused: ???

I can't imagine...and I'm not sure I want to!!!

carole
05-26-2003, 09:20 PM
yes they do that here at our local fish and chip shop deep fry chocolate Mars Bars , yuck, just imagine the FAT eek, not something i ever wish to try

RICHARD
05-27-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by carole
yes they do that here at our local fish and chip shop deep fry chocolate Mars Bars , yuck, just imagine the FAT eek, not something i ever wish to try

in the same fish oil?????????:eek:

carole
05-27-2003, 06:11 PM
Well richard i would not think so myself, but i dont know as i have never tried them and never will, eek the thought, hopefully they use fresh oil for that.

RICHARD
05-27-2003, 06:17 PM
Well richard i would not think so myself, but i dont know as i have never tried them and never will, eek the thought, hopefully they use fresh oil for that.

just wondering....i get lazy sometimes and.....oh ever mind!

babolaypo65
05-27-2003, 07:18 PM
ewww, it reminds me of a diner we used to go to in high school. The donuts and the french fries tasted the same....

RICHARD
05-27-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by babolaypo65
ewww, it reminds me of a diner we used to go to in high school. The donuts and the french fries tasted the same....

dofries and frenchnuts???

zippy-kat
05-27-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by babolaypo65

ewwwwww reminds me of school food ewwwww....

good ol' publik edjamakashun!

babolaypo65
05-27-2003, 07:36 PM
glazed frenchnuts in fact.

dofries and frenchnuts???

zippy-kat
05-27-2003, 07:39 PM
Until school lunches came along... I was never aware that milk came in chunky style.

(Have no idea what was in my little carton of milk... but it something black and rock like. From that day on, I carried my lunch or had mom come get me. Good ol' Mom! ;) )

captain
05-27-2003, 07:41 PM
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww - chunky milk!!!!

as for the glazed Doughfries .......... ooops, I meant Frenchnuts ...:eek: :D